The Dresden Fillies 214 members · 27 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Greetings all!

I go by the handle of digiman619 and I wanted to introduce myself. I kinda got here (and by " how I got here" I mean "How I became a brony") via Chengar Qordath's "My Little Denarians". You see, I was (and still am) a big fan of the books. I was on TVTropes and goofing off in the middle of what the would call a Wiki Walk (going from page to page in a crazy chain) when I got to the Armor Piercing Question entry. There, under "fanfiction" was a mention of the above story.

Now you must understand that while I vaguely knew who these characters were, I'd never really watched the show. Granted, it was only feasible recently, but it was "that popular cartoon" as far as I was concerned. But the strangeness that entry described, Harry in the Star Wars universe, Evil Rarity wielding a lightsaber, was too intriguing to ignore. So I read it and was flabbergasted by how closely the author managed to make his Harry feel to being canon!Harry. I then looked into other crossovers and got the awesome Dresden Fillies series, and from there I was drawn to other fics and eventually to the show itself.

And I am glad I did so! While some episodes work better than others, I've enjoyed most of the show and derived works I've seen. I hope that by joining this group I can continue to find interesting stuff and good times involving this unlikely combination.

Welcome to the community!

Speaking of Dresdon....
https://www.fimfiction.net/story/235720/dark-horse-a-five-score-tale-from-the-dresden-files
has its next chapter written and the author is having his editors checking it out right now.

There's also "Horse Feathers" by the same author above. Though on Hiatus until Dark Horse is finished I recommend checking the rest of his stuff out. They're still pretty damn good.
Iron Gate is ok, but the author hasn't updated in two years. And I spent all that effort drawing up a cover page too.

I read "Iron Gate", but felt meh about it; Rashid just isn't as interesting a Harry, and a lot of The Gatekeeper's charms lie in his mystery, so a story from his perspective is inherently in danger of falling flat.

Also, the Dresden-is-really-Fluttershy 'fic is updating? Aewsome! That was quite the cliffhanger it stopped on!

Comment posted by X Stone1 deleted Aug 10th, 2016

5415985 Two groups i recomend checking out are the Lunaverse and The Hasbroverse.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7