Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17

I've recently tried to debate with my muslim fanatic brother who spreads bullshit about the same old "Down with American imperialism" but trying to debate with him is like trying to dodge rain drops during a thunderstorm... In other words, impossible.

I tried to tell me brother, that with the statement that the EU have to come to the conclusion that Asaad is responsible for the chemical attack, which means the U.S have a green light to kick ass and take names with the help of other EU countries.

The only thing that could have led to a problem was Russia trying to sabotage the U.S's interference and pretty much igniting another cold war. The U.S would wipe the floor with Russia but now. with the help of Nato and cooperation of the EU, A cold war is unlikely because Russia wouldn't risk extinction for some middle eastern country, its obvious from Putin's record that he is doing it because he is being a sore loser from the Cold war and wanted to start another one. He has ben acting pretty aggressively these past months with increasing military budget by 16 billion and flying a military jet plane in Swedish borders.

The only way for Russia to even have the balls to continue their campaign would be if their allies would stand with them and pretty much creating a new world war 3 Co-op...

On the red side we have third world countries, except for China.
On the blue side we have Most European countries and the U.S along with Canada.

But in all honesty I doubt a world war would erupt. Why in flying fuck would Russia risk their nation's existence for a country like Syria... Sure they sell weapons to them but I think even Putin would know not start a war with the U.S alone... I'ts the same old muscle show that they have failing to perform at for the pas 20 years.

1693466 It's funny that you say with the help of our allies Nato and EU, but in reality they wouldn't be of much help. Russia isn't going to go over to war over Syria as no country really will. Hell, if you look at the way things are going in congress, Obama is failing miserably for intervention looking like a fool. The rest of the world has pretty much written him of as a serious president/threat. And Putin isn't doing this because he's a sore loser, quite the opposite in fact. Russia has many interests in the region, and they are doing their best to keep their interest going their way.

And really what does America stand to gain from getting into this? the rebels are not some spontaneous freedom fighter movement, they are hardline Islamic radicals that want an Islamic state and many of them are a hajpaj of various groups, many of which are Al Qaeda afilliated or pro Iranian. Even if we were to get involved, what would we gain from it? Nothing really. I like how we've been told Iraq was unjustifiable, we meddle in other countries blah blah blah, but were told that "America has an obligation to intervene"

No, we don't, and there's nothing to really gain from this if we do go there. American "imperialism" is another debate in it's own. Word of advice, stop debating with your Muslim brother, they will never agree or say "You have a point."

Also, where does this fit into ponies? I want ponies dammit!

The real issue with it all isn't a risk of a massive war (though that is never taken off the table with how the world is [almost 100 years after WW1; perfect timing], and the MANY tense relations and nations raring to go at it around the world, like N and S Korea, China and Japan, Pakistan and India, and Iran and Israel), it's more about the world trying to better define the role of the UN and individual superpowers around the world that run the UN Security Council. It also does go back to that Cold War mentality of East v. West regarding national sovereignty and Nationstate's rights and whether or not a special governing body (the UN) has the ability and right to enforce a certain philosophy and set of rules on the entire world. That's just my look on it personally, I would be interested in hearing what other people think the major issue is.

who cares lets go kill some shit

1693599 Its a ego game, If the U.S ignores a clear use of WMD's they will have more countries using it in long term, and literally the whole reason of the Iraq war was because of "supposed existence of WMD's" and if they would turn the cheek now that its been proven that it was used by Asaad, it would make the U.S look like the biggest Hippocrit in human history..

I'm not one to see brave men and women of the USCM, USA and USAF lose their lives for a country that isn't theirs, and you could pretty much say that technically, the U.S has literally no reason to even care. it has nothing to do with their nation security, and it would most likely just create more attention between the middle east. Syria doesn't have much oil worth fighting for and it hard to see why Obama is fighting so hard to make the U.S a part of that war. Honestly you guys deserve some rest. 20 years of licking your wounds would be nice for a change.

