Irongalley's Battalion 61 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 32 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 32
Saint Kelly
Group Contributor

The Blood Eagle was a method of torture and execution that is sometimes mentioned in Nordic saga legends. It was performed by cutting the ribs of the victim by the spine, breaking the ribs so they resembled blood-stained wings, and pulling the lungs out through the wounds in the victim's back. Salt was sprinkled in the wounds. Victims of the method of execution, as mentioned in skaldic poetry and the Norse sagas, are believed to have included King Ælla of Northumbria, Halfdan son of King Haraldr Hárfagri of Norway, King Maelgualai of Munster, and possibly Archbishop Ælfheah of Canterbury.
Maybe we should do this to some of are worst enemies:pinkiecrazy:

Bonus points for you

Saint Kelly
Group Contributor

1083347 I can find worse heard of the choke pair or maybe we could flay there skin while they still breathe :pinkiecrazy:

Or use the Bronze Bull.:pinkiecrazy:

Saint Kelly
Group Contributor
Saint Kelly
Group Contributor

1083528 nah maybe we should let the spartans do it

Barbarism at its finest general. Disgraceful. A general need not stain his hands in such a poor display of manslaughter. A true torture would need one skilled in medicine, like myself. Doctor Edmund Sirus, at your service.

If you want a proper torture, you need at least the psychological impression that they can be rescued with relatively full use of their limbs. It becomes too easy to puncture a lung with broken ribs. If I must make a torture be excruciatingly painful as possible, I'd pick something where the pain becomes slow and takes a long time to crescendo into agony and death.

Secure your foe to a boat facing up in a stagnant pond. The preceding night, fill their gut full of milk and honey, and smear honey near all bodily orifices and friction points, such as the armpit and thighs. This would produce abdominal bowel movements and severe diarrhea. That's where the torture begins.

The scent would draw vermin and insects, who would then slowly consume the prisoner alive before they start breeding in his flesh.

I'm a doctor. I know how to save. I know how to destroy.

Saint Kelly
Group Contributor

1083545 I like you welcome to the army doctor

Saint Kelly
Group Contributor

1083693 you are no fun :rainbowhuh:

Torture for the sake of torture? Have some class and respect, Commander. You are a soldier, not a beast.

Saint Kelly
Group Contributor

1083731 Ah but im a general ill leave it to you then 1083766 hmnn ill consider it i know this will be shut down soon by the king but it was fun to see some new faces on here :pinkiecrazy:

Irongalley
Group Admin

Gentlemen, we are civilized fighters here, and not a bunch of bestial barbarians who would jump at the chance to use such hideous methods of torture.

That being said, I preffer the usage of maggots.

Saint Kelly
Group Contributor

1083788 I knew you would do this now get on steam if you can

Torture is one of the worst ways to extract information. People will say anything just to make it stop. If the torture breaks their mind, all credibility is thrown into question. Torture is always for naught when information is the goal.

Ah, maggots. I wish to correct you, general, for future notice. Maggots feast only on decayed flesh, not living ones. All you would be doing is cleaning the wound.

Irongalley
Group Admin

Clean wound through horrid method = Victim is terrified and lives longer.

Profit.

Meh, what does it matter? They look ugly and squeamish, so they fit the purpose just fine. :derpytongue2:

After how long? Fear of the flesh is the easiest impulse to overcome. If you throw enough darts, eventually you'll hit the bullseye. Or you could actually take sometime and do it properly. The kneejerk use of pain galvanizes the will of true believers. It's simply not worth it.

Now there are those with weaker wills who can break, but the mind is fallible with many points of failure. If it breaks or splinters, reliable info is precarious and brittle, and often not trustworthy. People who fear pain more than failure say whatever they wish to make pain stop. Torture everyone then? It's a useless tactic and doomed to failure. You need to know your enemy before you make impulse decisions. Applying it to everyone is a terrible idea.

I'd like to nip political debates in the butt right now. If it continues, it will never end. I'm not talking about that particular issue any more after this post.

I'm a doctor, so I can't help but know better.

"Thanks for taking care of my wounds."

Irongalley
Group Admin

Not everyone's a doctor. :derpytongue2: Most regulars would be horror-struck at the sight of the little buggers crawling all over their flesh. Even more if inside a bleeding wound.

I'm pragmatic, not crazy.

Still creepy, though.

