Battlefield: Equestria 264 members · 62 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

Here it is lads, the grand battle of the century.

Are you ready? No you aren't. This is a battle we cannot win, not with all the soldiers in the world. We are doomed, and we know so. We have reached the end of our lives, long lived and to their fullest. Now that we see the great beyond, with its beauty and endless resting plains... Can we truly complain?

After all the years spent in the mud, carrying ourselves with pride despite the losses... The pain... Shed our part of tears we did, at the fallen, at the dead. But do not mistake camaraderie with weakness. For we were mighty, strong and full of rage. Once, in an age not so long ago...

The earth is benefactor of our struggles, for it is our fallen that have made it so green. The trees mourn with us, for they always stood and watched. Watched as many young ones fell to the blade and weather, to the harsh and unforgiving conditions to which we pledged our bodies and souls. I regret nothing, you know this, for it was us that marched for so long, with so little.

And now? As we finally meet our ends? I say it was a good run. Let them come and crash against our lines. Let them come and face our wrath once more. For what are we if not soldiers? What good can we be, if we do not perish as we were predicted to do, oh so many years ago, eras before our births by the gods that rule over our very souls.

I regret nothing. Let them come...

Player: (Choose a Faction and buy your army!)

Bits: 2,000

Unit Slots: 25

Special Units Slots: 15

Hero Slots: 1

Upgrades Allowed Per Unit: 2

Price For Soldiers:

Regular Units: The cost for each regular unit (A unit consists of 20 soldiers) is set at: 20 Bits per unit.

Special Units: The cost of each special unit (Consisting of 10 soldiers) is set at: 40 Bits per unit.

Heroes: The cost of a hero is set to: 300 Bits.

Available Upgrades And Cost: Strength; Units become tougher and more resistant in melee (An example would be; an earth pony receives this upgrade and he gains the same fighting level as a Crystal Knight). Cost: 30 Bits.
Speed: Units gain a speed bonus (An example of this would be; an earth pony that used to cover the run of a mile in one minute will now take half the time and be equally less tired). Cost: 30 Bits.
Accuracy: Ranged units gain an accuracy bonus (An example of this would be; a unicorn unit that used to inflict 15 casualties to enemy soldiers will now cause the full 20). Cost: 40 Bits.

Enemy: Shadow Beings.

Units: 1000 Wretchlings, 300 Oozes, 700 Howl Fiends.

Special Units: 100 Shadow Wraiths, 150 Murk Trolls, 30 Grave Tiller Worms.

Terrain: Your forces stand on a fortified cliff that faces the sea towards the east. Deep trenches spread throughout the western and northern sides of your position but the southern side is left without protection. The weather has been horrible for the past few days, any air units would be left mangled and horribly maimed should they attempt to take flight. The rain has also left the earth muddy and slippery, any forces trying to move towards you will be greatly slowed down.
Flat plains are all that exists in every direction but the eastern sea, so spotting the enemy approach will be easy. A small farmstead lays just south of your position, wheat and other basic supplies can be found there. Beware however, going after the supplies would result in a skirmish against enemy forces as they have taken hold of the plains near the farm.

Situation: Your supplies are dwindling, your troops are fighting for survival, and the weather is not helping your cause. Disease has begun to spread among your soldiers, and every passing day a dozen will fall ill and be unable to fight. No reinforcements for you until after four weeks.

Enemy Strategy On The Western Trench: Every day they will launch a massive frontal assault, 50 Oozes will march at the front, blocking any missile fire you have, 300 Wretchlings will march behind them, at the ready to pounce once the distance is short enough. These enemies will be assaulting your western trench.

Enemy Strategy On The Northern Trench: Every day they will launch 100 Howl Fiends from the north, they will be accompanied by 10 Murk Trolls, and 10 Shadow Wraiths.

Enemy Strategy On The Southern Front: Every day they will attack with 200 Wretchlings, 100 Howl Fiends, and 1 Grave Tiller Worm.

Good Luck Soldier!

Faction: United Equestrian Empire.

Units:
10 Solar Guards
10 Lunar Guards
20 Mixed infantry survivors (mostly earth ponies, with a few unicorns)

Heroes:
Celestia
Luna
Jack

Plan...

