Power Rangers Crossover Group 294 members · 133 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I loved SPD it was fucking awesome growing up. i watched the fuck out of that show through 6th to 7th grade and now as a jaded 20 year old black its a blast from the past.

3077484 Nope, your not the only one who liked it.

3077484 Chrisharte97 said it. I will say the theme song is not as good as the other Power Rangers themes, but the show was good.

3077484 It was a decent show, my fav was Mystic Force by far, byt SPD was pretty good.

But still,

MAGICAL SOURCE, MYSTIC FORCE!!!!!

3077484 It was good. I think the problem everyone had with it was that it was a bit too comedy focused.

No you're not, SPD was pretty awesome, from the concept to the characters.

3077484 SPD gave me an STD.

(Serious answer time: I hated SPD because at the time, Dekaranger was my favorite Super Sentai, and SPD was the worst possible adaptation of Dekaranger.)

3077484 This 3078470. I totally agree.

We see that the Megazords are able to blow the shit out of enemy giant robots, and the weapons turn the mechanical grunts into piles of scrap metal, but whenever they get used on a Monster of the Week, it magically gets trapped in a containment card instead of being destroyed. Yeah, real smooth.:facehoof:

And then there's Sam, AKA the Omega Ranger. He was supposed to come from a timeline where the entire B Squad was killed, but he didn't seem depressed at all, In fact, he was barely even a character with how little we saw of him after his debut. Yeah, real smooth there.:facehoof::facehoof:

And the monsters themselves. They were all supposedly guilty of blowing up multiple planets, but when they show up on Earth, they just use a bunch of energy blasts that don't really have much effect, and are taken out fairly easily for the most part. Informed Ability is informed.:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:

That's three strikes, they're out!:flutterrage:

I too enjoyed the series.

3078209 I didn't find the theme impressive. I like the show, but the theme could been better. There one theme that I thought could been much better then this one, Power Rangers Time Force Theme. I don't hate the theme, I just didn't like it that much.

It was an okay season, but it tried to jump the shark many times; I mean, a Building Megazord? C'mon!

I think that the problem was how disney did the adaptation, and how horribly they set up the story. They screwed over the future earth stated in Time Force (which they do again in RPM (WORST SEASON EVAH!), and the idea that SPD has command over more than one Ranger Team is just downright re:yay:d, even more considering that the A team are the same as the B team SWAT Mode, but with the In Space helmets (Oh, and apparently, Wes is Sky's daddy :facehoof:). And the worst offender is the "Cat Ranger"

3083035 Saban retconned it so that R.P.M took place in an alternate timeline.

Did anyone not like SPD?

7777788 I'm sure it has its detractors. But I feel like the majority of the fandom is in agreement that its successor was much worse, even if many of the problems that plauged it started in SPD.

I thought SPD, Dino Thunder, RPM, and Mystic Force were pretty good.

SPD, Dino Thunder and RPM are quite good, Mystic Force despite its flaws is a season that can be enjoyed.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17