Ponies aren't Monsters 267 members · 110 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Hiya everybody, I am Celestia's Paladin founder and supreme ruler of this group. Please come and introduce your self and your reasons for joining.

A bit late, but better late than never, right? Anyway:

Hi, I'm La Vallett1, currently studying as a Pharmacy Technician, I became a brony from a MMORPG clan forums when I read a thread about mlp in February a year ago, and my favourite pony is Twilight Sparkle. I joined this group because I grew sick and tired on making ponies immediate enemies and spiteful to other races, especially humans. Yes, not all humans are bastards, but neither are ponies!

To make this group more active, I'll participate.

I'm Kizuna, I'm a student and currently getting training to be a public accountant. I've been a MLP: FiM fan since last year. Favorite ponies are Pinkie, Fluttershy and Vinyl Scratch.

Decided to join this group because aside from my personal hatred of the "Humans are Bastards" trope, as well was being a member of the Humans Aren't Bastards group, I also couldn't stand the other extreme of ponies being colored up as racist/species-ist a-holes towards humans/gryphons/dragons/changelings/etc. While they're nowhere near as innocent and childish as previous generations, the ponies are far from being bastards themselves, despite their own flaws.

Howdy-ily-doodly neighbors! I'm a weirdo that's been watching ponies since I was thiiiis tall, starting with the first generation. I spend most of my time lurking about, but that doesn't mean I don't have things to say. Within the fandom, I'm mostly known for two things: my error reports and pre-reading, and also for being the occasional trollish jerkpile. I think I'm done with that second part, though.

The reason that I'm joining this group is because I think the view of ponies as categorically inferior or bad-natured is quickly becoming the dominant view on fimfiction. I believe a couple of groups are actively pushing this view, and I'm tiring rather quickly of it. It has grown increasingly tiring to see, and it isn't based on the series but some people's hang-ups, prejudices, and some kind of weird fetish with... "balance", I suppose?

As a fan of cartoons, I watch some of the G1 mlp, went on to watch other stuff, and came back to it when I heard of the great stuff going on with the show.

I've pretty much joined the group for the same reason Kizuna Tallis did. A lot of people seem convinced that Humans are monsters. And if they are not monsters, then its the PONIES that are the monsters.

I don't think either race is perfect, but neither of them are 'monsters'.

Also, I like Paladins.

But, but someone has to be the monster...:fluttershysad:

I choose the monsters. They can take that role.

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

We are a proud race with a history stretching back over ten thousand years. We have fallen many times in our long history but we always stood back up and reached farther than we did before. We have reached and touched the stars, stood upon the surface of the Moon and watched Earthrise, and we still have reached further and further. We have sought to answers to the very fundamentals of the world,

We are a race of dreamers and thinkers, artists and scientists. Yes there are those of us who are monsters, but they always fall and the rest of us always live.

1195296 Wow. I had no idea paladins had been through so much!

Celestias Paladin
Group Admin

Guess I'll take that as a compliment. I really do dislike fics that make humans to be monsters. While I haven't been through a lot, our race has.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11