Guns of Equestria 191 members · 111 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

I am thinking about shoving a section at the end of one of my fics so I can write a section that has been bugging me about a character of mine. In it, the character will be human/ anthros with human features and some magic abilities. What I am asking here, though, is what guns you would suggest.

THe character is like a spy, He is basically like a former KGB intelligence officer who defected to do the wetwork for the humanized equestria's government.

To cut the fluff, he carries 4 weapons with him now to suit different needs. All of which must be small and/or concealable within his coat or suit.

The roles of his weapons are this:
Primary: A silenced handgun to do the majority of the work, preferably more powerful than a 9mm, but not a 1911 type handgun. I was thinking of a silenced Makarov.

Defense: This is for the sole purpose of protecting himself. this is for when things go bad and his cover may have been blown. I was thinking of an automatic glock because he could draw it easy and spray the gun in the heat of combat. (I am thinking of something happens like he opens a door and his primary weapon stovepipes and somebody jumps him. He reaches into his jacket and pulls out his glock/ other gun and cocks and fires it in one swift motion.)

Range: I was thinking of having a weapon for taking out targets at a distance and then escaping or to snipe people. I was thinking of a bolt action handgun or a James Bond-ish From Russia With Love rifle.

Herring: a seemingly wimpy gun that would be legal under most concealed carry laws. The idea with the gun is that he could use this in the event that he needs it, but doesn't want to reveal his questionable hardware (like in a mugging). I was thinking of something like a P-11 or Ruger LCP or a Derringer from Doubletap Defense.

Feel free to give a suggestion. and if you do, please link to a pic or an article on the weapon.

2914323 This one would first like to apologize for being picky.

First of all, a Glock has no external hammer, so you cannot cock and fire it unless you pull the slide back and in the case of a quick go-to weapon, it's already got a round chambered.

With that out of the way, for the defense castigator, consider the Micro Uzi. Or, perhaps, a sawed off shotgun of some sort.

The words long range and concealable do not go hand in hand, but the words long range and transportable do. Consider some type of rifle that is easily broken down into pieces that can fit inside a suitcase.

And in the last case, even if it is legal, it can still be cool. Consider this.

~Am_Z

Alright. Your character is supposed to be a KGB agent. Remember, do your research. People will grind you A LOT harder if you are doing covert individuals and happen to mess up on detail. Research what weapons and tactics they use. Because one problem I see here, that as a KGB, would most likely never use a Glock. The Makrov, however is accurate. Well, it does seem you want pretty modern arms, so I'll do my best.

For Defense, I really do not know what you want. Submachine-Gun, Personal Defense Weapon, or Automatic Pistol. For the automatic pistol, handguns can be modified to be fired on full auto, but some cannot. Be weary. A PDW may be your best choice for Defensive fire, but it seems you want a quick-draw style defensive. Narrows down the options. So, small, lightweight, portable, and offers great multiple target defense. Well, here's the best contestants.

PP-2000
SR-2 Veresk
PP-91

Now, for range. Range can be well...any range. I would suggest maybe an Assault Rifle utilizing a Bipod, longer barrel, and a high-powered optic, or even a handgun with a scope, but people may not take too kindly to that. Well, that leaves us with a DMR (Designated Marksman Rifle), or a pure Sniper Rifle. And it's most likely gonna be Semi-auto and silent. Well, that leaves us with one contender.

VSS Vintorez

Here's a problem with your "Herring" weapons. THEY ARE ALL PRETTY MUCH AMERICAN.

Whew. Glad I got to you while I did.

If you are looking for a quick-draw, high conceal factor gun, then look no further than the...

PSM Pistol

Well, that's all I got for you. If you want me to name more, PM me. Don't ask me about technical things, producers, and history with the guns, I know very little of it.

Good luck with your story! I'll give it a look when it's published!

-ShadowFall

Sources: Wikipedia

Primary-

PB Pistol
It pretty much is a suppressed Makarov, except that it is specially designed with a suppressor in mind.

