Fallout Equestria: World 1,105 members · 1,180 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Have it's apocalyptic setting be inspired by the S.T.A.L.K.E.R video games and the book that inspired the games, Roadside Picnic instead of Fallout. Expect a lot people running around in hoodies, balaclavas, smgs and gasmasks.

Something about portraying EqG Canterlot City in the human World as being within an Chernobyl-esque or Fukushima-esque exclusion zone created after a cataclysmic surge of equestrian magic ripped through the area (this can be magic from a balefire megaspell or it leaked in faster and faster until it came through in uncontrollable torrents and surges), damaging buildings and infrastructure causing physical and meteorological phenomena to manifest across Canterlot City and the surrounding area and towns near it. In addition to introducing flora and fauna/monsters/mythical creatures from the pony world into the Human world, this surge of magic also transformed the existing plants,animal, and even Humans. Many of them possessing aggressive magical abilities and properties.

The event that results in the formation of the Canterlot exclusion zone as well as events similar to it in subsequent years would be know as a "crossover" and is visually similar to the emissions/blowouts in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise and would be a phenomena in which for a brief moment, the boundary between equestria and the human world thins and for several moments, both lands are merged together followed by a release of equestrian magic into the human world as well as other things such as flora and fauna.

The first crossover occurred right during the Great War in the equestrian world. The rifts allowing a surge of balefire magic to enter the human world and tear through Canterlot and the surrounding Area.

something like a more apocalyptic version of the rifts from Friendship Games except bigger and more violent:

And they would bring with them fauna bigger, more exotic, and far more dangerous than a jackalope

And Hostile Flora as dangerous as those killer vines:

Plenty of reasons for the governemnt to quarantine the area in an exclusion zone.

The Event also opened up small rifts into Equestria and other strange phenomena and anomalies: hazardous entities which seemingly defy physics, having various effects on any object entering them (notably dogs, one being given the ability to speak and another transformed into a dragon-like creature).

The entire Exclusion zone is littered with various equestrian artifacts. Each of them possessing their own unique magical abilities and properties as well as different functions. The Areas they are often found in being the most radically altered by the influx of equestrian magic.

During this event, the immense damage to the infrastructure, the sudden emergence of vicious plants and animal life as well as hostile magical phenomena sparked widespread panic and mass hysteria and led to the breakdown of Society within the zone, the surviving populace forming into different factions based on whatever physical deformities they had. All with differing philosophies. Many centered around the artifacts scattered across the Zone.

Due tot he localized nature of the event, the Government maintains a Quarantine around the Exclusion zone and is a largely restricted area unless special permission is granted. despite believing that whatever things happening in the Zone could be a danger to the public and the rest of the world in General, they are curious of the nature of this so-called "magic" and conduct research and make observations of the happenings occuring in the region. This line of thinking was also the reason why the population of Canterlot and the inhabitants of the surrounding area were not evacuated and left quarantined in the Zone as they had been "Contaminated" and have begun to exhibit magical abilities as well as physiological changes to their bodies such as animal-like features (depending on the race of the equestrian counterpart of the human). From time to time, Supplies are dropped over the region for the inhabitants living in the affected area.

In contrast with the Equestrian Wasteland, the Canterlot Exclusion zone is an overgrown landscape as the magic altered much of the surrounding forest. Giving them the magical properties of the Everfree forest, causing them to rapidly spread and consume large portions of Canterlot City and other towns in the process. engulfing many areas of the city in a dense layer of hostile forest inhabited by equally hostile monsters. Making it seeming look as if the place as been abandoned for more than thirty years when only a few years have elapsed. In some places, the geography of the land was also altered by the effects of the surge, resulting in the formation of many strange and bizarre geological or geographical phenomena and landmarks.

trying to make the EqG setting be the opposite of fallout equestria wasteland. Though this zone is notably bigger than the fukushima and chernobyl zones and extends all the way to the coastline (seen in some eqg specials and shorts).

Barren and bombed out > Overgrown and abandoned.

World encompassing apocalyptic setting > localized apocalyptic exclusion zone.

Besides Isn't it that Canterlot city is a condensed version of Equestria anyhow?

his setting can also open up and address all the moral and ethical concerns that come with Equestrian magic in the human world. And concern and worry of Humanity harnessing Equestrian Magic as a tool of wat and essentially destroy themselves with it. Especially since in this case, instead of one or a few equestrian artifacts, it's a lot of equestrian artifacts strewn across the land and ripe for the taking.

On the subject of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

"А ну чики брики и в дамки!"

This is a really good idea. I can see a fic that pulls this off successfully can easily get 500 likes and continue to grow.

i am surprised that up until now, this hasn't come across anyone's mind.

I mean given the usual shtick in every EqG movie and special is about Equestrian Artifacts and magic leaking into the human world as well as the fact that Canterlot City in EqG is basically a condensed and scaled down version of Equestria. the Stalker premise makes sense.

I know right? I've had a vague idea like that in the past, though it was before long equestria girls even was announced. The premise is pretty much the same. A portal is made in the everfree, magic leaks in and on earth a magic zone is made in the USA, Covers in in over east half of Washington some of northern east Oregon, all of idaho and montana with a chunk of wyoming. Everything in that area is considered contaminated with magic and everything that lives in there is now imbued with magic. Gaining powers are rare, but having various mutations and physical bodily changes are very common with all life forms in the zone, plant matter included. And since the area is contained and ungovern, lawlessness turns to forming factions in the zone with all kinds of apocalyptic american jazz. But mostly factions are formed with certain mutants such as the reapers, one of the main characters. They are skinny and well, look like feral ghouls from Fallout 3

Except for the eyes and teeth, they like any eyes but they can still see, even more clearly then they were before.

Anyways, It was back at that time i was terrible and this kind of story need like 10-15 chapters dedicated to a group of survivors before anyone of them met the ponies and thus I gave up. Maybe if I finish the work I already have published I'll go on to writing that next.

my version of the exclusion zone is smaller though it also is locate dint he pacific northwest.

Which? something based around my concept or your concept?

I think both have their pros and cons. To be honest, it been years since I last thought of that particular story idea, so I bet if you going to go with one of the two, do yours. I do like your idea, defulto boyo.

I'm keeping this idea open to others but this is just one of many ways to portray the human world in the Fallout equestria universe.

However i find it ideal since i want it's setting to serve as the opposite of the Equestrian wasteland.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8