If Jack were to die, he would want to go down with his sisters, and the bravest, strongest yet among them. They would make their enemies rue the day that they faced the last Alicorns to walk the earth! With his last breath he would sour his foes' victory with the taste of their own blood!

Bloodpool
Group Admin

Plan: Destroy them all with my Epic Moustache-Cane-Top hat-Monocle ensemble

:pinkiesad2: Go in peace, brother.

Truly :moustache: We mustache owners preserve the right to utilize such powers in only the direst of situations, well done.

The Grey Pegasus
Group Admin

Now, for quickness and because I'm lazy, my first option is:

Hero unit: Celestia.
All others: Irrelevant.

Then, using her obvious power, a new meaning to 'scorched earth policy': Regional, Class 5.

Maaaaybe I'll solve this later. :twilightsheepish: Also: do I count as a hero unit?

Take your time :derpytongue2: and nay, you can be there and have an additional hero at the same time :rainbowkiss:

Just don't go all Pinkie Pie on me and clone yourself for free soldiers :twilightangry2:

thanks! :twilightsmile:

686781 I just counted Jack as a 'hero' unit for the obvious reasons... A lack of a horn makes magic tougher, but not impossible.

684733 I am Norse, there will be no peace in my death, should there be any justice in this world. We are warriors until the end, men of shattered shields, and tattered dreams, men of blood and death. The greatest insult you can give a warrior is to wish them a peaceful death.
However, I suspect you meant none, and as such, shall not hold it against you. :eeyup:

My mistake, may you go down fighting the good fight my friend. :moustache: Like a true warrior of old.

_∏_
-_Ƣ ~Stay Classy.

Comment posted by The Libertarian Brony deleted Feb 5th, 2013

My Faction: Mercenaries (I'm going to call my army the 'Night Burners' :pinkiehappy:)

My Units:
Human Mercenaries: 10 units = 200 soldiers

Gryphon Mercenaries: 10 units = 200 soldiers

Zebra Mercenaries: 5 units = 100 soldiers
Strength Upgrade (for each unit)
Speed Upgrade (for each unit)

Knights Errant: 10 units = 100 soldiers
Strength Upgrade (for each unit)
Speed Upgrade (for each unit)

Order of the Drakeguard: 5 units = 50 soldiers

Heroes: Pen Knife ('Me')

My Strategy:
To begin with, I would station 100 of my humans in the western trenches and 100 of my Gryphons on the northern threnches. The remaining 100 humans and 100 gryphons would then fortify the unentrenched southern flank. While they dug in there my upgraded knights and Zebras along with my dragons would make a charge in wedge formation for the farm house. The dragons and knights would spearhead this charge and when they encountered the wave of enemies from the first days charge the dragons would be immediately ordered to go for that waves gravetiller worm. The knights in the charge would temporarily engage and hold that wave while my, now super speedy, Zebras continued the dash to the farm house and gather the supplies (100 upgraded Zebras should be enough to deal with anythng that might be at the farmhouse.
The Zebras would then fall back to where the knights and dragons were still engaged with the enemy. They would then help the knights and dragons finish off that days wave from behind. They would then fall back to our original position. Meanwhile, as the Zebras, dragons, and knights were making there valiant charge, the humans and gryphons that had been positioned on the southern flank would have been working on creating a trench there to better fortify that flank. Work on that trench would continue until the next day since the Zebras, dragons, and knights had already dealt with that days wave from that flank.
The finished trench won't be as nice as the other two but it should suffice. Then 50 of the humans and 50 of the gryphons would move from the south flank to join their fellows on the western and northern flanks respectively. The Zebras would then entrench themselves with the remaining humans and gryphons on the south flank.
Each day after that it would be the dragons' objective to occupy and take down the grave tiller worm assaulting the southern flank. It would be the knights' objective to work on taking down as many trolls and wraiths as they could each day on the northern flank. Whenever the dragons were finished taking down the gravetiller for the day they would join the knights over in their fight against the trolls and wraiths. If they finished this task then they would move to wherever the fighting seemed heaviest.
The humans and gryphons would simply entrench themselves and fire volley after volley of crossbow bolts and bullets at the approaching enemy until they got within a certain distance, at which point they would switch to whatever melee weapon they used and engage in combat in formation.
Any who fall sick from the first day on will be quarantined away from the other soldiers and supplies in an attempt to slow the spread. Hopefully there's some form of medicine in the supplies from the farmstead. Any who die (be it of the sickness of of combat) will be tossed over the cliff after a very brief session of mourning. This disposal of the bodies should also slow the sickness's spread. Hopefully this strategy will hold us for four weeks.

