Life in Manehattan 362 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

So it seems that it's been while since the last story was uploaded, and I'm over here about a decade late to the party with flowers in my hand and a broken heart.

I could just alleviate my pain by exploring other AU's and reading fics about Trixie and Orange Sherbet which are my two best pony picks for the Manehattanverse, and I do plan to do that eventually, but I wanted to at least share my ideas for a possible episode here which is the main topic of this post.

Anyway, "Mother Shows Best". Amazing episode. Has some flaws, but it got me to really, really like Trixie as well as make me very interested in any future episodes involving the Lulamoons. And so first off, here's some ideas about a possible episode with Trixie and her mother.

Picture this: Trixie receives a letter. It's Moonlight saying how she's finally gotten the time to visit her own daughter in Manehattan. Trixie freaks out then intro starts.

Cut to friends telling Trixie to chill out and reminding her that she and her mother are now in good terms. Trixie still worries about making sure that Moonlight's visit goes well. Friends offer to help of course.

Fast forward. Moonlight finally arrives dressed in typical noble outing attire aka very fancy-schmancy "I'm a matriarch, don't mess with me" fit. Trixie nervously greets her with Moonlight now at least trying to show her love for her daughter by smiling very conservatively or something.

The two get Moonlight settled in the Orange Hotel and then move on with what Trixie and her friends have planned for them. Maybe a tour of the many shopping districts of Manehattan, a visit at the museum, a show at a theatre, and then a fancy dinner courtesy of Auntie and the rest.

Oh, but of course.

No plan survives first contact with the enemy.

Hilarity most definitely ensues, and things go wrong as the mother-daughter duo progress thought their day. A lot of jokes and slapstick comedy in typical mlp fashion (with even a few ones directed at Moonlight to show that the mare can be surprised and her ironclad demeanor can sometimes be broken).

Eventually, the story reaches it's lowest point, and Trixie breaks down. Moonlight looks for her daughter, and the two proceed to have an intimate conversation which ends in a tearful and cathartic release of the emotional baggage between them addressing how Moonlight seriously fucked up for much of Trixie's life.

The next day comes. Moonlight has to leave, the gang bids her goodbye, Trixie says a final farewell to her mother, and a lesson was learned.

The end.

Anyway, I have another idea for a Lulamoon episode. This time, Trixie and her friends are visiting the Lulamoon estate, and Trixie's family stresses over making the visit go smoothly as they struggle to understand Manehattan culture and sensibilities. Hilarity ensues of course.

Unfortunately, I don't have any details whatsoever yet other than the idea that there should definitely be slapstick of Checker (she's perfect for it lol), so I'll just have to post about it another time.

Both of those sound like pretty good ideas. And the second idea can actually take place a couple of months before the second season finale, with some references to Twilight and Spike being elsewhere for most of the "episode" helping Shining Armor and Cadance prepare for their wedding (at least a month before Chrysalis foalnaps and replaces Cadance), so the focus would mostly be on the REST of the Manehattan Six.

On the same token, there could be something in Season Two (very shortly after the battle with Discord) that has Trixie helping Twilight out after the latter realizes just how badly she messed up with her Canterlot friends (meaning "Amending Fences" basically happens three seasons early in this universe with Trixie in Pinkie's role).

Anyway, glad to see some activity in this site again, even if only briefly.

Both of the episode ideas for these are SO cool! Would be awesome to see someone male stories of these. This series is great and the fact it's been quiet for so long is disappointing.

Alright, more ideas. This time, I actually have a title: "Checker's Gambit".

Episode starts with some commotion in the Lulamoon estate. They're already preparing for the Manehattan Six's visit to Canterlot for some important Elements of Harmony business (or maybe mostly just Twilight business) where they would be staying at the Lulamoons' for a few days. However, Silver Platter is on an errand, Starshine is preoccupied in his hobby room as always, and Moonlight will unfortunately be busy for a while, so Checker - eager to prove that she is worthy of her role as steward and the brand new heiress of the House of Lulamoon - is pretty much put solely in charge of hosting Trixie and her friends.

With her amazing skills and natural talents, what could possibly go wrong?

After the intro theme, we cut immediately to the Manehattan Six settling in to their room/s. There's some wacky stuff with Spike and mountains of luggage, some sisterly banter between Trixie and Checker, and then some fancy supper. So far so good.

However, we're then introduced to a little magical project that Checker has been working on that has silently escaped from her room while the girls ate their meals.

The next day, most of the girls leave to attend business in Canterlot while Trixie, Spike, Blossomforth, and Octavia stay at home with Checker. At this point, the story splits in two. You've got the main story involving Checker, Trixie, and Blossomforth where Checker struggles to understand Manehattan sensibilities as she entertains her guests while you've got the side story where Spike and Octavia run into problems with Checker's runaway magic project as Checker tries to wrangle the damn thing on top of all her other duties.

You might have noticed by now that this story is focused on Checker instead of the Lulamoons as a whole because I've decided to change my original idea from last post to this. However, Checker won't be alone in comically missing the point of Manehattan-style fun as there would be a running gag where Moonlight stops her work at designated points of the day and checks in on the girls and Spike with increasingly hilarious results as the culture clash gets weirder, the magic project gets bolder, and the problems intensify.

Anyway, throughout the whole thing, there's a lot of gags, witty remarks, slapstick, and maybe even some off-color jokes that slips under the radar in typical mlp fashion, and eventually, things come to a head. The problems become too much and the two plotlines literally crash into each other into a pile of ponies, a baby dragon, and an annoying little magic project which escapes yet again.

Up until this point, Trixie was pretty much oblivious to the antics of the other plotline concerning the rampaging magic as she was occupied with some other thing she was doing with Blossomforth in the mansion, and so when a frustrated Checker still wanting to prove herself as the best host ever while juggling an impossible amount of tasks is questioned about this by her sister as well as why Checker never bothered to ask for help from the others, Trixie is only met with an unintentionally harsh response in the heat of the moment.

Checker is too prideful and stubborn to admit defeat and ask for help, and it doesn't help that Trixie is fairly prideful and stubborn herself. The two sisters argue, but luckily, they just so happen to be right in front of Starshine's room. The stallion of the house marches out of the door having finished his latest whatever and demands to know what's going on.

The squabbling siblings make up with the help of some surprisingly wise words from their old stallion, and the two are reinvigorated to fix everything up before the others come back.

After a chase scene and a musical montage, everything gets fixed, and the next day, Twilight and the others sadly announce that they have to cut their visit short. However, a lesson is learned and Trixie and her sister Checker become closer because of it. The end.

Wow. This one is a bit longer than the last. Anyway, the two episode ideas I've posted so far are all I've got for now, but I may have a seedling of an idea for an Orange Sherbet episode. I don't know. We'll see in the future, I guess, but until then, farewell!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4