OTs-38 Stechkin silent revolver
For when stealth is of the utmost, and the sound of the brass hitting the floor is just as loud as the shot.

Defense-

Stechkin Automatic Pistol
Chosen because it shares the 9x18 with the Makarov, making ammunition simpler.

Range-

VSS Vintorez
It isn't as long ranged as some specialty precision weapons, but is suppressed and can be broken down and carried in a briefcase. Of course attempting to hide this under a suit might not work so well, but it is a thought.

TP-82
A somewhat odd suggestion, but the TP-82's design as a cosmonaut survival pistol gives it a good amount of range at 200 meters. The two shotgun barrels above makes it a somewhat bulky firearm, but the stock is also a machete.

Kel-Tec PLR-16 5.56mm Semi-Auto Pistol
A 5.56x45 "handgun" is accurate at 100 yards, can accept 5.56 STANAG magazines, and is barely small enough that it can be covered by a suit.

Herring-

Pretty much any civilian handgun should be good. Take your choice. But as said above, revolvers don't eject cartridges, making evidence of a spy's presence much harder to find.

Nagant M1895
Chosen for its ability to be suppressed, and because it looks more normal than the OTs-38 above. Most civilian won't notice anything odd about the gun. An added plus is revolvers and other manually-operated firearms are usually subject to less harsher laws concerning firearms.

2914721 i just said cock because "work the slide" sounded dirtier.

2914757 its like a kgb agent, not exactly. The overall idea and background of him was what I used based on what I read of them. Its mainly to describe the ruthlessness of their reputation in comparison to like the CIA, who i think may work better because they are indirect and are less fatal in their methods.

2914323 This is going to come across as a bit harsh, but it's not meant that way. Nobody in their sane mind would carry 4 weapons at once. At most, 2 handguns and a knife, but that is pushing it. The rest I'll go through in order. Honestly, you are thinking with too many movies and too little reality. Sorry dude.

IF it were me, I'd be setup like:
-Sig 229 Tacops w/ Silencerco Osprey suppressor in hidden left jacket pocket. Easy access and all that.
Urban: Compact 9mm subgun: Micro Uzi/MAC/MP5K with suppressor mounted. Carried in briefcase or other business style attire. If needed on compact sling resting on small of back to hide profile, but highly undesirable.
Suburban: AR pattern rifle in 300AAC or or .458 Socom (depending on target) broken down into walmart/REI/common sporting backpack or tennis racket case. Suppressor already mounted
Rural: Will need more info to decide.
Common but inexpensive pocket knife like the Kershaw Leek or Chive
Good flashlight ala Surefire 6P or similar
Water
Ammo
Map for E&E just in case.

1. Primary: Weapon in a globally standardized caliber, ie 9x19 or the comblock variation of it 9x18 Makarov. 9mm Luger is far more common though. Both can be found in a variety of loadings including subsonic, hollowpoint, etc. Easily suppressed and very quiet with the right load. In Europe, Sig Sauer is king. I'd vote for a P229 as lots of police carry that sidearm. Functions very well with a can on it.

2. Defense: Defer to #1. There is no need for a secondary handgun in this regard. The primary is capable of doing this already without the added weight and concealment issues. Full auto handguns are damn near useless up close, and the last think you want to do when being assaulted is go for another firearm. Too easy to be used against you. In case of a malfunction of some sort, a proper malf drill should only take 30 seconds (max) so it is a non issue.

3. Range: Again, something common and that is much harder. The point of carrying firearms like this is to make it even harder to identify where it came from in case of it being lost. There are too many variables to even suggest a firearm for this, as you would need to specify terrain, distance, what the target is expected to do, etc to create an ideal choice.

4. Herring: See #1. More questions are raised if you are carrying more than one firearm. Concealed means concealed. Drawing more attention is bad. One firearm in a proper holster can skirt notice easily. I carry my full size .357 fairly well everywhere, BUT nobody notices because I do it properly. The whole "mugging scenario" is nothing but Hollywood. Bodies attract attention. It is easier to carry a dump wallet with a small amount of cash and fake cards to hand over than hide a body.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8