Life in Manehattan 362 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

Sorry this one's a little late. I've had a busy few days.

I'm thinking about opening some retroactive canon proposals, as well, going back to the start of the series. What do you think? Anyway, just reading the synopsis for this next episode strains my suspension of disbelief, so... I'll let you guys sort that part out.

When Applejack and Rainbow Dash discover that Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie are the two best Buckball players from Ponyville, the former pair agrees to train the latter.

So here we go. Get your headcanons ready and let's see some BUCKBALL!

Some are claiming that Little Strongheart gets to have a significant appearance again... since Season One, she's only had a cameo at the beginning of Pinkie Pride waaaay off in the background...

So, just to check... are you positing the idea that Little Strongheart is a buckball player for canon?

The events of Appleloosa seem far enough removed from Manehattan that she could be a buckball player in this AU regardless of what ends up being show canon. It would certainly be a way of introducing her to the Manehattan Six without rehashing Over a Barrel.

Also, other Buffalo buckball players would be huge...

Well, so much for the rumors about Little Stongheart making an appearance... still, I don't begrudge Snails one bit, even if they do play up his thickheadedness a bit too much... I've had a soft spot for him for a while even if most of his character development is Lunaverse related.

I never did understand why it was OK for Snails to be over-exaggerated as slow and stupid, but putting Derpy in similar situations was cruel and intolerant... put Snails in Derpy's place during The Last Roundup, and what do you have? A similar character with a horn instead of wings.

I found it amusing that buckball turned out to be the pony equivalent of competitive bending.

RK_Striker_JK_5
Group Contributor

5465632 Yeah, agreed on all counts. He seemed a bit thick... but was damned good at TK.

5469532 Oh, yeah. Just about everyone I've seen have compared it to that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7