MoonLight 895 members · 93 stories
Comments ( 77 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 77
janushyde
Group Contributor

This was very intresting kinda makes me want to pick up a copy of that book to see what it has to say about other animels and objects. I also into to do some readin on this long-ma that seems like an intresting little creature on it's own.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I thought it was intresting how it made a point to show the diffrences in both appearance and mean of a "White" Horse and a "Pale" Horse I might have to make use of that.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yeah just like "Apple" is smilar to the old latin word for evil hence why the fruite from the forbiddon tree is oftin portayed as an apple.

Also I am the only one that wonders why the horse in that epic poem needed to be beaten so burtaly in order for his power to pass between worlds to work?

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'd take that over some of other possiblities.

Also its kinda intresting that both time the horse is listed as being important to three elements fire and water were mentioned both times.

Speaking of Water kelpies were brought up maybe it's because I've been reading a cetain fic here but kelpies now translate as sea ponies to me.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I was more referring to how oddly consistent the symbology was world wide. I hate with a passion the whole alien astronaught idea that human kind was lead by the hand through development into greatness by outsiders from another planet. The mono myth idea on the other hand that all myths and legends share a common ansestery seems to have some merit to it given what this passage shows us.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yeah, I get what you're saying the whole collective unconsence thing that Young and Camble talk about in thier works.

Or it could be that Lauren Faust had a copy of this book or one like it and did a bit of research before she and her team got to work on Friendship is magic. After all sometimes the simplest answer is the best.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Thanks for finding that page, save me a trip the the library ya did.

So just out of curousity what propted you to go digging through that book in the first place?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm, intresting I can see that given how darkness tends to conceal rather than reveil.

All of this is making me want to go drupge up some more mythical critters to pepper the everfree and the rest of the world with. Not to mention try and cook up some magical plants and such it kinda bothers me how undeerdeveloped the Everfree Forst is in the show I mean we see it featured from time to time but little is known about what kinds of life inhabits it.

I intend to try and get some more work done on Entwined done later today hopefully I'll get through the bit I'm stuck on as I'm sure that once this bit is out of the way the rest will follow without much trouble.

285842 I cannot thank you enough for the information! It's awesome of you to put it up here like this, and it would be great for writers :twilightblush:

286583 You MUST update True Colors!!! :flutterrage::fluttercry::fluttershbad:

I really can understand how hard peering at a book and typing whole pages can be, and I'm just awed by what you did. :twilightblush:

janushyde
Group Contributor

Thanks for typing these up Echos, also is it just me or does the one about twilight seem to be oddly fitting for all those Alicorn Twilight fics given the connotations of revilution and the ending of the old?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Is it really changing the world or more returning it to it's proper state?

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm, that theory implies that either the rulers were incredibaly powerfull enough to cause the birth something of his magintude, or that thier kingdom was large enough and thrown into such turmoil that it was again enough to creat such a potant being. Though I'm just spitballing here.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yeah, all the vagueness in the worldbuilding at times kinda bugs me but not enough to stop watching the show. Though i guess its a blessing for the fans as it makes the world something of a sand box for us to play in.

Also it has been a while but I thought that Heart's and Hooves day didn't specify the kingdom where said love poison was used in but i could be miss remebering things.

So far as what was said, it was like the tale of the Mare in the Moon in that it had the details stripped. Excluding the potion reciepe of course. :pinkiecrazy:

janushyde
Group Contributor

... It's a true wonder that Equestria is still standing given how they seem to have thrown common sense out the window long ago.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Oh yeah humans are far from perfect heck the fact that there are instructions on packits of Poptarts prooves that but we atleast TRY to keep stuff like firearms and reciepes for explocives away from children.

Meh just swap Cyinical for jaded and it works out fine.

Now now, can't blaime Discord for that he's a trickster and a being of chaos it's his job to cause havic and even if you do bring up his mind controll it's more like he played upon thier fears and brought up thier worst aspects more than forced them to do something they didn't want to do as Putting your hoof down suggests even Fluttershy has a mean streak.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I'm a TNG fan so I see him as the Equestrian equivilant of Q.

Also its not entirely your fault as i was the one trying to poke holes in your theory in the first place if anything i derailed the topic.

