Miss Harshwhinny is Best Pony 397 members · 94 stories
Comments ( 68 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 68
Skywriter
Group Admin

What the hell, Sweetie? Are you actually proposing a competing con? Bad form.

I bet your con won't have horses available for kissing.

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Oh, it's not competing. It'll be on a different day and at a different location then yours. Whatever day and place yours ends up as. Beings are perfectly welcome to attend both. Though obviously a number of them aren't welcome at yours.

And there will be at least half a dozen Sweetie Belles there, and I happen to know at least one of them is, in fact, planning on running a kissing booth, so there will be ponies available for kissing at our con.

--future, future Sweetie Belle

Skywriter
Group Admin

Yeah, well... well... my con is gonna have a swimming pool!

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

You've got me there. No swimming pool at HarshFutureCon.

Of course, a section of the con will be completely submerged for aquatic life forms, and it will be possible to go swimming there, but that's not quite the same thing. Poseidon is running that section of the con, as I recall.

Thanks for totally deep-sixing the mood, dude.

Skywriter
Group Admin

So I woke up this morning and imagine how horrified I was when I see that some of my comments have been retroactively edited to contain the words "freaks of nature" and stuff like that. Guys, this is a first-year con and I'm really trying to be open and welcoming to all humans and AI's and talking dinosaurs and time-travelers and alternate-universe doppelgängers alike.

I would not say such horrible and racist things while trying to create a spirit of goodwill. The only option I can think of: the mod is going back and editing my posts. Skywriter, explain yourself.

Skywriter
Group Admin

...but Skywriter is a totally incompetent mod. He hasn't even figured out how to lock a thread despite the buttons being right there. How would he have the capacity to retroactively edit posts?

Skywriter
Group Admin

Skywriter is right, Skywriter. It wasn't me. The only thing I can think of...

...is...

OUR OLD, COMPETENT MODERATOR IS BACK, WORKING FROM THE SHADOWS TRYING TO BRING DOWN HARSHCON BY SPREADING MALICIOUS LIES.

Skywriter
Group Admin

What, Skywriter?!? I thought BeowulfGate finished him off for good.

Skywriter
Group Admin

I got as far as "our old, competent moderator is back" before I quit reading and broke open the champagne.

Skywriter
Group Admin

This is serious, Skywriter! Skywriter has returned, and he's trying to destroy the group! Like Alpha! From "Dollhouse"!

Skywriter
Group Admin

Dude, you watch "Dollhouse"?

horizon
Group Contributor

Maybe there's a simpler explanation — like there's actually a Future!Skywriter out there who mugged Slightly-Future!Horizon and stole the talking dinosaur's time travel device to return to the present and mess with you, incidentally stranding Horizon and the two Sweeties together for 14 years in the Saharan Arcology.

It's just Occam's Razor: don't introduce unnecessary entities unnecessarily. Clearly an explanation involving only (future) yourself is the most parsimonious one (as opposed to assuming an unrelated being with malicious intentions).

horizon
Group Contributor

Does this mean Old Competent Moderator Skywriter is going to start his own con as well? Oh, yikes, that would suck. I can only afford one of the two conventions.

horizon
Group Contributor

882931 Don't you mean "One of the three"? There's 880406's FutureHarshCon, too.

horizon
Group Contributor

The thing is, since time travel is required to reach FutureHarshCon, all I have to do to afford it is deposit a penny in a savings account and then withdraw it for convention expenses after several thousand years of compound interest. The other HarshCons I'd have to afford now.

… hmm. Unless I attend FutureHarshCon first, and save a little extra so I can pay for present HarshCon when I come back. 880430, will your HarshCon accept United Federation of Galaxies yenchits (ca. 6600 AD) as legal tender for registration?

horizon
Group Contributor

"Dollhouse"? What's that, the "Equestrian Girls" Cutie Mark Crusaders spinoff?

SweetAI Belle
Group Contributor

Yes, that is, in fact, the standard means of paying for HarshFutureCon. One of the many advantages of setting it in the far future.

Also, due to the wide range of attendees, it is quite possible to convert currency while at HarshFutureCon. Do make sure you specify what era any currency you receive should be and a cut off date. Trying to spend money with a future date on it is no fun at all.

Oh, and since some people having been asking outside of the forums, the Sweetie Belle setting up the kissing booth is in fact over 18, and is biological, not digital. She's visiting from one of the fanfiction-based worlds we were able to access, though I didn't catch which one.

Her world's Apple Bloom and Scootaloo will be attending with her, though it's still unclear whether they would be helping with the booth or not.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 68