Life in Manehattan 362 members · 19 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Now, I don't have the time and energy to write these story ideas myself, but if anybody likes the ideas enough, they CAN do the ideas themselves.

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished: Auntie, Octavia, Trixie and Twilight all head for the new night club known as the Copa Coltbana (Octavia and Trixie are both performing at the club [Octavia for music, Trixie for a magic show]; Auntie and Twilight are just guests) for the evening. However, when Twilight steps in against a minotaur gangster harassing an aspiring young showmare and her bartender coltfriend, she runs into real trouble. Not from the gangster (she defeats HIM pretty easily with a combination of cleverness and telekinesis), but from the overly grateful bartender and the insanely jealous showmare. (and NO, this is NOT a ship fic, before anybody thinks that. It just happens to be very, VERY loosely inspired by the classic song "Copacabana". As a matter of fact, it's a complete inversion of ship fic clichés.).

The Movie Biz (set in Season 2; sometime after the battle with Discord): Shortly after they helped defeat the god of Chaos, the Manehattan Six get invited to be consultants in an upcoming sci-fi comedy-adventure film about six unorthodox mares who become professional paranormal investigators and save the world from a powerful supernatural menace. Will this opportunity go to Trixie's head? Most likely.

Admittedly, I can't think of much more beyond that, but maybe somebody who likes one or more of the ideas enough to adopt them CAN think of enough details to fill in the blanks.

On the other hand, if nobody likes these ideas, I will profusely apologize for wasting everybody's time.

5313655 MLP Ghostbusters? Sounds interesting, I shall consider.

5313820 Thanks for considering it. I DO appreciate that.

Good to see some activity from this group again! I'm not a writer myself, but I'd be interested in reading whatever y'all come up with!

5314002 Thanks, and believe me, I DO understand.

Hey there. Just thought of another possible couple of partial ideas that I would like to put up for adoption to anybody who likes the idea enough to try to expand upon it:

"Making A Brand New Start Of It": The author's choice of one or more of the Manehattan Six ends up helping out a talented young singer with the potential to go VERY far (author's choice of singers)

Plus a story somewhat based on "Slice of Life" in that it focuses on what some of the background characters are doing when the Manehattan Six are dealing with a monster or major villain.

Anybody who wants to do one of these ideas is more than welcome to.

The Movie Biz (set in Season 2; sometime after the battle with Discord): Shortly after they helped defeat the god of Chaos, the Manehattan Six get invited to be consultants in an upcoming sci-fi comedy-adventure film about six unorthodox mares who become professional paranormal investigators and save the world from a powerful supernatural menace. Will this opportunity go to Trixie's head? Most likely.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I've been busy lately. I actually have a somewhat similar idea planned, right down to the same time frame. My idea is more focused on Auntie Orange and Trixie, though: Auntie unexpectedly becomes a movie star when an up-and-coming Applewood director comes to Manehattan to scout locations for his movie. While Trixie desperately tries to grab some spotlight for herself, it's slowly becoming apparent that Redwood may not be altogether the most... stable director.

5429161 Okay. Thanks for the heads up on that. And I'm sorry for unintentionally having so similar an idea.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8