The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 73 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 73
Razorbeam
Group Admin

If both duelists involved would kindly let me know that they are ready, this duel can begin. If one of the dueling parties does not report in (ready or otherwise) before Wednesday [1/9/2013], they will forfeit the match. If neither report in, both will forfeit.

Whether you are ready or not, please make it known in an ((OOC)) post here in this thread.

This duel was concluded [1/14/2013] with Corvus as the victor by majority vote.

"Huzah! Fight for the amusment of Trixie!" Trixie shouts as she realizes that the arena is completely vacant. "Maybe now is a good time for a nap."

((Go - Corvus!))

Mist wanders into the stadium a bit before the match is scheduled to start, and silently picks a spot to sit down.

You'd better make a fight out of this, Rorschach.

((Gosh darn it, Trixie. Made me get player and character mixed up. >_<))

601846 Trixie looks back to see Free holding the crude sign. She muses to herself, "Rorschach is fighting a dog? Now Trixie is really mad she didn't get in!" Trixie removes her wizard hat and conjures a small storm cloud, she aims for the sign but accidently hits Free in the back. "Whoops!" To cover her mistake Trixie puts her hat back on and cheers for Rorschach.

602100 "Show that beast what a unicorn can do!" Trixie shouts as loud as she can.

601643 ((:trollestia:))

602457 Trixie was thrown back a moment as she recapped what happened. Things when form 'oh crap' to 'bloody hell' to surprisingly okay. Trixie's stair jumps between Freeform's hoof and smile for a second or two before she extends her hoof to bump his. "your not the first Ponyville resident Trixie has meet in the last couple of weeks, though you seem to be the most willing to forgive."

Trixie looks around awkwardly, "Um... friends. Sure." Trixie turns her attention to the arena, "Who is this combatant that you are rooting for? Trixie has not seen a dog roaming around the city."

((SHIT SHIT SHIT. It's 2300 here. Does that count!? Sorry, work was long today. Off the rest of the week. Ready I guess xD))

((Oooh, so sorry....but by my clock, you were 5 minutes past midnight. And since my timezone is the one that matters, because I'm in it, I'm afraid you're totally disqualified. Better luck next time brah :trollestia:))

((And according to others, I had until midnight Wednesday to post. MATT LAUER CAN SUCK IT!))

Mist just smirked in the stands as her friend headed into the stadium.

Typical Rorschach.

As she saw him look in her direction, she waved a hoof in the air, hoping to catch his eye briefly.

"TEAR 'EM A NEW ONE, RORSCHACH!"

((Do I need judge approval to post my entrance? Razor hasn't officially opened this either, so I don't think we can actually fight yet.))

((You don't need review, because the fight hasn't started. Similarly, you can't start fighting yet, because the fight hasn't started.))

Tunnel Vision heard some explosions coming from inside the arena. *pomf*

"Those sounded... Magic based. Also, rhythmic. That was a song, probably. I'll have to ask, I suppose." He took wing, flying out of his waiting area and into the arena, waving madly at the crowd and tossing out fireworks the whole way. The fireworks spelled something in bright orange text.

MARRY ME, AURUS+AJ. Yes, even the comma.

Most of the changelings stopped making any noise at all, but a good portion of the crowd gave applause and a few wolf-whistles. Tunnel Vision risked a wink at the judges, tossing out two more fireworks.

YOU TOO, PRINCESSES! If he was going to die in this fight, he was crossing off 'Hit on all available royalty' from his bucket list.

A lot of the other races got silent at this point, but there was still a vocal minority to stave off that 'Creepy stalker awkward silence'. Tunnel blew the judges a kiss before coming in to land. He dropped two bombs just before he touched down, just far enough to be safe... Probably.

"Greetings, good unicorn! My name is Tunnel Vision." At this point, the bombs detonated, casting Tunnel in a dark silhouette as he bowed to Rorshach. "At your service." (Tunnel Vision. Miner. Chemist. Gentleman.) He came out of the bow sporting a monocle, sipping on his flask of tea.

"Do tell me, chap, what was that delightfully explosive beat you dropped earlier? It was quite pleasing to my ears, especially since I could still hear afterwords!" He leaned back against a rock with his legs crossed, waiting for A) His opponent's response, or B) The 5 way marriage ceremony at the judges' box.

604292 Trixie was startled by the sudden explosions by Rorschach, then even further deafened by the roaring of the spectators. "Headache, Trixie's old friend. You came back." Trixie mumbled under her breath.

Trixie waved to Rorschach, but she felt like she was lost in the sea of sport nuts around her, even with her trademark wizard hat and cape. She spotted a seat in the front row and teleported to it, still failing to get Rorschach attention she decided to that more advanced measures needed to be taken.

She looked up to the sky and summoned her magical powers, she built a large cloud as dark as night high above the stadium and forced a bolt of lighting to arch across the sky, allowing it's boom to add a deep bass sound to Rorschach's intro. "That should get his attention." Trixie let her magic fade and the cloud quickly dispersed, leaving Trixie a little winded.

