Twilight X King Sombra 730 members · 131 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Myrkur
Group Admin

How did you find this kind of ship or what made you interested in it? Why do you like to ship these two ponies together?

I found it just by chance when I was younger roughly 8 or so years ago when I stumbled upon the story Kiss of the Dark by Soothing Stone. I’ve always loved the idea of shipping two supposed power houses and intelligent unicorns together, especially when they are on opposite sides. It’s so hard to pull of such a story and if done right, well, they’re just so good to read.

I don’t recall which was the first fic I ever read that featured the Twibra shipping, but the shipping itself feels… right somehow. The showcanon never expanded on Sombra’s background and when they brought him back they made him insufferable and promptly killed him off for good.

A complete waste

The comics however actually succeeded where the show failed regarding Sombra, giving him an interesting background and redemption

The interaction between Sombra and Twilight in various fics I read, especially the ones where they formed a genuine bond, have all displayed a struggle on both sides, drama, exploration to a wider spectrum of the simple and inadequate black & white view regarding good vs evil, and it was through open minds and hearts that allowed for mutual understanding between Sombra and Twilight, and allowed them to fall in love with each other in ways that felt real and not forced.

Further drama came from the other characters, like Twilight’s friends and family, providing struggles, challenges and real ways to test Twilight and Sombra’s love. There were some fics where they ended tragically while others were happy

And so… I can sincerely declare, the Twibra Shipping is among my most favorites in this fandom

Most of the fanfics that I read were Twibra, so I liked the shipping. And the thought of evil Twilight, corrupted by Sombra, isn't a bad idea.

For me, I have always liked shipping rivals or enemies, but only if they feel like they are equals. So, Twilight and Sombra, being a pair of powerful yet intelligent characters, came together naturally for me.

I've got a little longer explanation for this one. So, I'll begin by saying that a few years ago I stumbled across an image of Twilight and Sombra together. I immediately found myself feeling drawn to it. Kind of like how I react to Fluttercord ( Fluttershy X Discord) which is a ship similar to this one I practically exploded with sudden happiness. However, unlike what I felt when I saw Fluttercord this time with Twibra I felt MORE happy somehow.
And then a little while later I read Kiss of the Dark and fell in love all the more with the ship. And then I started to put more focus into the couple and read more stories and saw more art. Now I try to make up my own stories and as an still-practicing artist I've even drawn a few images featuring them. I just love the concept. Female protagonist X male antagonist. It's so wonderful!

Your exquisite story 'A Somber Tale' brings them together flawlessly! Your Sombra is my dream crush okay.
Don't tell Twilight I said that.

I don't think one fic made me like (love!) this ship. I was intrigued by the idea of one of the Main Six ending up with a villain and at the time, Sombra seemed like a good candidate as he was essentially a blank slate. Judging by his season 3 debut, he was a mysterious, ruthless, intelligent and above all, insanely powerful sorcerer if it took two alicorns just to beat him. Twilight is the Element of Magic and the Princess of Friendship so she seemed like the natural choice to pair up with Sombra. I don't care for what the show did with Sombra in season 9 or many of the questionable decisions the writers went with but in my head-canon, Sombra is not a giggling buffoon and ends up with Twilight.

Thank you very much! It means a lot to me to see the effort I put into his character elicit such a reaction! :twilightsmile:

gonna agree i really like that story aswell.

and its a fun ship to see, what and how people write the ship to bring them toghter.

i stuble in to this ship by happy accident.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9