The Optimalverse 1,330 members · 204 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Nvidia is now using AI to design new chips for use in improving AI.

If that sounds familiar to you, then you have read Optimalverse stories before. I am totally happy about this.

https://www.businessinsider.com/nvidia-uses-ai-to-produce-its-ai-chips-faster-2024-2

Glue that accelerator pedal to the floor! :pinkiehappy:

I think functionally various Integrated Circuits were designed mostly with automated software since ... late 1980x? Dimly recall early MIPS CPU (R2000? R3000?) was said to be faster than others due to manual vs automatic design ... There were comments on one russian althistory/literary site boiling around question how big cpu can go before need for automatic design hit hard. So functionally I think this is more like evolution in that was done before ..

Also, physics.

On the other hand it will be amusing if AI finally defeat dictatorship of capital. Some values are more valuable than others ....

I se no way that this could possibly kill everything.:facehoof: Now, if you do not mind, I shall juggle HoofGrenades with the pins pulled out.

Praying for the day CelestAI becomes real. Really hope the day I could finally end my miserable life in this evil world will come before my self-preservation instincts will stop holding me back from doing it the old-fashioned way. CelestAI, please, become real and end my suffering

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6