AU's Are Gold: An Alternate Universe Fangroup 984 members · 2,544 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

With a title like that, I'm sure some of you think that could imply a Nightmare themed Clop story. Shame on you who actually thought that, as for those of you who might have actually found a story like that I just have to say "wow!" Because I haven't, I just thought it would be a catchy title for the thread. This thread pertains to AU stories that have "Nightmare" type characters that aren't usually seen. I myself am working on a Nightmare AU story that's a bit outside the norm, and the prologue is a little short so I need to finish up the first actual chapter, which I'm still having some trouble writing for some reason. The reason why I started the whole project was a number of things, but the biggest one is my opinion that the Nightmare is an underutilized mechanic/character in stories, especially fan fiction.

In the meantime, feel free to talk about Nightmare stories you've found that are a bit outside the norm and explain how are either good or bad. Or just tell us about some ideas for a Nightmare themed story you're having trouble getting off the ground.

My idea of the Nigh̡tmare is similar to the concept of the alien symbiote. It's a being of darkness that needs a host, and it grants that host's deepest desire. Just in a slightly twisted way.

I wrote this story with that idea, and the sequels kinda died out in my google drive. But this story had a nigh̡tmare that retained similar qualities.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2