Apple Bloom is Best Pony 931 members · 1,692 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
hawthornbunny
Group Admin

Tennyson's Time by Not Worthy

This is both a sweet and sad story which I found very enjoyable. For those of you who run for the mountains when you see the word 'Tragedy', don't worry; it's a well-written, well-paced short story that explores Apple Bloom dealing with the fact that life is sometimes harsh and unfair. The overall setting (a storm on Sweet Apple Acres) is, if you'll excuse the pun, quite atmospheric as well - I've always felt a great deal of empathy for vulnerable characters in extreme weather situations like this.

This is also, I would say, a good Apple Bloom story too, because it plays to her strengths. We've noted in our Apple Bloom analysis that a key AB characteristic is determination, and this story shows her going above and beyond the call of duty to protect something that matters dearly to her. It also plays to her strengths as an earth pony, showing the result of years of nurture that only a pony connected with the earth can provide.

Overall, this is a great story that won't take you long to read, so give it a try if you're in the mood for something sad. :)

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Oh, you know, I did read that and totally agree with you on it. Though I would have liked to see her plant a branch cutting at the end.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2