1083918 Sensory deprivation is the best torture and works on all people, and creatures that have higher thinking processes. It leaves their brain starving for any kind of stimulation. Wait a few days then come back and tell them you can have a chat, but they have to be honest and tell you what they know, if they resist leave and come back in a few days, however very extended use of this technique breaks their mind or starves them. This technique is used by restraining and gagging someone in a pitch black, odorless, silent place with a (optional) water IV trickle so they don't die to quickly of dehydration. However, no food may grace their lips so as to keep all five senses receiving the same stagnant signals. It drives their mind to seek any stimulation including divulging things they wouldn't normally due to their brains literal need for some stimulation.

It comes down to their mettle. Fortitude varies as widely as insects under the sun. There are two errors in reasoning here: people fear the lack of stimulus more than failing their mission, and that the instinct of self preservation cannot be overridden.

While there are those that break under pressure, that break is split unevenly, and in three ways: those that kill themselves out of madness, those that tell the truth, and (most importantly) those that will reveal anything just to make it stop.

Those with weaker wills will say anything to make it stop. They could be telling the truth, or they could be lying. You don't know what they are babbling is true or false, and it takes time to verify the claims. Say I killed five people in my basement and am tortured for the dump site. I could spill the beans and say I stuffed them into suitcases on my last trip to Brazil, when they are actually wearing cement shoes at the bottom of the Hudson.

Coerced information is unreliable. What you need is usually one of two things: a slight-of-hand that makes them reveal information, or you exploit something they are afraid of more than pain and torture. Deportation, blown cover, scandal, stolen secrets, or simply trade information; all of these work so much more effectively than torture.

I would like to reiterate I am a pragmatist, not a fundamentalist. I don't disagree because I think torture is something that must be banished or whatever, I disagree that torture is an effective means of coercing information out of people. There are are better means of getting information. You could always do what I do and pump them full of sodium thiopental and shove all the dirt you have on them i their face.

Captured soldiers are a different matter. You--

Jesus, what the hell am I saying?

1085205 One in my method they are restrained and incapable of killing themselves two they only break mentally if you leave them sit too long, it's like cooking if you leave them to stew for too long they are unlikely to serve whatever your original purpose was(in the case of torture information, in the case of cooking sustenance). Besides if something seems sketchy with this method what they need is metal stimulation to verify it threaten to end the conversation and leave them alone again if they don't tell the truth. If they start swearing up one side and down the other it's true at least to their knowledge it's almost positively true, however if they start blurting out the truth then, well... then you have the truth. Also if it seems their taking time to make something up, once again threaten to end the conversation and leave them alone in the room again if they lie. With this method verifying the truth is as easy as if you were dangling a rump roast in front of a starving man and trying to get good information from him threatening not to give them what they need.

No it is not. You are generalizing Pavlov in a situation where there is a web of variables to take into account. How good are they at lying? How important is their information? Will they die for their cause? Is there a timetable? How much stress are they under? Is it possible you have the wrong guy all along? Are they being evasive or buying time because they are waiting for something/someone?

The biggest flaw is that everyone will break just because you have all the cards. Just because your prisoner will lose the battle, doesn't mean he will lose the war.

what they need is metal stimulation

Not everyone wants it. Not everyone needs it. A few can go surprisingly long without it, and by then, the information you need is out of date.

People who are under extreme duress are harder to search for lies, as evasive questions,answers, facial ticks, and pauses could all be associated with the torture. It could not be, but there is no way to tell.

1085205 You could also just use the torture methods the ministry of love in the book 1984 uses. They are 100% effective at brainwashing or (rarely)killing your enemies. However the time required for their techniques is extensive, but near 100% success at brainwashing is worth a lot of time.

1085273 That is mostly correct and admittedly some would take a long time, but everyone does need input from at least one of the senses. This form of torture causes them not to want, but to need some form of stimulation. There is no sound only blackness to see being gagged you couldn't even talk to yourself being restrained you can't pace or twiddle your thumbs being deprived food nothing to taste, but the gag in your mouth. You do nothing see nothing hear nothing and taste, smell, and feel the exact same thing for day after day after day. As much as you would like to believe that some may not need it is not true the mind needs new information. Be it a blade of grass twitching in a meadow the faintest whiff of the sea, or a set of feet passing by their cell door once a day something changes be it ever so slightly, the mind needs stimulation and if left without any for an extended period of time it could break the strongest man for these purposes make a man more glib and turn a off the limits topic into an easy conversation topic.

CM12
Group Contributor

This is the kind of shit that made me leave the NLR behind.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 32