Into the Black 323 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Welp...now that the others have shown what they have to offer so far, I think it's time for me to do the same. I would like to thank Shiro for the opportunity to do this. Hopefully the rest of the story will be very good as well! Comments and criticisms accepted.

Also, I would like to thank those who asked to be editors for Chasing Rainbows, I will get to you with actual chapters as soon as I can.

So now I am happy to present, Rainbow's first ever Race in the ZeroG League!

---------------------------------

“HELLO everybody! This is ZeroGHusky here and welcome back to some more BRONZE LEAGUE HEROS! Where we watch the best of the worst here at the ZeroG League! I am joined today by my good pal here, TotalV!”

“Ah yes, it is great to be here commenting on what might be the most hilarious experience here at the League.”

“Now, before we watch the replay, is there anything insight you might want to bring here, seeing that you were just Bronze League Heros material only a month ago?”

“Well, the best thing I can say at this point is to expect anything to happen. I am ranked Gold at the moment, and I still see some cheese here and there, as well as some crazy builds for the racers. We’ll just have to see who the competitors are.”

“Thank you for your insight here TotalV, and now it time to MEET OUR COMPETITORS!”

“Seriously, do you have to shout that lou-?”

“-And the first competitor we have today is XenoKilla, a Anvian from the world of Ar’via, playing with a more attack based build for his suit.”

“Oh yes, I remember this build quite well. If properly used, you can win against any other type, making it incredibly overpowered.”

“However, only if used properly, as the weapons require a lot of energy that can be used for boosting.”

“Hmm yes. Quite true.”

“It seems that XenoKilla is also going for intimidation here as well, seeing his name and the custom design for his suit.”

“I honestly doubt that it will actually do anything, but we’ll just have to see.”

“And the next racer is going to be...CRASHERRR! A Korg from the planet of Kar’ Sheba, and somewhat known for his expertise during the XGrav League a couple of years ago, being at the top of his game. Hopefully, the new rules will be no difficulty for him. ”

“Well, it looks like he is going for a defense based build on his cruiser, which, while reducing his agility and top speed, can deflect most attacks from the other competitors.”

“Personally, this is my favorite build for these sort of races.”

“Oh really?”

“Yep, it can protect you from almost any attack that your competitors can throw at you.”

“Well then, our next competitor is the one called...wait...hold on a moment.”

“What is it TotalV?

““Well well well. Husky, I believe we have our first Equestrain to join the races! No pun intended.

“Really now? Well? What’s her name?”

“According to her profile, she is the one called Rainbow Dash from the world of Avol.”

“Wait. THE Rainbow Dash is racing with us today?”

“Yes, yes she is. Rumor has it that she is actually best friends with one named Twilight Sparkle.”

“You mean the one who turned the tide towards the Alliance versus the Dratalli?”

“The very same. There is also much rumor that she is the fastest equestrian from their world.”

“Well, we might not know much about her, but it is clear that she is the first Equestrian to join us in the ZeroG League! GL HF to you madam”

“GL. HF.”

“And it appears that she is going for a speed based build for her jetbike.”

“Well, almost all players start out with the speed and then go on to something else, however something tells me that Rainbow will be sticking to her han-er excuse me “hooves” and keeping with the speed.”

“Well, that is an interesting tidbit you had there.”

“From coming out of the bronze rank a month ago? I can say that I remember a lot of speeders in the races.”

“And with the race set to the Mountains Sector, we begin the race at the Cliffhanger track.”

“The racers are gearing up, all are ready to go, and *hack!”

“Are you okay there Husky?”

“*cough* Ye-*cough* Yeah, I’m fine. Just swallowed some spit in excitement.”

“.......You might want that checked on.”

“Yeah, I should, but then I would not be casting this video of BRONZE LEAGUE HEROS!!!”

“Well, going back to the action, the racers are primed and ready to go, the countdown has started.”

A metallic-like voice initiates its countdown procedure, as it has for thousands of races before, with monotone and a slight echo.

-3-

-2-

-1-

-Go-

“And the racers are off, with Rainbow Dash having a slight lead into first place, but with Crasher following close behind, and XenoKilla for third.

“Ah yes, the speed builds are almost always first place at first, but the real question is whether she can maintain that lead.”

“Very true TotalV, but it looks like Crasher is coming up from behind, using RD’s inexperience to his full advantage.”

