The Unity Games 103 members · 1 stories
Comments ( 33 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 33
Razorbeam
Group Admin

If both duelists involved would kindly let me know that they are ready, this duel can begin. If one of the dueling parties does not report in (ready or otherwise) before Wednesday [1/9/2013], they will forfeit the match. If neither report in, both will forfeit.

Whether you are ready or not, please make it known in an ((OOC)) post here in this thread.

This match concluded [1/13/2013] with Hybridnecros as the victor by default.

Rapid Fire jumps up in the stands, her voice rolling over the mostly empty arena, the lack of contestants not dampening it at all. "Go, Brother Kamau! I believe in you! Get in there and knock 'em out!"

I suppose that ready is probably a good word for my current state of mind.

[[Hybrid. Reporting in. I'll be working a 12-hour shift until Sunday, possibly Monday.However, I will be able to fight 9pm EST till a little past midnight. I hope this doesn't pose a major issue.]]]

Razorbeam
Group Admin

601826, 603620
((I am opening this duel. You may now fight one another. Please follow this link to see the list of judges.

You must conclude your duel, either by killing blow (judge's rule), forfeit, or voting decision. A vote will be held by default in the event that the duel is not completed by 12:00 a.m. [-5:00 GMT] on Saturday [1/12/2013].

Fight with honor!))

Aurus rose from his seat suddenly, drawing a hush over the crowd and ready combatants alike. His smile was one of excitement, and it was clear from the tone that ventured forth from his throat that he was just as eager as those in the stands who were barely repressing their words to hear him speak.

"It is clear that you are all excited to see this match, and I an right there with you! Lets not delay, and commence the battle, one which I am sure will be monumental. This duel between Kamau and Virtus should not be taken lightly. Not now, or ever in the future, as this will be a moment of history to be remembered gloriously for ages to come!"

The crowd roared in excitement, stilling once more for Aurus' final words before the unleashing of this once-in-a-lifetime event.

"Begin the match!"

The deafening roars that followed drowned out the trailing of even his mighty voice, and any hope that the clash of steel or a blast of magic had to be heard.

603661>>601826
[[ just double-checked the roster and noticed that the abilities/equipment block on Kam's was never filled in. Didn't want it to seen unfair, so I put a link to the copy of the bio I have posted in my blog. Also, still waiting on a reply from Jet so we can kick off this shindig. Also, here is some fighting music, because why not. ]

Kamau waits nervously in front of the entrance to the area floor. Ensuring that both his wraps and cloak are secure, he steps though to meet his opponent. As the roar of the crowd echoes through the arena, Kamau removes the hood of his cloak to reveal his face. Turning to Virtus, Kamau gives a slight bow and lowers into his combat stance. "Let us have a great match, Friend Virtus. May fortune smile upon the victor."

Razorbeam
Group Admin

((Even more updates I have forgotten to do. I figured a whole bunch of these would show up once the duels started, but thankfully since the judges are being astoundingly helpful, I finally have the time to do them without being interrupted by PMs or notifications (for the first time in weeks). Your edits have been made on the roster.))

603778, 603661 Virtus stands at the gate for a moment, contemplating just how he wishes to stride into the arena. Knowing that the monks of old would request he shine forth as a beacon of what his order stands for, he decided to do the opposite. Few things work quite so well at throwing off an opponent than appearing in a fashion incongruous with one's description.

Adopting a slight stagger to his gait Virtus walks through the gate as it opens, enjoying the riotous sounds coming from the crowd. Making sure to stagger at least a couple times as he walks across the arena floor, Virtus soon comes to a stop just a few body lengths away from Kamau. After listening to Kamau's brief speech, Virtus decided to respond. "Heh. You talk funny. 'N'way, let's do this whole dueling spiel. I got me a bottle w'm'name on it back at th'bar."

[[ Chain and Cyber have agreed to be the judges for right now. Let the spamming begin....as soon as we figure out who goes first.]]

