Anthropomorphics 5,015 members · 7,632 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

ALright, as the title says, I am continuing the question from one of the threads I made on this site.

In this case, what would they have instead of chariots drawn by pegasi and thestrals(bat ponies)?

Remember that I am anthrocizing every character, so they still have their wings and can use them.

Well, depends on the sort of story you are writing.:raritywink:

In a certain type of stories ponygirls pulling chariots might be viable.

More seriously, Trains would stay the same. Dirigibles. Humans used to use men to row galleys, and not all of those were rowed by slaves. So a pegasus propelled dirigible would be practical, especially if they have control of the wind. Same goes for sailships.

If you have steam trains, you could have steam cars and trolleys. And this is a land of magic, so crystal powered vehicles.

It’s already established canon that there are airships and sailing ships, so those would all still be there.

As 6999999 said, pony power would still be viable. If you’re wondering about in city transportation, I agree that carriages would be a bit silly, so use cable cars instead, either electrically powered (there is canon evidence for this) or pony powered (the cables are actually part of a system of wheels and pulleys, and the cars move in unison when the team of earth pony at the main crank turn it. Every part of the system depends on every other part moving when it needs to; a perfection representation of harmony, and something Discord would absolutely hate).

The only times we’ve seen carriages outside of use as taxis were as part of a joke, so the canonocity of those is disputable in any case.

I already have the taxis, carts, wagons, and dirigibles taken care of.

I'm talking about the chariots used by Princess Celestia and Luna(and later on Twilight Sparkle)

Those chariots are stylistically neat, but do not really project power the way an airship would.

If you still want chariots, you could still have them drawn by ponies (with modified harnesses) or by some other sufficiently large creature.

Yeah. But I was thinking maybe they still pull them, but there are enchantments on the harnesses and armor used by the pegasi and thestrals pulling the chariots that help them pull them.

Why would they need help?

Um, cause the chariots have gold on them. And gold is not a light metal. And they have passengers on the chariot as well.

This hasn't been a problem for them before. Why would it be now?

Cause they are anthros.

And this means they are proportionately weaker than when they were ponies? This does not make sense.

I guess.

Quick question: How would Applejack and Big Mac harvest their apples?

Same way, by bucking. It's more an exercise of Earth Pony magic than raw strength, anyway.

Could be done with a punch or shoulder tackle as easily as a buck as long as the earth pony magic was there being applied properly

As far as air travel, the use of hot air balloon like what we see twilight use in the show wouldnt change. Dirgibles and airships would be viable as well and could even be steered amd powered by Pegasus and thestrala the way a group would row a large ship. Magical crystal poweted gyrocoptors could possibly appear as well. In the ground nothing would really change. M hell as Anthro the option of rickshaws would open up as both small taxis loke you see here on earth as well as a way for earth ponies to get crops to market

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16