“Now what he should do is to use his initial boost to speed past RD and go into first.”

“However, it looks like he is going for the brawl!”

“Well, with his body mass, I can’t say I blame him, however RD might be able to avoid it if she notices. Does she? DOES SHE?”

“OOOOOHH! That looked like that hurt. Looks like Crasher lives up to his name and sends RD flying out to an uncontrollable skid.”

“And I don’t think she’s experienced enough to handle it. Can she recover? CAN SHE RECOVER!!? Looks like she did, but the other racers passed her as well, forcing her into last place.”

“Well, that’s some Bronze League Action right here folks! PRO TIP OF THE DAY be aware of your surroundings, as they can have very bad consequences.”

“Very true, however as Rainbow has gone for a speed based build, she is still in the race, that is if she activates her speci- oh it looks like she has already.”

“So with the racers heading towards the ravine, RD decides to use her Zupa Boost ability, which allows her to travel up to quadruple her acceleration and top speed.”

“And while the other racers use the boost pad provided to them for this jump, RD decides to forgo that in favor of the Zupa Boost.”

“However, if she overshoots, she will go careening off the side of the mountain. She drives up the ramp.....aannnnnnnnd.....ooh, nice couple of tricks up there, annnnnnnnnnd...SHE STICKS THE LANDING! UNBELIEVABLE!

“Well Husky, I will say that much of what happens in Bronze league is utterly insane and very clutch. Perfectly describes Rainbow Dash here.”

“Ah, I see.”

“In any case, it looks like that around the final bend of the track it comes down to Xenokilla, who masterfully took the lead away from Crasher, and Rainbow Dash, the luckiest pony from Equestria, for taking first.”

Over the speakers, Rainbow Dash’s and Xenokilla’s conversation played.

“Hah, you think you can beat me? Even if you have wings, I doubt you know how to use them!” Xenokilla taunted.

“Oh yeah? Prove it!” Rainbow Dash challenged.

“With pleasure,” a smirking Xenokilla said, and maneuvered her arms and legs to a battle stance.

“What the he-OWWW!” Rainbow screamed.

“Yeouch! That’s gotta hurt,” Husky commented, “Xenokilla, while doing a trick, managed to pound one of her wheels into Rainbow Dash’s back. That will definitely hurt tomorrow.”

“Ah, I remember those days,” TotalV reminisced, “All the early attack bikes and suits would physically attack the racers themselves before learning that it’s kinda against the rules. Strange that the ref didn’t call the foul though.”

“Well, I’ve watched a lot of Bronze League Game, and the refs there barely call any fouls,” Husky stated, “And it looks like Xenokilla is the winner, with a bruised Rainbow Dash in second, followed by Crasher in third.”

TotalV just stared at the scene before him. “I’ll have to say, Rainbow Dash did very well for her first time out, but she needs more experience.”

“True true TotalV,” stated Husky, “So that’s the end of another Bronze League Heroes!”

“My name is TotalV”

“And I’m ZeroGHusky! I’ll see you guys next time!”

blazikenking
Group Contributor

RD's bike could use an upgrade, like being able to turn into a mini-mech. The part of the bike just above the front wheel would be a good part to turn into hands with the arms connecting from the underside. Having the arms and hands up towards the front would allow for better turning assistance by reaching out to grab something or dragging on the ground. If I had a picture of her bike, I could probably figure out a transformation.

1338043 - interesting theory. I'll have to think about it.

1339850 - Thanks for the vote of confidence! Hopefully the actual story will come out soon!

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Ahhhhhhh, okay then. You've kept this pretty close to the chest. Cool scene. Here's something you might want to look up for inspiration if you hit a dry spell. It's a show that premiered on Cartoon Network while Toonami was still running. It's called IGPX, otherwise known as the Immortal Grand Prix.

1343045 - *sigh* so much nostalgia here. Makes me wish that cartoons were made like that nowadays.
I'll have to take a look at the actual episodes for ideas, but thanks!

blazikenking
Group Contributor

1342016 It could be a new bike that Dash gets at some point for some reason.

1346299 - maybe. I'll have to think about it.

Journeyman
Group Contributor

Perhaps she gets a new manager? "Hey, ride for me and you get this bike."

1348592 - huh....that might work.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10