Come on you bloody bastards! Our bullets and blades await you! This. IS. WAR!

Welp. Let us take this step by step, aye?

I have noticed a couple of things you may want to consider with your strategy:

1) Western Trench: Placing the humans against the Oozes and Wretchlings on the western trench is not the best idea. Bullets would fly straight into the Oozes and their speed would be greatly diminished which would not result in many enemy casualties for the wretchlings. All in all, if we consider that the Oozes can dissolve any object thrown at them, I think they would have reached your ranks with most of the wretchlings still alive. That would result in a few casualties.

2) Northern Trench: Ouch! It is here that I see the most damage done to your troops. The gryphons are tough and they have ranged fire, but while many Howl Fiends would fall to the crossbows, the Trolls and Wraiths wouldn't. I believe your crossbow fire would deplete the howl fiends' numbers to a certain point, and when faced in melee they wouldn't last long. But the trolls and wraiths would take a much longer while to kill and it would cost you a few soldiers when they reached the trenches.

3) This was a major victory and I cannot see any flaws in it, good job :moustache: casualties at a minimum.

So, here's my verdict:

Northern Trench:

Casualties are acceptable if not worrisome; 25 dead, 5 wounded.

Western Trench:

Casualties are average; 10 dead, no wounded.

Southern Trench:

Casualties are minimum; 3 Drakes dead, 2 Knights dead, 3 Zebras wounded.

I think the fights in the northern and western trenches would have ended before your southern soldiers were able to help, thus no need to help them up there.

As for casualty rates for illness; take away 2 for each unit except the dragons and zebras.

All in all, I don't think you'd last more than two weeks with this strategy. I recommend revising it. :twilightsmile:

Ok then. Switch the gryphons and the humans places. The humans bullets should be more effective against the trolls and wraiths and the crossbows accuracy is superior to the humans simple guns which would allow the gryphons to try to aim over/around/between the oozes.
After that,

The Zebras would then entrench themselves with the remaining humans and gryphons on the south flank.

Each day after that it would be the dragons' objective to occupy and take down the grave tiller worm assaulting the southern flank. It would be the knights' objective to work on taking down as many trolls and wraiths as they could each day on the northern flank. Whenever the dragons were finished taking down the gravetiller for the day they would join the knights over in their fight against the trolls and wraiths. If they finished this task then they would move to wherever the fighting seemed heaviest.

The humans and gryphons would simply entrench themselves and fire volley after volley of crossbow bolts and bullets at the approaching enemy until they got within a certain distance, at which point they would switch to whatever melee weapon they used and engage in combat in formation.

Any who fall sick from the first day on will be quarantined away from the other soldiers and supplies in an attempt to slow the spread. Hopefully there's some form of medicine in the supplies from the farmstead. Any who die (be it of the sickness of of combat) will be tossed over the cliff after a very brief session of mourning. This disposal of the bodies should also slow the sickness's spread.

I don't think this part really needs much editing. The Humans who are now on the northern flank will be aided by the upgraded knights who should have an easier time of taking down the trolls and wraiths I'm having them focus on. Especialy once the drakes join them after finishing off that days worm. Then, as I stated, the knights and drakes would move around to wherever the fighting was heaviest once the days wraiths and trolls were finished.

Quite :moustache: Now it is as perfect as it can get :yay: Congratz comrade, I iz grantz you victory! :flutterrage:

:twilightsmile:

698072 How does one win an unwinable battle?
Is it possible to be victorious, or not?
One would think that if one could win that a triad of gods and their personal guard could do it...(?)

Could they? Celestia has been proved to be defeatable by Chrysalis, Luna is not as powerful and your OC is vastly less powerful due to the lack of horns and wings. They and their guards would be overwhelmed in seconds as flight is not an option due to the storms.

It would be like pitching a Panzer against a hundred men armed with nothing but sticks. The battle will go well until they catch up with you and open the latch. (May not be the best analogy ever, but you get the point :twilightsheepish:)

698738 693098 692362 684662

Oh wow a suicide mission well I would try to raise the men's spirits even though there is no hope and then my good old Favorite tactic BANZAI !!! :pinkiecrazy:

( spirit raising speech 1 and 2)

Enemy: Shadow Beings.

