King Sombra Fan Fiction 1,696 members · 1,388 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Okay, I'm not entirely sure if this type of story has been written yet for these characters, but I wish to share with what I'm working on and if it may interest others, eh. I don't want to spend time on something for it to only get shit on by others, or receive little to no views for some odd reason, eh. I'll post a little something to allow others to see what I'm trying to take this story, eh.

Be aware I'm currently dying from the lack of sleep so some things may seem a bit odd, eh.

With what's left little of his dark magic he barely manages to reconstructs his shattered body, and mind... but it comes at a great cost. His ability to effectively use vast amount of dark magic is lost. No longer is he the all powerful wizard who can stand his ground against armies and Alicorns. He's now susceptible to many threats...

With the lost for the right to rule The Crystal Empire, the ex-king quickly reunites with his family at their hidden shelter nearby the Crystal Empire. Sombra knowing that he can't take the Crystal Throne in his weakened state, and that staying near the Crystal Empire is potentially dangerous for his family, He plans to take his family south so they would avoid the dangers that comes with staying in the Frozen North, especially when his enemies are nearby.

Taking what supplies they can carry they flee from the Frozen North. Sombra, without much of anything to keep himself protected from the cold, he endures the freezing temperatures. With great strength and determination he'll attempt to survive like he has under the freezing ice for a millennia, but his body is greatly weakened and is without the aid of dark magic.

He has to survive if he wishes to ensure the continued existence of his family...

So, how does this sound, eh? Interesting? Shit? Would you read it? Would you throw it against the curb, and stomp on it?.. I could go for a good curb stomping right aboot now...

Also, the story is going to center around this wittle family, and their travels, eh. Hell, I'm not sure where this will go atm, but maybe I'll just toss them in or near Ponyville for the fuck of it, eh? I'm not a huge fan of stories entirely filled with OC's, and throwing them somewhere with familiar characters may make this story a little bit more bearable, eh.

3777226 It's a promising idea that I would like to read given the chance, but I would have a few questions concerning the plot.

Just where did the family come from? I mean, were they hiding when Shining Armor and Cadence had full control of the Empire for like a day and a half while they tried to scout the Empire? And why didn't Twilight and the others find them once they split up to look for clues?

Perhaps you could have a small scene between Sombra's family and one of the mane six, giving a little insight to the their character and story. Follow that up with them leaving after they saw the Crystal Princess return to the throne and finding Sombra somewhere in the winter landscape for a heartfelt intimate scene between Sombra and his family. After all, there are two sides to each story, an even though it was a happy ending for the Crystal Ponies, this left Sombra and her family alone and without anything to call their own.

My other question is what kind of pony Sombra would be in your fic. Will he be spiteful and hungry for revenge? Or perhaps humbled by the defeat, scarred with knowing he can no longer provide for his family. Will he be a caring father and Husband? Or brush them off as obstacles in his quest for revenge?

My last comment is about the cover art itself. The mare on the left is from the Mare Sombra tumblr right? It seems kinda funny to have Sombra marry the mare version of himself! :rainbowlaugh:

3777635 Remember this whole thing was created after 32 hours of no sleep, and a shit ton of caffeine... which btw is still going! EVERYTHING IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS, AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE! :pinkiecrazy:

How the fuck should I know where they came from, eh? My brain is dying atm and is not able to be creative enough to come up with a backstory for them, eh... Although Umbra could've been consumed or somewhat affected by Sombra's darkness, and her appearance and magic might've been altered a wee bit, eh. And maybe the little one could've been altered too with her being in her mother's womb when Umbra was affected by Sombra's dark magic, eh. Of course I'm pulling shit out of my ass atm, but that's what I could come up with atm, eh. You could throw in your shit too and aid moi!

Hell, since this story is subject to change atm they could've been hiding somewhere in the Crystal Empire, but quickly flee'd the place while wearing cloaks of sorts, eh. Don't want others to see the similarities between them and Sombra, eh. Don't know what the others would think and do to them if they are discovered... ALSO the wife and child could've been kept a secret from the public to keep them protected in the event that any of Sombra's enemies attack the Crystal Empire, eh. Soooo, now no one knows of their existence or who they are, eh. As they fled they could've have found an injured Sombra in the snow somewhere or rendezvous with him at a hidden shelter near the Crystal Empire, eh.

Sombra in my story might have delved into the arts of Dark Magic, and took over the Empire and became a King who ruled his subjects with an iron fist, eh. But before we get into the character of Sombra I'll have to figure out how he was before the corruption of the dark magic, and after, and if he was an evil dude in public and caring to his family or not, eh. And how he is when his dark magic is barely present in him once he is struck by the magic of the crystal heart, eh. Shit is still a work in progress, and hopefully I'll figure something out, eh.

As for the mare? Meh, she'll be Umbra who is totally not a female version of Sombra, eh.

3777699 Wasnt the Crystal Empire frozen in time or somthing?
But really, I would give my left testical to read this.
totally not offering or anything....

Be aware I'm currently dying from the lack of sleep so some things may seem a bit odd, eh.

Of course after a week and three days I pretty much worked out the details, eh. So, things should look better than what is shown here, eh.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5