Flitter and Cloudchaser Fans 501 members · 264 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21

What's your headcanon about these two, and their relationship with each other? I like to think of them as lesbian lovers, but that's mostly because I believe that the characters Vinyl and Octavia got popular because of shipping so Flitter and Cloudchaser will get popular that way as well.

As for their personalities, I used to see Cloudchaser as somepony who's really smart and would go on to be the one in charge of planning the weather. And Flitter was an aspiring Wonderbolt who was more physically fit than CC, but not as smart. Though after Cloudchaser's appearance in Wonderbolt Academy, now I see them both as aspiring Wonderbolts.

Lucky Seven
Group Admin

1465864 I think of them as sisters. I actually wrote a story featuring them as sisters for EquusStorm, too.

But they are very close, almost to the point of lovers.

They are virtually identical in coat and mane colour. The only differences between them are voices, hair styles and cutie marks. I'd say that's more than enough evidence to say they're twins. :applejackunsure:

Are you sure about that?

There's also the Apple Family, but I dunno if there's a good picture of all four of them.

This is pretty much why I never thought of them as sisters.

I go with the twin theory.

About that sister's thing, I was pretty close to what you thought. Like, they just looked like friends to me. Of course, people claimed they were sisters since they look similar. But since most ponies are carbon-copies of each other, it didn't make much sense to me. Of course, after everyone pounding that sister's fact down, I eventually just ran with it, I guess they're sisters to me now. Doesn't matter to me though, whatever works when someone's doing fan-stuff's about that.

Also, I've always imagined that Cloudchaser was more of a track-girl. Mid-dist events like 800, 1500, plus high-jump. Mentioned that she wrecked cross-fits in this fic I wrote, which has since been nuked. I really don't understand why, but I've always assumed she was that way. Pretty much balanced in athletics. Easy-going, playful.

As for Flitter, I thought she was more of a long-distance fellow, like >21k's. Possibly naive, definitely idealistic, and by no means an inversion to her sister/friend/lesbian lover/etc.

Does your headcannon have Flitter doing weather-work as well as Cloudchaser? I've always pinned down Cloudchaser (THE NAME BRO) to have that profession, but for Flitter, pretty much anything applies.

Well, the Enterplay trading card says that they're Rumble's foalsitters. But I guess you could argue that it isn't canon though.

You'd you nuke the fic? I liked that fic!

My head canon was always that they were always sisters. I'd I probably keep it that way. Cloudchaster is the sporty one while Flitter is the fun one.

I was thinking more along the lines of a profession. I would have assumed the foalsitting just be done out of friendship and bro-ness. Rumble and Thunderlane pop up quite a bit whenever the sisters are mentioned though.

Also, that card has Roid Rage on it, so it has to be canon because Roid Rage. In any case, I haven't paid attention to those cards. Didn't know they'd give background ponies any of their own cards, so that's pretty cool.

Oh yeah, I remember you from a few months ago, hello! Anyway, I did that because while I loved the idea of a sports-drama, I think it was kind of a letdown with my writing skills (of lack thereof). In essence, I got rid of it because I could have done it a thousand times better. I might start it up again, all better-like.

I actually see them the opposite you do. I always saw CC as the more physically fit one aspiring to be a wonderbolt even before the Wonderbolts Academy. and well both have shown that they're not super smart. I put both of them on average level inteligence, with Flitter perhaps being more booksy. I see them as sisters. not twins though, I always saw CC as being slightly older than Flitter. I also prefer to ship CC with Thunderlane, I don't really ship Flitter with anyone. I see CC as confident and loud, the red to Flitter's calm shyer blue. that's not to say I think Flitter's a shy pony, I think she's just less open, keeps a bit more to herself but she is a bouncy happy pony. yeah those are my thought on them

I see CC as confident and loud, the red to Flitter's calm shyer blue.

TvTropes, am I right?

My bad, I was thinking along the lines of this. Since I don't often hear of people using colours and such that way. Always thought Cloudchaser was more "red" though.

1470952 ooohh, ok I gotcha ya. hmm whata you know, those tv rope things look interesting, might wanna read a few more later :twilightsmile:
oh well, in English class we were discussing the psychology of colors and I'm taking an AP psych class so describing them by colors was the best way I could express how I think of them. yeah I always saw her as her as the most out going. besides that even as a kid I always saw blue as a passive and serene color so I always associated it with calm personalities and the like, while red meant a firey personality, someone with confidence and wasn't afraid to show their stuff

EquusStorm
Group Admin

I always liked to think of them as sisters, but that's just me. Maybe because I like to think that if I were in Equestria, I wouldn't have a chance with either of them if they were, well, you know. XD

Comment posted by Starlight Shadow deleted Dec 13th, 2013

I think they're twin sisters.

Sisters. Isn't that canon? Or at the very least commonly accepted? If not, I could just have them be "good friends".

In my story, Flitter is actually a changeling that was living incognito among ponies. :twilightsmile:
Although technically, Cloudchaser doesn't feature in the story. If they're not sisters, that makes it simpler.

Cloudchaser is the older sister by 10 months.

This is pretty much my headcanon too.

Thread necroing much XD
But cool! Someone shares my headcanon :)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21