Authors Helping Authors 2,464 members · 8,633 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hi there guys!

People have found a lot of references in games, related with My Little Pony ( like Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, LoL, and list goes on ). However, I never found anything in serious books ( like, for example : Song of Ice and Fire or Harlan Coben's detective stories ).

Welp, I found one, and to make it even more hilarious, I found one in Polish book.

It's a "Poison" by Andrzej Pilipiuk. It's a set of short novels about Jakub Wędrowycz, one of the most famous character in Polish Fantasy.

Jakub Wędrowycz is the protagonist of a number of short stories by Andrzej Pilipiuk, a renowned Polish writer. Wędrowycz is an elderly alcoholic, moonshine producer, poacher, amateur exorcist and fighter against all sorts of supernatural forces dwelling around Wędrowycz's village, from the aliens to ancient demons and from Russian mafia to tax inspectors.

In shortcut, Polish version of Pinkie Pie. So, I found one particular funny line in story ( I translate it from Polish, so it's really bad translation ).

( before that happened, Jakub Wędrowycz casted a spell which withdrawed the entire village twenty years back into a communist reign ).
And here, for instant he came into the veritable pandemonium.

"Dad" - Mariolka bleated - "What is this?"

Father came into her room.

"So, what is this all about?" - he asked

"Because there where mine "My Little Pony", and instead there are some monsters..."

Entire story was hilarious enough, but this line made my day. Have you found anything more in other books?

vren55
Group Admin

621849 darn it would be awesome if I could find one, but haven't. :ajsleepy:

Iss it refering to generation 1, or to the current gen?

Are these stories translated to English or are they only available in Polish? Because they certainly look like something I'd love to read.

Well... I found another one! To give some more hilarity, same author!

There is a book called "2386 Steps" by Andrzej Pilipiuk. It has 12 short stories, and last one is called "Zone". In this one, a goverment representitive is sent to the all well known Chernobyl after one particular fail with atomic stuff. Heavily based on all "Stalker" writing. However, we got some pretty plot twist at very end. We meet mutant... horses and ponies. That can speak. And use shotgun. They kinda kidnap the main hero, because they seek some people that could introduce them into a normal life. They want in the end to create the civilisation that will make horse and humans equel. Story ends with this...

"So, will you help us?" - he asked.

"Well... I always liked horses..."

None of his stories are translated, mostly due to specify of Polish language.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5