605266 Trixie watched the display with curiosity. "Can't imagine Trixie's entrance being very different." Trixie lights her horn up again, and conjures a pair of ear muffs from the Stygian abyss to lighten the sounds. "You better be ready Rorschach, this bird is here to play hard." She says to herself, knowing no one can hear her.

((We're ready, btw <3))

Razorbeam
Group Admin

607776, 602100
((I am opening this duel. You may now fight one another. Please follow this link to see the list of judges.

You must conclude your duel, either by killing blow (judge's rule), forfeit, or voting decision. A vote will be held by default in the event that the duel is not completed by 12:00 a.m. [-5:00 GMT] on Saturday [1/12/2013].

Fight with honor!))

Aurus rose from his seat suddenly, drawing a hush over the crowd and ready combatants alike. His smile was one of excitement, and it was clear from the tone that ventured forth from his throat that he was just as eager as those in the stands who were barely repressing their words to hear him speak.

"It is clear that you are all excited to see this match, and I an right there with you! Lets not delay, and commence the battle, one which I am sure will be monumental. This duel between Rorschach and Tunnel Vision should not be taken lightly. Not now, or ever in the future, as this will be a moment of history to be remembered gloriously for ages to come!"

The crowd roared in excitement, stilling once more for Aurus' final words before the unleashing of this once-in-a-lifetime event.

"Begin the match!"

The deafening roars that followed drowned out the trailing of even his mighty voice, and any hope that the clash of steel or a blast of magic had to be heard.

((Suit is on, yes. You never know who has fire <3))

"Chicken? My good man, I am at LEAST duck. I can fly after all." Tunnel Vision put the flask away and replaced his monocle with his goggles. "And yes, Gryphons do indeed eat meat. I prefer a more herbivorous diet, raised by ponies and all. Not saying I don't eat meat, but meh... And frog is too stringy."

He gave his wings a small flap, shaking his head a bit. 'Gotta get hype! ... Wait...

"Out of curiosity, how do you know what those taste like?" Tunnel asked, finding the idea of a carnivorous pony to be decidedly creepy. Hypocrisy, ho! "Also, shall I start this fight, or shall you?"

((Herp a derp, who goes first :3))

((Approved a la Razorbeam))

Now Tunnel Vision was a tad creeped out. "I'll just, uh... No. Not really. I can't say that's weird because I've kinda had every other meat besides gryphon. And pony. It just doesn't sit well with me. Besides, my tenance in Equestria would probably be cut short if I did." Tunnel reached into his bombs, selected a generic 'boom' bomb, and struck the fuse with his fingers. ((Unless stated otherwise, all bomb fuses will last long enough to detonate during your reaction phase. That'll make it easier for the judges what with all the decisions they make.))

"I do apologize for the loud noises that are about to follow." With that, he tossed the bomb at Rorschach. "Sorry for the simplicity, too. But hey, go with what you know, right?"

((If Tunnel Vision were a human would he look like this?
))

((Now that I've seen that? YES.))

((Approved by Chainlinc3))

REACTION

Tunnel Vision wasn't a mage, and he knew he was a few grains short of a charge. Therefore he assumed the voices were his own mind. 'Competing. I hope not... No. Run away? Maybe we can get along, voices. Besides, I really would like to keep all my feathers.

"Celestia knows how many I've burnt off already. No need to risk more to the crazy cannibal pony, right? Haha..." Tunnel Vision decided he didn't really like his opponent. He didn't DISLIKE the pony, but he sure didn't like him.

ACTION

Strangely enough, Tunnel decided to listen to one of the voices' suggestions; he took to the air. He flew back a few meters and landed atop a nearby spire of rock.

"Now I know what you're thinking 'Flight? Hardly fair!' But I really would prefer to stay whole and ungobbled. And no, I haven't heard of those rebellions. Since you brought it up I'll assume you're about to regale me with a story of amoral actions and blood galore... If the conversation's current pattern is anything to go by. Just remember, there are children watching. PG-13 iffin it pleases ya, lad.” Giggle at the ghosty~

((Assuming TV's int won't notice the spell.))

613307 Trixie had to ponder over Rorschach's magic use. "What kind of mind-fuck spell* is he using. We have got to trade notes after the battle."

((* translation-illusory magic.))

613632 ((Sorry :trollestia:))
((Your right, it is slow. Trixie thinks your winning though. If mental damage was worth HP loss then he would be dead.))

((Thinking about it, what if this is a strategy tast is using to win. Do a little damage than be AFK until the time runs out. it's underhanded, but Trixie would do it.))

((There, there. Here have a photo Trixie sent to memebase.))
(())

613712 ((You still have 23 1/2 hours to go, or maybe it ended a half hour ago, it's hard to tell the way Razor worded it. Either way your clock is slow by three hours according to the -5:00 time zone.))

613712 ((Here is a map to help illustrate.
))

608218 ((Is the DM awake? Maybe you can shed some light on our topic. Is this battle already over or does it end in 23 hours?))