Units: 1000 Wretchlings, 300 Oozes, 700 Howl Fiends.

Special Units: 100 Shadow Wraiths, 150 Murk Trolls, 30 Grave Tiller Worms

Enemy Strategy On The Western Trench: Every day they will launch a massive frontal assault, 50 Oozes will march at the front, blocking any missile fire you have, 300 Wretchlings will march behind them, at the ready to pounce once the distance is short enough. These enemies will be assaulting your western trench.

Enemy Strategy On The Northern Trench: Every day they will launch 100 Howl Fiends from the north, they will be accompanied by 10 Murk Trolls, and 10 Shadow Wraiths.

Enemy Strategy On The Southern Front: Every day they will attack with 200 Wretchlings, 100 Howl Fiends, and 1 Grave Tiller Worm.

According to this. they run out of wretchlings by the third day, howl fiends would be at 50% strength by day 4, oozes are gone after the 6th day, the shadow wraiths would be gone on day 10, the murk trolls on day 15, and final, the last grave tiller would be gone on day 30. Is that intentional?

Why yes. It is intended to allow survival despite the enemy advantage, and permit for victory. :moustache: I hope I didn't make it too easy to win though :twilightblush: nor to hard :twilightoops:.

No, it looks like it scales back with the constant loss of troops to still be hard but not quite impossible.

Faction: Minotaur
Selected Units:
Hero: Chieftain - Upgrades: Speed x 1
Special units: 150 Troops
Mercenaries - Drakeguard (7 units)
Minotaur Berserkers (8 units) - Upgrades: Strength x 8 (one on each unit)
Common Units: 500 troops
Mercenaries - Human Mercenaries (10 units) - Upgrades: accuracy x 4
Minotaur Warriors (10 units)
Minotaur Raiders (5 units) - Upgrades: Speed x 5 (one on each unit)
Total Cost: 1980 bits with enough change to buy myself a keg or two of custard to celebrate my victory.

Day 1:
I would place 6 of the Berserkers, 5 units of Drakeguard and 2 units of Human Mercanaries (with the accuracy buff) along the northern trench, as the current solution for dealing with the trolls and wraiths. Along the eastern trench I would place 4 units of Minotaur Warriors, 4 units of Human Mercenaries (1 with the accuracy buff) and 2 units of Drakeguards. Along the southern plane I would station 2 Berserkers, 6 units of Minotaur Warriors and 4 units of Human Mercenaries.

The Chieftain and all 5 Minotaur Raiders will be tasked with running to the farmhouse and to then use their looting skills to bring back anything they can get their hands on be it food, medicine, materials or just some entertainment. I would however order them to grab as much wood as hey could get their hands on and anything they couldn't carry would be put to the torch to stop the enemy from using it. The group would then sprint back into the base and deposit all the materials joining the battle in the south.

Using the time before and after the battle I would have the units standing at the southern field begin to dig out trenches and build mounds or barriers for the shooters to further fortify their overall position.

Northern Trench:
The mercenaries would start things off by firing alternating shots to keep up a constant rate of fire, making the most of their enemies slow progress through the mud. Just before the enemy reaches the trenches I would have the Berserkers jump out and start a bloody melee with the northern army, the human mercenaries and Drakeguard in support.

Eastern Trench:
The first task before any bullets are fired is for the Drakeguard to rush forward and ignite as many of the Oozes with their fire breath as possible, attempting to cause a chain reaction with their explosions. The Drakes would return to the trenches after the Oozes have been destroyed and the Humans would open fire. Again they would be maintaining a constant hail of bullets by alternating their shots with a partner. When the enemy are close enough The Minotaur Warriors will run out and deal with the remaining Wretchlings.

Southern Plain:
Once again, I will have the Human Mercenaries shoot in a constant stream, taking advantage of the sluggish advance, picking off as many troops as possible during their advance. The Berserkers, Warriors and Drakeguard will take over the Melee and hold out long enough for the Chieftain and Raiders to join the battle, pushing back the enemy and slaying the Grave Tiller Worm, all while the Humans are providing ranged assistance.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20