[[Also Medic has agreed to receiving spam as well. ]]

[[welllll poop. Guess I'll have to try tomorrow]]

604025 Sorry, my computer died. I'm trying to get my old one working, but it's proving... difficult. I may have to forfeit, but I'm doing everything in my power to keep that from happening.

[[Crap. I know that feel man. The power cord on my laptop started smoking a week or two ago and I'm still waiting on the replacement I bought. Good luck on getting your computer up and working again. I would hate to advance just because of RL happenings. ]]

606487 As for who goes first? Um... Have an impartial judge make the call?

[[Meh. I'll just let you go first to speed up the process. BTW OOC commentary should be made in either "[ ]", "{ }", or "( )" to avoid confusion. ]]

606715 {{Alright, I'm typing up my first move now, and then I'll be sending it to Chain.}}

606715 {The first action has been taken!}

Virtus smiled at Kamau as he slowly gathered energy within both his horn, and his staff. Once he was prepared he began casting a prestidigitation spell in front of Kamau's eyes, hoping that the incessant flashes of color and light would be sufficient to disorient him. {Approved by Chain}

[[ reaction sent awaiting reply. Also, you should show who approved your Action in your next response. ]]

[[ Approved by Medic and Cyber ]]

Kamau closes his eyes as the flashing lights begin, jumping quickly to the left behind a nearby boulder he had remembered seeing a moment before.

After taking a second to gather his bearings, Kamau leaps high toward Virtus using the boulder as a stepping stone. As he nears his target, Kamau flips foreword, propelling the back of his rear hooves toward Virtus’s head.

607059 {Reaction sent, awaiting reply.}

607059 {Approved by Cyber and Medic}

Virtus ducks, and rolls, out of the way of the incoming pair of hooves, releasing the charged up energy within his staff to fire a bolt of lightning at the airborne foe.

[[ response sent. awaiting approval]]

607288 {Looking forward to it. Oh, and no matter the outcome, I am ludicrously pleased with myself. I'm featured. For a NEW story. I feel all bubbly and stuff.}

[[ approved by Cyber and Rainbowbob]]

Kamau twists his body slightly as he lands, avoiding most of the lightning, but singing a portion of his cloak in the process.

After landing, Kamau dashes toward Virtus, but suddenly jumps slightly to the right bringing his left forehoof towards Virtus’s temple in a vicious hook.

607321 {Reaction sent and awaiting reply.}

[[ bout to pass out dude. gotta wake up at 530 tomorrow. Probably won't react till tommorow night.

607468 {That's fine. I'm probably gonna crash soon too.}

607468 {Approved by Medic}
As Kamau swings his hoof in towards Virtus he raises his staff towards Kamau's upper arm, hoping to push his hoof off course, and throw him off balance in the same action. While doing this Virtus charges his horn and staff with magical energy, using what builds in the staff to energize it to add weight to the impact of the motion.

[[ typing/sending reaction]]

[[ approved by Nathan Traveler and Twilight at Dusk ]]

Barely seeing the Virtus’s staff coming towards him, Kamau lowers his upper arm slightly, letting the staff catch only a glancing blow.

Although surprised by the sheer weight of the attack, Kamau uses the momentum of the blow to spin around on his rear and front hooves , launching a sweeping kick towards Virtus’s jaw with his rear left hoof.

610332 {Typing/Sending Reaction}

610332 {Approved by Traveler}
Before the blow from Kamau's assault can land, Virtus uses the energy stored in his horn to teleport himself atop the boulder that Kamau leaped from earlier, beginning to charge energy to both his horn, and his staff. "It's over, Kamau! I have the high ground!"

[[ approved by Nathan Traveler and Cyberfire]]

Surprised at his opponent's sudden retreat, Kamau grabs two vials from his cloak and smashes them into the ground, suddenly surrounding himself in a thick, smoky haze

Using the smokescreen as cover, Kamau begins to push raw magical energy into one of his hooves.

{{taking off for the night}}

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 33