The Three Stooges Fan-Club 89 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
A Man Undercover
Group Admin

So, I’m well aware that Besser wasn’t one of the most popular members of the Stooges troupe. But, how interesting do you guys think it would’ve been if he was a member of the team for “Rumpus in the Harem”, “Hot Stuff”, “Scheming Schemers”, and “Commotion on the Ocean”? Particularly instead of Columbia going with the “Fake Shemp” move?

Personally, I myself wish that Besser was part of the troupe for those four shorts. They were relatively boring because of the excessive use of stock footage, and the real Shemp’s absence in the new footage was too painfully obvious to sit through. If Besser was part of the trio in those four shorts, they would’ve been deeply worth something.

I think when shemp died things kind of went downhill now don't get me wrong with Joe besser he was a pretty okay guy he just doesn't have the same charm as curly and shemp and probably they ran out of ideas of an applesauce so that's why they had to use like restock footage but all in all they did what they had to do

I think I've only ever heard of/seen one of those (Hot Fuzz).:rainbowhuh:

I'm clueless on this one; sorry.

A Man Undercover
Group Admin

It’s alright.

The actual name is “Hot Stuff”, but you were close there.

I love Joe Besser! Because in that short Rusty Romeos he actually outsmarted the villainess and managed to defeat her with a tack loaded machine gun to the butt.

My mistake; in that case, I'm completely clueless.

Side note: Hot Fuzz in stil;l awesome. :raritywink:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6