Random Romance 368 members · 37 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
PaulAsaran
Group Admin

It's that time of the month again, and we're ready to start another contest! This month will have the optional theme of Hearth's Warming Eve!

To be perfectly honest, when I drew the names from the hats, my jaw dropped, 'cause I wasn't expecting anything like this. It should make for some interesting entries, that's for sure!

First up, the pony with the largest and most adoring fan base ever:

And, as a member of said fan base, allow me a moment to fawn like a total fanboy. :pinkiehappy:

Ahem...

Second on our list, that supposedly-fictional hero of heroes:

Yeah, whoa. I'm actually looking forward to seeing how people pull this one off. Now, because I know everyone's got busy schedules for Christmas and New Years, and because I'm such a nice guy, I'm pushing the due date back about a week for this one. SO, entries for the contest will be due at midnight on Sunday, January 5th!

I might try my hand at this one. :pinkiehappy:

This...this is like a different version of my OTP (FlutterDash). :pinkiegasp:
This...THIS I think I'm going to do.:raritystarry:

punzil504
Group Contributor

I should probably add Fluttershy's cutie mark to this one... don't know how I missed that...

Daring Deux
Group Contributor

I promised myself I wouldn't do another contest, though this one tempts me...

I've already set the story up for this one :pinkiecrazy: this is going to be my masterpiece! Here's the description (if ANYONE even DARES to copy this I swear to Celestia...)
While reading a new Daring Do novel, Rainbow Dash accidentally sends Fluttershy into the story. Literally. Now, the only way she can get out is to make it to the end of the book unharmed. She'll need a bit of help, though. That help comes in the form of Daring Do. But when you have the Indiana Jones of the pony world, and the shyest, most timid, and afraid pony in Equestria, some strange things are bound to happen.

2292319 I've been ordered by my colborator to do this.
I might be able to work it into the fanfic I haven't done yet, "Pinkie Pie: Crack shipper extraordinar"

TimeLord_Whooves
Group Contributor

I might actually have to try this one out...

punzil504
Group Contributor

There is so much potential with this pairing due to the nature of one of the characters.

Daring is probably the most written about one-off characters in the fandom. Her characterization is versatile. Sometimes she's Indiana Jones played straight. Other times she acts more like Han Solo. Sometimes she's the writer of her own novels, other times she's just a character.

For the sake of a reference, the only Daring Do x Fluttershy story on this site is a clopfic (not really surprising) with RD cosplaying Daring Do.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

I have an idea of my own, though I'm hesitant. It wouldn't be a short story. More like a novelette. I think it has some real potential, but I'm gonna have to work on it quite a bit, and I'm not sure I can punch it out before the due date.

But there's nothing to stop me from trying.

Uuuh! Now that is something. I could give this a try... :pinkiehappy:

punzil504
Group Contributor

I've got a little bit already written, but I honestly can't wait to see what sort of ideas tomorrow's episode will inspire...

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Me be sad: I gotta wait till it comes out online (which will be, what, an hour?) 'cause I don't have cable in my new house yet. :fluttercry:

punzil504
Group Contributor

I'm surprised meme-asaurus hasn't posted a link to a leaked episode yet.

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

I found someone who's posting the episodes shortly after they air (though how shortly I'm not sure). That suits me just fine, at least until Hasbro inevitably finds it and shuts it down. Y'know, it's funny; for a company that's trying to use a show to sell toys, they sure aren't interested in getting the material out there to the largest audience pool. I mean, the shows are free, right? Nobody pays to watch them on TV - excluding the cable/satellite bill - so why get mad when nobody pays to watch them on the internet?

PaulAsaran
Group Admin

Tomorrow, my story goes up. It is bittersweet, it is long, and I worked hard on it. I have high expectations...but I'm also expecting to be shot down for a certain aspect of it.

Time will tell. :trixieshiftright:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16