((Post approved by? I know it was me, but you still need to say it in the post, otherwise confusion arises. AND THEN CHAOS. :pinkiegasp: ))

((FML, typing now. Complicated day, I apologize.))

614035 ((Holy crap! He is alive!))

((Not the first time I heard that today...))

((Understood. Conversing with judge now. Almost done. :twilightblush:))

((Approved by Nathan Traveler))

REACTION

Tunnel Vision wouldn't label himself as particularly righteous, or as a defender, but he loved children. He'd been in a few life threatening scenarios with children before, and he had heard the sounds they made when they were terrified. He did NOT like those sounds.

As for the 'eating' part, Tunnel Vision ate meat, yes. However, even gryphons respect the young and would never hunt children. To see what he saw made him feel many things at once. Fear of the pony, sadness for the little one, and horror at the act. Most prominent though was an emotion Tunnel did not like indulging in: Hatred.

No, Tunnel Vision did NOT like his opponent. Up until this point Tunnel had never wished harm upon another sapient creature. Up until now, Tunnel had never used a truly dangerous weapon against one either.

There's a first time for everything.

ACTION

Tunnel Vision dove off the rock, lighting a bomb on the way down, this one with a particularly long fuse. If this pony liked an exotic diet then he had to be removed. Tunnel dove as fast as he could, reaching out toward Rorschach with both claws. bomb in the left. The bomb in question was a particularly painful one, not the expected ‘boom’. When it detonated it would sound rather like a soft breeze.... But white phosphorous was anything but a soft breeze.

((Detonation during your NEXT reaction phase, not upcoming))

((Late response is late. Talking with judges now, need to clear something up with them.))

((Approved by Twilight at Dusk))

REACTION

If one were to ask Tunnel Vision about the situation, he would insist he planned for this. In reality he had forgotten about those swords. He knew he couldn't dodge all of them and continue his assault, so he did something stupid. He reached out and grabbed the one in front of him, amazingly catching it by the handle. New weapon, GET!

ACTION

Tunnel Vision hated sadists, and this pony was looking the part. "This fly is loaded for bear, Spider. You may not have a parlor soon."

With the pony's sword in hand he continued to fly right at him, bypassing the other two swords. Tunnel Vision flew directly at the pony, throwing himself -- and the bomb -- at Rorschach, intent on pinning him to the ground while the bomb went off. His suit would save him from the worst of it, but Rorschach's skin was about to meet what Zebras called the 'Hungry Flame'.

((White phosphorus is an incendiary weapon that sticks to the skin, and cannot be put out unless totally deprived of oxygen. It also causes organ failure if you survive the burns, but I'm ignoring that part :p magic, right?))

614631>>616597 Trixie jumped from her seat to the edge of the stands in an instant. "Dear Luna! He is going kill Rorschach!" The crowd cheered for blood, while Trixie panicked in her mind over worry for the unicorn. "You just had to piss him off, didn't you?"

((Not playing around anymore.))

((I totally forgot about that o.o Sorry, after I read the bio the first time I never go back :s I left that one up to the judge anyway xD I was totally prepared to have TV eat the tip of that blade with his palm.))

((In that case... Alrighty then! Good thing TV brought gloves :twilightsmile:))

((Approved by Twilight at Dusk))

REACTION

Tunnel Vision expected the unicorn to try and dodge. What he got was a swift kick to everything he understood about physics. The unicorn pretty much accelerated to high speeds sideways from a standstill. Needless to say, this left Tunnel Vision without the intended Target for his grenade. Sure he had intended to take some of the pain, but that was with the assumption Rorschach would as well. Things were about to get very hot. Then the ground next the him exploded. Years of blowing himself up allowed him to stay standing, but an explosion was an explosion. Ergo it hurt.

ACTION

White phosphorus was the ultimate smoke screen. It blocked not only sight, but moisture, heat and even something scientists called "infrared light". Obviously Tunnel Vision was blind now, his goggles not helping visibility. Normally this would disorient someone, but again Tunnel Vision had been blowing himself up for years. He turned - roughly - toward the direction he remembered Rorschach had dodged. He only had another second or two before the cloud he was in became as hot as... As hot as a cloud of fire can, really. He gave his wings the hardest flap he could, throwing himself backwards and sending a large plume of the smoke, now catching fire, towards Rorschach. He wanted desperately to shout "By fire be purged," but he had tasted white phosphorus once before. It was not an experience he wanted to repeat. Instead he grunted with his mouth shut, managing a "MRRMMMMMM! MMM MMM MMEHMMMIMMM!"

((Didn't reply to you at first, don't know if an edit will alert you.))

((What's this?! Tunnel Vision is evolving!))

((Tunnel vision has turned from Mr. Monopoly to The Pyro.))

((I FUCKING LOVE YOU. I WANT YOUR CHILDREN.))

618491 ((That's great....... Trixie needs to um... go... yeah.))

(( Can you feel the loooove tonight? :twilightsheepish:))

((Cat got your tongue?))

Razorbeam
Group Admin

Voting:
Tast

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 73