Doom 344 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Well first of all, hello to the overall community. Yesterday Id Software showed new gameplay after Quakecon.

-Multiplayer monsters joining the main campaign. Prowlers.

-Extra firepower for the micro-missiles.

-The extra life function revealed.

-Mars obliterated.

-UNF is back.

-The Strogg enemy.

-The orbs that reset the dash usage.

In just 2:22 minutes we got another glimpse of what's coming in June. This is my theory: It seems the BFG 10k was shooting at Mars after the demonic corruption reached critical levels and a permanent portal was created. The massive hole at the core of the planet shows the damage caused by the weapon, or the demons went apeshit, captured Phobos too and the Slayer had to use a self-destruct button to obliterate the moon and part of Mars too.

The strogg enemy, this is my headcanon: This version of Earth is the one we get to see on Quake universe. Mankind all happy until the Strogg invaded our world. After years of war they expelled the aliens but leaving Earth on the brink of destruction. As the military wages the counter invasion, the UAC enters and explores Mars and found the Argent energy. The BFG10k seen in the Phobos gameplay reveal, is based on the original Big Gun from Stroggos after humanity wins the war against the Strogg. Instead of firing EMPs, this BFG uses Argent energy. After the Slayer got teleported at the end of DOOM (plot twist, he's currently in fimfiction), the demons found about the Strogg and salvaged whatever they could and added them to their armies.

So they salvaged this model from the cancelled Quake 4 expansion, very nice detail from Id Software. And for last, what do you think of the incoming google stream service gameplay.

Nice to join you and working on a translation of a fic to bring it here soon.

After seeing the video multiple times, yes guys, Phobos was destroyed. I'm starting to believe my second theory is the one that will become reality. The demons reaching corruption at critical levels and welp, the BFG10k had to annihilate the moon and Mars.

👌👌👌

I also hear Doomguy making pain noises when you get hit.
Hopefully this doesn't mean he's suddenly fully voiced now, but he just makes pain grunts and no other sounds like the classic games.

Classic Mancubus, the UNF sounds when he's hurt. Guess the final detail would be showing his face and yeah, we have the whole Retro experience in all his glory. Also motherfucking Doomguy doesn't give a fuck about the vacuum of space. Guess the divine blessing is paying off since he's showing his biceps.

So far they have revealed, Argent D'Nur pre-destruction, Earth, Phobos and Mars. And there are still locations like the divine sanctuary in the concept art revealed in august.

We have yet to see in action the new chaingun, the argent sword and the new version of the BFG.

Am I the only one whos kinda miffed about the fact that its been 7 months since the gameplay trailer and this is all we've seen of Doom: eternal?
Not that i'm complaining but, idk a release date would be nice.

The Bethesda E3 conference of this year, it's main event is Doom Eternal. Which means, they're gonna release the final date alongside the Stadia port.
Everyone who's a fan of Doom has survived 7 months, 3 more we can endure it.

My survival guide is reading the Doom fics here while i'm translating mine to upload it here. Also, for masochists like myselt, i'm playing Chillax with PB3. At this rate i rather get Russian Overkill.

That was my observation regarding the vacuum of space. He literally doesn't give a crap about it, even though the skin of his arms is at the open, so guess we can start adding "gives the middle finger to the vacuum of space" to the list of his abilities. Although, I wonder what that means in regard to the biological state of his skin and most importantly, can he survive without his helmet in space?

The only clue related could be the Seraphim's blessing. Besides superhuman strength and speed, the human needs like sleep, eat, breath and anything else became irrelevant. Headcanons like he doesn't need "insert anything else" with the gameplay on space is starting to become canon.

Also don't forget they probably gonna reveal more of the Doom Universe.

Reviving my thread. I brought you this.

The full Doom Eternal Conference on Stadia. 40:19 where the gameplay begins.

I will post later more stuff revealed on Slayers webpage.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10