Humanized Authors Alliance 110 members · 462 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
TheDarkNight775
Group Admin

So. How do we measly humanized authors keep up with the strange appeal of a character with two legs wondering around in a land of ponies?

There is about one HiE fic that I like. (They're not all bad.) http://www.fimfiction.net/story/85622/harmony-through-chaos-book-one-emberdawn
I personally love this with all my heart because it's funny as all buck.
So. Is humor the answer?

Or is it simply people being pervy and wanting to see another human screwing a miniature horse?
In that case, simply do something like http://www.fimfiction.net/story/82286/rose-petals and turn it into a harem anime. Essentially.

The strength of HiE lies in its appeal as a cultural clashing situation, and the unfulfilled dreams of thousands of edgy teens everywhere that want to fuck horses.

There is no more to it, really.

The only way we can counter such things is by:

Offering good quality stories (which is hard).

Adding some sort of incredible twist on the concept (which is hard).

That's why I think our situation is... Hard.

TheDarkNight775
Group Admin

Well, if it's all about the lust, why not just give them the MLP girls as the same species as us in skimpy outfits?

I mean, look at the reviews on Rose Petals. If that was it, (Unless nine people have absolutely no interest in females of their own species) then I'd be shooting through the roof.

I think it's more about the cultural difference.

That's what compelled me to write a self insert in the first place.

TheDarkNight775
Group Admin

1063810 Ah. how did that turn out?

Fairly well, actually.

Over a hundred likes and less than ten dislikes. Over one hundred and fifty favs too.

I had the good judgement of adding an interesting concept to the whole thing.

TheDarkNight775
Group Admin

1063946 Ah.
IDEA TIME!

Sort of a game like fic, with a very blank, likable hero who the reader can easily insert themselves onto. A dude with a very average name, some sort of writer, who has the creatures he imagines come to life and start trashing shit.

That's all I got as of now.

That's a good idea, actually!

I actually just expanded it a bit more.

A rift between universes is caused, and two individuals are suddenly granted the power to make their creations come to life!

One of them is your average guy, or at least he used to be.

Days pass as he makes use of his new powers, all the while the main six try to uproot the one causing such disturbances with the simple flick of a pencil.

He evades them for a long while, at least until odd things begin to happen. Strange creatures pour from the wilderness to rob and pillage, and the guard is unable to do much against their numbers.

During one of these raids, our hero makes himself known to help save the town. He then sees that his actions have been selfish, and that he has to help stop whoever is causing the destruction.

He and the main six venture into the wild; they face off against other evil dude with the same powers and win.

:moustache: Perhaps you'd find this useful? Not my best, but I think it works for a decent tale.

TheDarkNight775
Group Admin

1064130 Hell yeah.
Make it a collab. Then I can work on getting a crew together to do a comic version.

Just to pop on and talk about the original question real quick: we don't. It doesn't matter if we keep up with them. What matters is the quality of the piece--outshine them, and who cares how many of 'em there are.

TheDarkNight775
Group Admin

1065109 The trouble is getting any sort of foothold to shine at all.
I mean, every humanized group I go to is flooded with HiE fics. There's about 1 humanized to every 20 HiE.

It's hard to find actual humanized fics even if you're looking for them

There should be a tag for humanized.

This. As for
Check out this thread. It has quite a few--should at least give you a place to start.

TheDarkNight775
Group Admin

I did see that, actually...
Being me, I breezed right past it.
Giving it a second look naow. :3

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14