Now back to Discord as a spirt of chaos i wonder just how long he "ruled" and what the state of his "Rule" was like. I mean he seems to favor anarchy and surrealality for thier own sake. Also perhaps it's just me but I can't see him going out of his way to kill his subjects as he couldn't play with them anymore.Though I do wonder if he smacked a few of them with unwanted immortality just to mess with thier heads.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Or he made a buracratic nightmare that puts Futurama's pardy of such to shame.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I wasn't thinking along those lines, more that nothing could get done if everthing was so hopelessly entrenched in red tape.

Though now that you bring it up I'd say Celestia's the president of Doop Luna's Kiff and Trixie is Zap and yes Giant Twilight wants snoo snoo.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Because of karma for pranking your readers, because I cast a spell upon you via my double entandra, because your dirty mind is tired or lurking in the shadows. Take your pick.

Blueblood as Judge Whitie, Pinkie Pie as Bender, Rarity as Amy Wong! Okay fine I'll stop now.

I wonder why Discord has the parts he does though, I mean save for the pony parts he seems to have a preditory theme going there also what kind of animels have the kind of horns he does?

janushyde
Group Contributor

I don't know I thought both were from a kind of deer.

janushyde
Group Contributor

I recall someone on the TV tropes foroms mentioning them when they were talking about the fic "it's a dangours buisness going out your door" They even had a link to a wikipedia artical mind this was roughly a year ago or so so i don't know how easy it would be to track down.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Could be, though like i said it's been a long time so I'm not sure how easy it would be to track this down.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Nice, some real intresting stuff there. The bit about the Black moon is rather striking indeed.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Then you add in that bit about transforming something ment to harm into something ment to heal and it kinda leads into those fics where luna must overthrow her horrible dictore of a sister.

janushyde
Group Contributor

So, do I dare ask as the moon's role as a fertility deity ties into that?:trollestia:

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm, rereading those two chapters or being productive, choices choices.

And it being similar to the symbolism of unicorns if I read it correctly. That helps too as Twilight is the paragon of unicorns.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Yeah, this trip should be clop free it's about family, then sightseeing, and finaly getting the hell away from my hometown for a few days.

Heh and Gwenio spots something intresting. Also i agree twilight is the gold standered of Unicorns and hence is best suited for being the companion of an alicorn.

janushyde
Group Contributor

True, but i'd still like to see one fic where Celestia and Luna/Nightmare get into a fight over who would be the best match for Twilight.

Jealous Greek goddess style?

Or maybe an AU where instead of the Elements they settle things by who can get Twilight to love them more (starting just after she is taken up as a student, possibly with Nightmare working through dreams and Celestia actually knowing she is unlike The Moon's Twilight). A magically binding agreement would be involved.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Both of your ideas sound intresting especial the first as that just seems like it could be used for a lot of veraty.

I myself was thinking someting more along the lines of the fights that Ryoko and Ayaka had in the first two Tenchi seires witch could range from being low key bouts of tug of war(with Tenchi as the rope) to full on brawls involving hand to hand and enrgy blasts.

Could do that with either; the first mainly refers to having Twilight be in the position of (at least thinking that) who ever she picks, the other will get her back for not picking them. :twilightoops:

janushyde
Group Contributor

Hmm Ponyfied Illiad with Twilight as an odd blend of both Paris and the golden apple how very intresting.

Also That sounds like an intresting story idea there Echos.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Because scince is lazy and hasn't invented time travle, flying cars, or lightsabers yet.

Or mass produced time dilation devices. Better yet ones the keep the rate those in the area age to that which they would outside of it.

janushyde
Group Contributor

And let's not even get started on things left uncured at the moment though atleast the whole boogie fever plauge is over.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Fight it! Put in some classical, hard rock, metal, BUBBLEGUM POP anything but DISCO!

Back on topic I wonder how prominet the mythology around unicorns and pegasi was in the show creator's minds?

janushyde
Group Contributor

I thought changlings came from fairies swapping one of thier kids for a human so they could have it to use as they pleased typicaly enslaving it?

Yes, hence White Wolf's RPG Changeling: The Lost.

janushyde
Group Contributor

True, they seem to feed of emotion in a way similar to vampires or dream eaters.

janushyde
Group Contributor

Gwenio, haven't played it but the fanfic Backwords through the mirror got me intrested in it.

Changelings in that RPG can 'harvest' the strong emotions of those around them for magical power; seem like a good fit to some extent. The Changelings seem to have something of an evil fae vibe to them.between the appearance and the swapping out ponies.

janushyde
Group Contributor

So maybe they are something of a blend between shape shifters and the fea?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 77