IDW MLP Comics 280 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

In all honesty, I believe that if Hasbro and IDW really wanted to show that Friendship isn’t limited to just Equestria, then they should’ve come up with some other way of doing that instead of going with the whole other Tree and Elements of Harmony gig.

The move as a whole showcases both a lack of originality and lazy writing.

Anyone thinking similar thoughts around here?

I like it, myself. The traits found in the Elements of Harmony can be held by many.

In essence, they may as well use this as a way of showing how influential Equestria has become since its inception: after all, I can understand that people come to this channel for the ponies but they stay for the stories because of how inspiring things have become; of course, I do see a series of problems with the lack of creativity so to speak.

Although I haven't seen the comics in their entirety, I still see the potential more deserving of being reached rather than capped off by petty biases and the like: as a fanfic writer, I see myself as someone who likes nothing more than to hitch a wagon to a star whenever I finish a story, no matter the outcome so long as it's done, especially on schedule.

Nevertheless, I'm wary of both the corporatist and cancel cultures taking the front seat as well as the wheel: considering that five years was enough to see the lies, cheats, theft, murder, destruction, and betrayal becoming the norm, I've had it with their worst traits being shown as a result of the tactless scripts being repeated over and over again.

So out of curiosity how many more trees and elements of harmony are there now?

I also like that idea as well seeing other creatures and ponies can also represent the element of harmonies

I kinda like the idea

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7