Equestria Divided 705 members · 52 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Here is a discussion idea, what would happen if the Princess came back, how would they retake Equestria?

5280133 Probably a lot of things all at once. House Moon and Stars would probably splinter into two with one side denying the return whikst the other half would join the Princesses on taking it back. Or try to anyways. Stormwing has nothing to really fight for at that point since the Princesses have returned so keeping a Military authority over Equestria until the Princesses have arrived has been achieved. House Whitegold would probably simply go back to their old ways, just under the rule of the Princesses. Those are simply ones I can picture vividly.

Outside of those, I'm unsure. I don't see AJ calling for Earthborn to step down once the Princesses arrive, simply due to their hatred of magic. If anything it'd probably make AJ angry that they left and allowed this to happen. The Tribes would simply do whatever furthers their goal of nature ruling supreme, though it might be a peaceful resolution I don't see it really happening. The Cult though, being the Cult, could have any actual reaction. The Laughing Mare very well could see the Princesses as a threat, or the Cult may just do as they normally do, just under the rule of the Princesses.

As for the Princesses themselves? They'd probably be beyond shocked, and possibly disgusted. Their kingdom torn asunder with varying ideas of new rule attempting to spread. They very well may end up gathering an army and knocking out each major faction and beat them into submission. The Elements will pay for their crimes, and the survivors will pick themselves back up and readjust to society.

Of course, I'm just barely getting into this subsection of the fandom, and this is all merely my estimations based on what little I've seen.

I agree with Tangisir.

I suppose it depends on what happened to them.

5280151 Well, for first - There is already a story out there that is exploring this possibility - The Divided Reunited, but I think it doesn't really handle the subject too well in mu opinion. But it's propably because it's a bit too character-based rather than show the global spectrum of things.

I think that if the Princesses returned they would show themsleves publicly and that would already let them take over 3 Houses from the start - M&S because they are worshipping alicorns yet the Sisters would punish them pretty hard due to rasism and slavery, so maybe the unicorn would try to revolt shortly after. Stormwing would accept the Princesses on the getgo, as they alway sticked to them and the Princesses alaways kept pegasi population protected. Whitegold would do what is smartest and transfer under Royal rule and get only minor punishments in a grand scale of things.

The other factions would just flatly go out to war. Earthborn belive the alicorns lied abaut keeping the day cykle going and that the ancient Earthborn were wiped out by Celestia as well, so they would just steamroll to the north. Granted, they have their backside protected from the Badland Changelings, which as see as the reason why Earthborn aren't just advancing north - they are busy fighting the bugs on their southern flank. House Everfree would propably continue to advance to Stormwing, Earthborn and Central Equestria territories, with only some individuals switching sides.The Cult would continue it's works, unless the Laughting Mare orders an Equestria-wide coming out of shadows in form of a crazy rebelion evrywhere or they would try to assansinate the Alicorns.

What I think would happen is that the Royal Sisters would be shocked and appalled at the land that their kingdom has become. There would be two sides as one would obviously side with the sisters (mostly Stormwing, Whitegold, and half of Moon and Star) in order to save themselves and earn their forgiveness back while the other side would be Everfree, Earthborn, and the Cult of Laughter fighting to maintain their ways.

As for why I think Moon and Star would split in half? The main reason is because some would want to earn the trust of the sisters back by renouncing all the Unicorn-Supremacy lies while the other would want to vainly try to justify their horrific deeds done in the name of the sisters.

The sisters would fight for every part of Equestria and would go to war with anyone who would oppose them like House Earthborn being the chief example due to their anti-magic views.

I swear to God, I remember someone doing a EQD AU fic on here that tells the story of the Princesses returning to a divided Equestria, and basically Celestia and Luna are justified of being pretty pissed off and seek out to try to restore order, and even explain why they disappeared in the first place.

I remembered reading it but I can remember what the name of the fic was. I thought it was going to be a promising AU fic for EQD since I wanted to see what Celestia and Luna would do to the Mane 6.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8