RariTwi, Rarilight, Twilight x Rarity 1,113 members · 476 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13
Monochromatic
Group Admin

In the year 2017, a singular call went forth to the world. A rallying cry, a summons to writers near and far. To fulfill a wondrous dream. To fulfill a desperate need. To champion the two of the greatest leaders known to all the world.

One, ascending from the depths of dust and forgotten memories, to become a princess of the force that binds us together.

The other, the very definition of design, class and elegance and become one of the foremost minds of the brilliance of creation.

And the wonders these amazing creatures can do together.

Today, the RariTwi Fandom sends out this great challenge. Do you have the generosity and magic to

Today, the RariTwi Fandom sends out this great challenge. Do you have the generosity and magic to answer?

W E L C O M E T O T H E 2 0 1 7
R A R I T W I C O N T E S T

Hiiiiii, everyone!

As shown by that exquisite introduction, I am FINALLY kicking off the RariTwi contest I've said I'd do for fifty years BECAUSE WE'RE STARVED FOR CONTENT. We're sure it'll be a challenging and fabulouuuuus challenge for all you darling writers out there.

The prompt is interwoven colours and all the possibilities that entails.

Some examples could be: Rarity decides that rainbows really could use another colour palette, so Twilight has to stop her from getting Rainbow to do something about that. // Twilight wants to date Rarity but WHAT IF THEY'RE NOT RIGHT FOR EACH OTHER and decides that obviously the fact that their color schemes match so well means it'll probably work. // Rarity's working on a colorful dress and Twilight ruins it somehow.

The prompt can be interpreted in a wide variety of ways, but essentially, think either something with colors or something that fits together (seamlessly or not). Feel free to bounce ideas in the comments!

Beyond that, all we care for is that Rarity and Twilight MUST BE the mane characters.

Rules for contest:

1. It cannot be a fiction already uploaded to fimfiction or another site. We desperately want new stuff for this. BE CREATIVE! RARITY WOULD DEMAND IT. DEMAND IT!!!!!!!!

2. The story must be complete by the time the contest has ended, because we all dislike incomplete stories, and no, how dare you, I am not being a hypocrite.

3. Proofreaders are encouraged. The easier your story is to read, the better the reaction from the judges.

4. Try to keep it below ten thousand words or fewer.

5. Please keep it teen rated or lower.

6. When you finish your story, please be sure to post a link to the story HERE, mention the contest in the story description, and please add it to the gorgeous brand-new folder for the contest HERE.

7. The DEADLINE is 11:59 PM EST on Friday the 26th of May 2017.

8. Put your heart into it.

9. Did I steal a lot of this from FOME's contest? You betch your boots, Coco. (I'm sorry, ilu)

And now for THE PRIZES taken from RARITY'S FABULOUS CHEST OF WONDERS that has been CERTIFIED by Princess Twilight Sparkleā„¢...

3rd PRIZE wins a meticulously summoned magical* $10 Amazon gift card. *may not contain any actual magic :twilightsmile:

2nd PRIZE wins a slimming* $15 Amazon gift card. *you already look fabulous, darling :raritystarry:

1st PRIZE wins an AWESOME* $20 Amazon gift card. *Rainbow Dash approved :rainbowkiss:

And finally, THE MONOCHROMATIC MENTION OF HONOR* wins a $5 Amazon Gift card. *whatever makes me squee and/or cry the hardest :yay:

AND NOW FOR THE JUDGES.

Novel-Idea / Swan Song / Cursori / NebulaNyx / and the TOUGHEST judge if only because she's seen it all...

Monochromatic.

We will be taking into account basic writing quality, creativity regarding the prompt, but what honestly really matters is that you have fun with it. It'll show.

So, with that said, may the RariLight illuminate your path!

Banner art by Selective-Yellow, and banner design by Novel-Idea.

5909506 Oh boy, I had already written a short story when the contest was still just numbered with no prompt - oops, I guess?:facehoof: Maybe I'll find time to take off from the epic horse saga I've been writing to work on some RariTwi better suited to the contest... I've had a couple of ideas for a RariTwi story...

Monochromatic
Group Admin

Aaaah the thing is I never actually started the contest D: I was just toying with the idea...

5909508 Yeaaaah... Hence why it looks as though I'll have to cook up some fresh RariTwi if I do enter.

5909506 Hmmmmm, temptiiiiiiiing.

Oh dear, Swan Song is a judge, I pity those who do not reach those lofty shipping standards.
There's a Judge, Jury and Executioner joke there somewhere, but I'm not going to attempt it.

5909506 Screw it, I'm in. COME AT ME!

I for one will be wait to read them all,

Sorry, I don't really understand this prompt.
Interwoven colours? What am I supposed to do with that and what kind of restrictions does it entail?
I just don't know what I'm supposed to do with it.
Could someone give me an example?

Monochromatic
Group Admin

Hi!

Some examples could be: Rarity decides that rainbows really could use another colour palette, so Twilight has to stop her from getting Rainbow to do something about that. // Twilight wants to date Rarity but is too self-conscious about it because WHAT IF THEY'RE NOT RIGHT FOR EACH OTHER and decides that obviously the fact that their color schemes match so well means it'll probably work. // Rarity's working on a colorful dress and Twilight ruins it somehow.

The prompt can be interpreted in a wide variety of ways, but essentially, think either something with colors or something that fits together (seamlessly or not).

Now see, my interpretation of that would be exploring how their lives intertwine as their relationship grows.
How would they adjust to each others lifestyle interrupting their own? What sort of activities would their relationship be based on?
How would their lives weave together like their tails?
That sort of thing.

Hmm I did really enjoy my first crack at a raritwi fic, maybe it's time to take another swing at it...I'll have to think of a good premise where I can still make it excessively silly

Comment posted by Eclipse Moonshine deleted Feb 13th, 2018
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13