Authors Helping Authors 2,463 members · 8,602 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14
vren55
Group Admin

So... it appears that in our group, there are some people who place their stories in our folders, but when they get reviewed, they don't give another one in return!

This is outrageous! And makes me annoyed... no... it makes me :twilightangry2:

May I remind all our members that when you joined, you have to abide by the rules on the front page, which means you have to review when given a review! This means you should:

Anyhow, because this is happening, I shall write a series of FAQ regarding this topic.

What if I am busy and cannot give a review back immediately?

Ask for a raincheck. Tell the reviewer you'll get onto it and place their story on your Read Later list and then do your best to review the story. If you REALLY REALLY REALLY cannot review their story because of the thing we know as real-life, then apologize to them and explain why. Don't just run away and do nothing! Be polite, be concise.

But I love this group... I don't want to leave if I am busy.

Don't then, stay in the group :pinkiehappy: but don't put your story in the folders.

Wait, my story isn't in a folder, but it got reviewed! What do I do?

Well... I thought I made it quite clear to members that you should not review stories not within the group folders. You're not obligated to counter-review that story. Though I would advise you tell that person first for politeness's sake.

So how long should I wait for the person to give me a counter-review?

Give it a week at most.

I don't want to nag though...

I don't see it as nagging, I call it cashing in a long overdue favor that they owe you because they agreed to the group rules.

What do I do if the person does not counter-review my story in a week's time?

Private message them, or post a reminder on their user page. A gentle reminder, preferably with your story's link. They might have just forgotten or are busy.

If they don't say anything after I have nagged them?

First, send them another reminder and wait for a bit. If they still don't get back to you... Well... what are your mods here for? We are here to make sure this group runs like clockwork. If you have sent a second reminder and nobody answers. For now, message any admin pronto with the link to your review (their story where you have reviewed)! They will quickly send a warning personally. If the reviewed still doesn't comply...

What will happen to those who do not review when reviewed despite reminders and warnings from admin?

I am in the process of thinking of punishments. Suffice it to say, for now I will nag them again and again. If they still don't respond... I might have to use more active punishments. Stories that they have posted might be removed. If I see that the user is still online, yet they still refuse to comply or answer our PMs:

*Looks to metaphorical chest and opens it to reveal a massive black hammer with spikes on the end, BAN etched on the head in the glyphs of Mordor.

Enough said.

On a lighter note, please check out the 200 Member Celebration Admin Death Battle post to suggest a setting where us admins can battle it out. That is all for tonight folks.

I won't post my only story on here until I can find the time to review one first. I feel it's a bit unfair for others if I didn't :p

vren55
Group Admin

673898 Exactly what you should be doing!

Problem is, trying to make a review on my phone is damn near impossible sometimes :/

vren55
Group Admin

673903 Same :pinkiesad2: I applaud you for your responsibility. Carry on!

Carryin' the bloody intel to do me bloody job...ugh I'm just a one eyed bloody monster *drunken gargling* :pinkiesick:

I figured whoever reviews mine, I'll just PM them asking which one of theirs (of similar length) would they like me to review.

Huh, I didn't know that was a rule. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I review or get reviewed. Thanx for the heads up.

Hingard
Group Admin

I'm just going to put this out here if you would like a review then please review one of my stories preferablemy guardian of the hearthfire and I will review yours within a day or two unless it extremely long then it might take me a little longer.

There was one review that took me a while to get to doing, but I did do it in the end. The worst part about it was that I had a nice, thought-out review, was a bout to post it, then my browser froze (that's what I get for having 276 tabs open at the same time.) Then it took me about another week or so to get time, but by then the story had even more chapters. :twilightoops: Still managed to get the review done though.:twilightsmile:
What if someone reviews your story, but they don't have anything published?

Hingard
Group Admin

676159 Then you don't have to do a review back, unless they ask you to review someone else's work. just make sure their in the group and the story is in the folder. but you should at least thank them.

If anyone reviews my story, I will make sure to review theirs, though it may take between 3 days and 2 weeks. If I still do not review your story, my apologies; it will take between 3 days and 2 weeks.

673892 I want to give reviews, but I sort of have a problem. I never read anything anove teen, but mostly everyone rated stories. If someone reviews me but the story they want me to review is a rating I don't read what should I do?

Now I will defend the guilty party here for a second. There is a possibility that the guilty party might have asked for the review, left and didn't notice that their story was reviewed. As a result they don't realize the dept they owe.

Now if on the other hand the review comes along and the guilty party says "thank you for the review" and doesn't return the favor or mentioned that they are going to work on a review in turn then they are indeed a jerk and must suffer the pain of the great and powerful BAN-HAMMER!!!!!!!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

But that is just my opinion on the matter. :derpytongue2:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14