World Of Tanks 58 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

What's your guys' favorite type of tanks to use and why? Your least favorite type of vehicle?

I generally prefer medium tanks for their mobility and their guns with decent damage and RoF. There's no sweeter satisfaction than flanking an enemy or using your superior mobility to drive circles around them whilst you put shot after shot into them.

I also like using heavy tanks and tank destroyers, although they both are tied for second in my book.

Artillery is my least favorite to play, since I don't have the patience for it. I just don't find it's gameplay stimulating for me, unless you just wreck everything with it. It's too slow. Pacing, set up, aim time, shell velocity, everything about artillery just doesn't suit my play style.

I for one personally like tank destroyers and high tier mediums. They are perfect for sniping across the map with enough accuracy to hit weak spots. Nothing better than killing an enemy and listening to him rage in chat about hacks.

Least favorite tank type, hmmm....
I would have to say the mid tier heavies, poor MM, can get penetrated by almost anything you come across, and not that much armor. For a heavy tank you expect a ton of armor right? This... I don't... I just can't explain why I dont like the armor, its just so... unbalanced.

If I had to pick a precise type of tank that I generally have the most fun with, it would be any mobile tank with a good mantlet and good gun depression. I.E. the M4A3E8, the Comet, the M4, Pershing, Centurion 7/1. When I'm in these tanks I generally feel that i have the most influence on a battle, that I'm able to take the most effective positions going over slopes and hull down where the mantlet can eat shots, respond to situations quick enough to help, and never feel totally outclassed in high tier battles.
The worst type of tank for me is either a high tier light tank or artillery. For the light tanks I understand how to play it now, it just wasn't the style I was expecting. I thought that I would be scouting, but when your range is as good or worse than most of the enemy's tanks and you are much weaker I learned that scouting usually kills you. I have a 13 90, and I usually just play that as a vulture, waiting for the enemy to be found and then killing low help or lone tanks.
Artillery is just horrid. That is all.

I generally do best with tanks that are forgiving for beginners. I happen to enjoy driving the A-20, although I will have to re-fit my tanks with the better gun.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4