Official OC Group 464 members · 1,482 stories
Comments ( 18 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 18

So I have a story idea, involving Ahuizotl and Mable (Mane-iac's true identity) who are trying to steal some magical relics from some of the other villains in Maretropolis. As you can guess by this title, I am looking for an OC that can fit this role.

While only one of these characters will be chosen, there will be an "audition" chapter, so I will probably feature 3-4 others. Of course, you will be credited for your characters.

Rules:
-The character must be either a pony or a griffin.
-They can have superpowers so long as: A) They are balanced, B) you include the origin for how they received their powers.
-You need to include a backstory for your character (feel free to use this to explain the origin of their power).
-They must have a quirk.
-What is their reason for wanting to work for the Mane-iac?

Well, there is that. Have a good day.

They must have a quirk

My Hero Academia intensifies

7203432 I mean that there has to be some drawback to them (totally forgot that MHA's abilities were referred to as Quirks).

Huh, Never expected this but I'll give it a shot

OC Info
Name: Coalstone

Race: Earth Pony (I have reference images if you need them)

Superpowers: In addition to having incredible strength even by Earth Pony standards and a skull that he can use like a sledge hammer/Battering Ram, Coalstone's main ability is being able animate statues, mainly stone statues he creates himself and (Optional here if it makes too overpowered) the ability to fire beams from his eyes that turn what they hit into stone.

Weaknesses: While he can animate statues, he can't just create them instantaneously, he needs to actually make them by hoof and while he is a skilled craftsman he often has to prepare statues before hand in order to animate them for battle. His stone beams in addition only petrify living things and can easily be blocked with magic shields, walls, trees, pretty much anything. Also, more of a personality weakness but Coalstone is very protective of his statues and the more of them that are destroyed the angrier he gets which can cause him to recklessly charge in and destroy nearly everything in his path, almost to the point of being blinded, not helped by the corrupting magic that constantly influences his mind.

Backstory: As a child/foal Coalstone had difficulty forming friends, at first simply because he had limited social skills and later because of his preferred hobby of carving various monsters such as gargoyles and dragons out of stone. He developed this hobby early in life when in a moment of frustration of his constant isolation he smash a series of holes into the side of a rock that reassembled a face, and as a way to make himself feel better started talk to the rock as if it was alive. While he knew it wasn't sentient having something to talk to helped make him feel somewhat better and this eventually developed into his special talent, carving more intricate statues with a heavy preference towards macabre imagery. However, while his skills improved his social skills remained poor and not helped by many finding him either scary, off putting or just unpleasant to be around, which only served to fuel his growing anger. Yet for a time he managed to stay calm by continuing to talk to his now more well designed statues, yet his desire for true companionship only grew with each year. However, he had since grown bitter due to the constant rejection by others and instead wished that his works of stone, which had been his only companions for so long, were alive so he could truly call them his friends.

Eventually this desire turned into a reality, as one day while searching for new carving materials, he found a small green stone, somewhat like an emerald, but once he picked it up he felt himself filled with a strange power he'd never felt before. In truth this fragment was a piece of an ancient and evil unicorn sorcerer who once tried to conqueror all of Equestria but was bested ages ago and had his body turned to crystal and shattered, scattered across the world. The fragment in question contained traces of his dark magic and was fueled by emotions and strong desires. It felt Coalstone's desire loud and clear and imbued him with this power to his great joy. However, many learned of this power and some knew of it's source and sought to take it away from him.

Coalstone, both bitter over his years of rejection and the corrupting influence of the dark magic in the jewel lashed out against those who would steal it from him, raising his army of stone beasts to his aid but was forced to flee and take refuge in the Mountains, yet continued to make more stone beasts, waiting for the day when he could act.

Why does he work for Mane-Iac: Coalstone's thanks in part to the dark magic within him only desires to keep it so that he can continue to bring life to his statues which he sees as his only true friends and thus is more than willing to help anyone who will ensure no one will ever try to take the magic away from him ever again.

I can add more detail if you need it. Just let me know.

Dannnnnnnng that's a rad OC!!! Really really good balanced powers, excellent character motivation.... Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!!

Sorry I read it and absolutely couldn't help but comment. Such a great character :twilightsmile:

Thanks, it's a modified version of the actual backstory I have for him but I'm pretty proud of the work I did for him. Actually was based on a previous character I created but tweaked and modified for here.

:trollestia:
Oh and 7203442's OC better get the slot

...You have no idea how happy you saying that makes me.

7203442 A reference image/sheet would be great.

I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the petrifying eye lasers but I do like the idea of a pony that can animate and control statues that he makes himself. I will definitely be considering this character. :pinkiesmile:

That's why I said the eye laser is optional. But I appreciate it.

7203551 I should probably mention that I like to think that the Power Ponies universe (and thus Maretropolis) are in a different universe from Equestria. Not that that is a big problem.

Yeah I figured as much and I'm cool with that.

Here's his mark

General idea of how he looks, though in truth he's much bigger and much bulkier in terms of build thanks to having much more muscle.

https://www.deviantart.com/nightmaremaster000/art/Test-of-Strength-539881864

And this is him after he's been influenced by magic.

Comment posted by The Fan Without a Face deleted Apr 26th, 2020

7203735 Interesting. Out of curiosity, how would Coalstone feel about make a statue to serve as a trojan (carrying a small party member into a secure area), with the potential possibility of animating it later?

He wouldn't be crazy about it, but would be willing to if the need arose. Also important to note that his statues do have the properties they are designed with like if they have wings they can fly

I thought I would do an update. Originally I was thinking of just using one villain sidekick, however after some thinking, I think it might be kind of fun to have a new guest sidekick for each relic heist (there will be at least three), to keep things feeling new and fresh.

So if any of your were wanting to submit a Maretropolis/Power Pony themed villainous sidekick to join Mable (the Mane-iac) and Ahuizotl, but weren't able to prior, feel free to make one here.

Have fun. :pinkiesmile:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 18