The worst part about my brother isn't that he is a radical Muslim, but that he is a dedicated Listener of Alex Jones, I already know his interpretation of Debate is non-existent. >_<

The only positive from the Iraq war was the liberty of Kurdistan, Not all middle eastern's hate America. The U.S is quite revered with Kurdistan and can count on them as allies.

Putin is selling weapons like crazy to the Syrien rebels and army. War profiteering is the best profiteering. The longer the war is on track, the more of a income they'll make.

1693714 As long as there are no blue side casualties, go nuts xD

1693630 Hopefully it wont come to that, our species can't survive another world war and at this scale...not even the planet will. If Russia wants to pick a fight, why not do it 1v1, oh yeah now I remember. Because they are inferior bitches and they can't swallow it.

Not to mention that a good chunk of their military believes that if Russia did go to war against the US, they would eventually lose (after their economy tanked at least twice).

1694053 Communism fails again. They just got out of a economical debt and now they want to go down the same road again... They never learn. Besides, Russia is pretty much a third world country, there is like 90% corruption in the government. What Putin is trying to accomplish is nothing less then insanity. He wants to play macho with the U.S... He may have been brain dead the past 18 years but quick heads up. While Russia was getting out of a great depression, the U.S developed and produced the most advanced military tech and equipment in human history. They Dominate the sky,the sea and the ground in warfare.

1693777 Go back and review Soviet History. Those guys literally were willing to do anything to spread their influence and power around the world. The rate and magnitude of the military might was really goddamn impressive. Brutal spy tactics, constant oppression of their neighbors with the use of their countries as buffer states in the event of WW3 ( the soviet Union suffered very badly in ww2 and the Russians still remember a lot it ), and the fact that they are one of the biggest exporters of oil means that they aren't going to really tank anytime soon.

Not going to lie about the corruption there, that won't change for a long time to come. But to call Putin brain dead and a little bitch? Yeah, he is anything but that. He's a freaking ex-KGB agent, knows martial arts, and has done a lot for Russia that they almost revere him like a King. He's out for Russia and only Russia, and that I can respect him for.

As far as "suspected WMDs" it wasn't just the US who believed that, others believed it too, and everyone seems to forget about Clinton saying the same thing in the 90's. :trixieshiftleft: I'm sorry, but if you think that Saddam didn't have anything and complied with the sanctions of the UN, then that's just being naive. Chances are he sent them to Syria before the us-iraq invasion. Oh and the Russians are pretty much going full blown capitalism big time, just don't piss of the wrong people over there (ie Mafia).

The face of Russia today is no longer the communist face it once was. And the only reason the war didn't break out was Mutually Assured Destruction, something keeping both countries in check.

1694559 He isn't a bitch, he is a ex-soldier, he would be anything but a bitch. But he is a arrogant and insane... Their military power is a joke compared to the U.S and he wants to challenge the world and the U.S included... You have to admit that this wont end well if the russian army attack the U,S or any other EU or Nato soldiers. but Syrians are welcome to have at it

1694687 Nato countries and other EU countries won't help us, they will find some lame way to get out of it. I don't trust our western allies as they are really pacifist and only are out for their own interest, but somehow expect the us to do the majority of the bulk work. See Yugo civil war of the 90's for example.

Comment posted by Frosthowl deleted Sep 7th, 2013

1695360 England always got your back. Sweden will supply you with the latest of high tech weaponry. And Israel is always glad to fight in a islamic country, and now with Iran threatening to attack the U.S embassy in baghdad, looks like there is only less of a shit stain that we don't have to worry for anymore. But I agree with you, that its hard to trust the other EU nations because they want the U.S to handle any Military situation. You could say that you are the Turians of earth xD

1697556 then we all went home and got drunk, knowing that two shit stains in the world have ben removed.

Russia wants Assad to stay in power because he's given them a naval base in that allows their ships out of the Black Sea, that's the only reason they have for backing him is keeping that base if they loose it they won't be able to keep ships in the Mediterranean

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17