The Sunfall Universe 82 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 122 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 122
Airstream
Group Admin

Don't ask me why, because I don't know, but... Fluttershy has royal blood dating back to the old Pegasus state.

Rainbow Dash comes from a line of ponies that are the only ones who are capable of the sonic rainboom.

The reason for this ability is because during Discord's reign he was feeling chaotic.

Airstream
Group Admin

Nice. I don't know if you heard, but bat-ponies are a separate race now, according to the Great Faust. In my mind, they were Discord's attempt at making "subjects" of his own. When he was defeated, Luna took them for her own.

You might have heard of this before but the reason why Pinkie laughs so much is because she's constantly afraid.

Airstream
Group Admin

You read much TCB fiction?

Do you have an opinions on how the previous generation of MLP might link into this version?

Airstream
Group Admin

Twilight Sparkle would have had an arranged marriage if she had stayed in Canterlot.

One or two.

I can't remember what they were called, most of what I've read on it comes from research into and consideration of the concept of it.

It's some scary shit.

Airstream
Group Admin

Evolution, helped along by Discord early on. Explains the serious changes in structure. Humans were in Equestria at one time, too. They left a lasting mark on the culture, which is why things are designed with handles and such. They...aren't around anymore.

Applejack is actually a half-sibling. Her coat is nothing close to an apple. She went to Manehatten on an attempt to connect with the other side of her family.

Airstream
Group Admin

Lotus Eater Machines, my friend. The worst kind of trap.

Airstream
Group Admin

This journey was brought on by the death of her parents.

I mentioned the Pony POV series a while back.

I love that explanation of it all.

Airstream
Group Admin

Didn't read past the Gaia arc. Again, Lotus Eaters. They freak me out.

Zecora's rhymes are actually due to poison joke. Zebras don't really talk like that. Zecora just finds it amusing.

Airstream
Group Admin

Sombra was the one who turned Luna into Nightmare Moon. His magic brought despair into her heart, and from there it was only a matter of time.

What happens is basically there is an entire Pantheon worth of Alicons and Draconequoces(or whatever), and they decide that the timeline must be reset. So they systematically erase the entirety of G3 out of reality.

Reason is that everyone is basically a cardboard cut-out of a real pony.

What follows is about eight of the ponies left proving them wrong.

And Pinkie being crazy awesome.

Airstream
Group Admin

Which explains so much about Pinkie Pie, right there. Imagine, seeing everything you know wiped out like that.

Not only that, but having a friend erased from reality right in front of you (Who was in fact going to be spared by sacrificed and herself for Pinkie) as well as fighting the incarnation of the night for another friends right to exist.

Airstream
Group Admin

A greater love hath no man, than he lay down his life for his friends.

Do you have an expanded opinion on Sombra?

You should read moar. Pony POV is awesome.

The last few chapters of Dark World were SO. AWESOME. :rainbowkiss:

Fluttershy is quite possibly the only pony in Ponyville to know death. Because she encounters it on a regular basis.

Airstream
Group Admin

Yep. The magic which springs from negative feelings fed the Windigos, but when they disappeared, there was no need to ward against them anymore. Sombra, a unicorn scholar at the time, recovered the old research, and seeing the power of love and positive emotions, wondered how powerful negative emotions could be if harnessed. It turns out, the magic was quite a bit stronger than he could handle.

You can extrapolate from there.

Airstream
Group Admin

Here's one that'll fuck your head right up. None of the series is real. Twilight's Cutie Mark Story? That magical discharge? It's still going on. She's trapped in her own little fantasy world while her body rages out of control in real life. Three Seasons of Pony in a split second of real time.

I got bogged down right after Shining Armour and the Dog/existence monster thing.

I really need to go read some more.

Oh ho that's pretty interesting.

Twilight is colorblind and therefore was not able to notice that her friends were turning gray.

Prepare for the epic. Bring some pants.

Airstream
Group Admin

If Scootaloo were human, she'd be Hispanic.

Pinkie knew how to deal with parasprites because they would show up on her family's farm. Her parents were more estatic about the party music driving all the little buggers away rather than Pinkie's attempt to cheer them up.

YOUR BODY WILL NEVER BE READY.

Airstream
Group Admin

Ha! The song she plays is her own original composition, which is why she plays it at every opportunity.

Due to Cadence being the Alicorn of love she has more than one lover, with Shining Armour being her latest.

One of her many sons is Prince Blueblood.

Airstream
Group Admin

Don't even joke like that, man.

If they weren't already, Twilight's family are now serious players in Canterlot's social circles.

This one's a little grimdark. After a series of coincidences, Pinkie believed her 'Pinkie Sense' was real. After being called out and laughed at, she went all Pinkamena and started attacking ponies. Ever since, ponies have been playing along and making sure that her 'predictions' come true. They tell everypony that Pinkie Pie is just being Pinkie Pie because they don't want anypony to trigger Pinkie again.

Have you ever read Whom the Princess Would Destroy?

Airstream
Group Admin

Ooh, good one.Until recently, Rarity was ashamed of her background, because she desperately wants to emulate the Canterlot ponies. Earth ponies are considered second-class citizens there. This would be why she and Applejack had such animosity towards each other at first. She had discriminated against her in the past, before their friendship with Twilight.

Airstream
Group Admin

I laughed for a quarter hour after that, non-stop. Plus the time it took for me to read the fic. Classic Pratchett, right there.

I don't think "Pinkamena" is a violent pony.

The whole "Cupckes" thing is really interesting in that the Pinkie in that story is completely normal. In fact the only reason I found that story scary was that Pinkie was pretty much in character the entire time.

Have you ever spent time thinking about that mirror thing in "Witches Abroad"?

I wonder what it would be like living in a world with narrative causality.

Airstream
Group Admin

I try not to.

I kinda freak out whenever I go get a haircut. Or stand in an elevator.

Airstream
Group Admin

:pinkiehappy:"Want a taste? They're delicious! I made them all by myself...well, I had help from a few friends, but that just makes them taste that much better, right?"

Heard it before. Sorta makes sense.

Another theory on why Derpy is derpy is because she accidentally uncovered a terrible secret that would doom the universe. Celestia was forced to to cast a spell on Derpy for the rest of her days to save everyone. The Princess then moved her to Ponyville because she no longer recognized anyone from her old life. Celestia occasionally leaves muffins at Derpy's doorstep as solace. Also, that terrible secret? Well once upon a time, Derpy was originally known as Daring Do...

Airstream
Group Admin

Code Majeste.

I have this weird headcanon that says if Twilight were human, she'd have a thing for boy bands. Like Backstreet Boys, N'Sync, that sort of thing.

Reread the Derpy thing. I just totally had a headcanon expansion on it.

Airstream
Group Admin

Fluttershy once tried meat out of curiosity.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 122