The Jazzy Fillyfoolers 245 members · 202 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
The Princess Rarity
Group Contributor

To be honest, I don't get the ship. Really. I mean, I like it and all, they're cute together and everything, the fics and art is nice, but I just don't get it. I want to come full-circle and ship them together, but I. Just. Can't. Is there some amazing fanfic I'm supposed to read, like how Octavia & Scratch have with "The Snow on Her Cheek", "My Roommate is a Vampire", "The Vinyl Scratch Tapes", etc.? Do they have those for Lyra & Bonnie, and I'm just too lazy to go look for them? Or is it just a thing you gotta have a human obsessed unicorn and a candymaker? Is that it?

Man, I'm just bored and contemplating weird shit; so this popped in my brain. Anyone got answers?

Terrasora
Group Contributor

Isn't it because they were always together early in the series? And then the fandom took hold and boom, Lyra x Bon-Bon

Syvvak
Group Admin

They really don't have many for LyraBon. Stability is one of the best I have read (and I have read a LOT). I have read other good ones, but I can't really remember names and since they got rid of the read/unread search tags, I can't find them as easily.

I have always thought of them as a more toned-down OctaScratch.

And yes, they are often next to each other because the storyboard artist or something like that found that their colors were good near each other but didn't steal attention.

SlightlyOnline
Group Contributor

Oh wow. Thanks!

And yes. They are basically a more tame Octavia and Vinyl, which can be nice.

Syvvak
Group Admin

815011>>814990
I have read both of those. There was another one about one of the two getting married (can't remember which) and the other having feelings and not telling till the wedding day... yeah.

But a lot of fics come in latter in the relationship. Maybe Lyra changed BonBon from he bitchyness. Or maybe she had a fight with Lyra each time it showed her (I like the former more).

psp7master
Group Contributor

Stability.

I've honestly started to get a little tired of LyraBon showing up in every story, whether they have a reason for being there or not. Yes, Snow on her Cheek used them to give Octy and Vinyl's relationship a push, but most of the time they seem tacked on. They're usually just a couple of lesbian ponies, as if that would be shocking to anyone here.

I feel the same way, over all, about Doctor Whooves references. If it's not a full-on crossover, just... don't. Stop it.

In addition, I dislike how everyone assumes Lyra's special talent is playing the lyre. A cutie mark is a symbol related to one's special talent in some way, but rarely a direct pictogram. Flutters isn't a lepidopterist, Dash doesn't make rainbow lightening, Twilight Sparkle isn't an astronomer, Pinkie doesn't sell balloons, and Rarity is neither a geologist, miner, nor jeweler. AJ is the only mane six pony who's cutie mark is a picture of their special talent.

I like to think Lyra's a poet or lyricist.

Syvvak
Group Admin

You, my friend, have given me a new perspective of Lyra. Even on her card that came with the blind bag thing or her trading card it doesn't say it. The blind bag said "She loves singing" and the trading card said... other stuff. Maybe she does poetry while playing her lyre.

Syvvak
Group Admin

I just read it. It is out. I NEED MORE!!

815328 It's amazing how fast "conventional wisdom" solidifies in the fandom around here, isn't it?

Syvvak
Group Admin

Yeah. But at least it isn't something way overblown or anything. But it hasn't been told so it could be true.

Terrasora
Group Contributor

Hmmmm... Lyra as a bard... I have to write this down

SlightlyOnline
Group Contributor

It's so nice of you guys to say that. :twilightsheepish:

Syvvak
Group Admin

Brah, that is how she is in my MLP D&D team: Lyra - Bard, Octavia - Paladin, Doctor Whooves - Rogue, Bon-Bon - Cleric, Derpy - I don't remember what I had her as. She is that extra character you can pick whatever you want, Vinyl - Wizard (specialized in Sonic) maybe with a Lvl or two of Rogue.

959291 Derpy: Monk. Behold the power of her building-shattering Ass Strike! :derpytongue2:

:twilightblush:too soon?

EDIT: I just realized I'm dropping them into a current project as "Background Lesbian Ponies #1 and #2"

Syvvak
Group Admin

I like Derpy as a monk. Very nice. Thanks for filling the blank.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20