FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

After snooping around a bit on archive.org’s save of yesterday's pre-update fimfic, I stumbled across this.

Fimfiction's main CSS file from before the update.

Out of interest, I tried loading the entire CSS file into Stylish, and lo and behold, green user bar! 3D-ish buttons! A bit of functionality restored!

Additionally, it removes the lightly blue tint that replaced the grey-tan headings for posts.

Other than that, it appears that the rest of the CSS is overridden by some other updated file on the servers.

This is why I’ve been taking HTML/CSS courses online. :twilightsmile:

Edit:

Loading this CSS file also fixes the new popular stories bug, allowing you to once again scroll through the list instead of having it extend all the way down.

Due to the main HTML being heavily modified, loading the old CSS as a Stylish script will fix certain elements, but at the same time, break a few others. For example, reply boxes for comments now extend into the site footer. (At least, on my computer it does)

Edit #2, because loading the old CSS file doesn’t fix the broken comment/blog editing.

SQUARE AVATARS!

Square avatars is a must, but what’s the point when majority of others see you in a hole....

Round Avatar, yes.
I plan to ask FF stuff about it - return back to square, I mean - when things will calm down a bit.

Yeah. I was at first debating if I should look a bit more firat, but then I noticed the square avatars that appeared.

That code is such a mess lol and it’s lagging Stylish super badly trying to edit it. I just wanted to try and find the part to fix the avatars and maybe fix the popular stories, but I can’t just load it into Stylish and fix it like I thought. I’m surprised it’s all just mashed together like that and not separated out nicely.

Whoof, that’s a beast.

That shows just how messy Knighty’s coding is. :trollestia:

knighty
Site Owner

Not sure if serious but that file is minified....it’s not designed to be read by humans.

Ohhhh, okay. Gotcha. I didn’t know that was a thing, but it does make sense to do. I did end up finding a user style separately to fix it, so I don’t have to go through the whole minified file.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12