Adopt a Human 1,688 members · 272 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

I am currently writing a Crossover with one of my favorite comic strips of all time, Dick Tracy. One of the major events that happens in the first few chapters is Dick getting orphaned after his father is shot in front of him and him getting adopted by a younger Fancy Pants 10 years before the start of show.

My question is would this fic kinda count as a adopt a human fic if the childhood segments only last a few chapters and if most of their interactions take place when Tracy is a grown man?

Plus, Tracy gets his own son and the Mane Six and other characters kinda become a big extend family for the boy, who was also a orphan forced to steal for a brutish man named "Steve The Tramp", a criminal who trained orphans to steal for him, though this isn't exactly adopt a human.

Nixworld drew this btw, I just commissioned it

I'm sure it would count, I've read some Adopt a Human fics where a human is adopted as a child and their childhood is only a few chapters, like The Monster of Canterlot.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. What do you think of the idea of Fancy Pants being a Father figure?

He is human and Fancy pants adopted him so it is an adopt a human fic.

I like it, he's a nice stallion.

Pretty much yep and agreed

Wait monster of canterlot can you link the story to me please

Tracy's whole adoption arc is both similar and different to Toby and Chris. Different in that Toby lost his mom and his dad hated him and Chris was accidentally separated from his. Here's basically what happened to Dick's dad

https://youtu.be/TOcuvwAqojc

Yes, Dick's nightmares are horrifying, even as a adult.

I loved it
I haven't read any last updates adopting a human.

Comment posted by Sparrow_34 deleted Jul 12th, 2022

Now I'm wondering how good of a Dad Fancy could be.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16