Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

So I'm a relatively new private in the US Army, (had to repeat OSUT for a destroyed ankle, but that nine months doesn't count really) and I've been stationed in Korea. I'm writing a story called Harmony and Strife: Battles of Equestria, and it's been a little over a year since I last wrote on it. I'm also unfortunately losing hope because it's not getting much attention, (still at the same number of views as when I left home for Benning).

So, I'm here for a few things from you all if you'd be willing to help.

Edditing, or at least proofreading and commenting or sending me a message telling me where I managed to fuck up.
Advertisement? Not really the best word to describe it, but I'd like if some of you could read it and maybe spread it around if it has any worth or promise to you.
Ideas or suggestions. I'm trying to make this as realistic as possible, (or as close as one can when involving pastel colored anthropomorphic equines set in a futuristic sci-fi setting... ugh...). I'd like if those of you who are aviators, ground pounders, or fellow tankers could help by giving me advice on terms, measurements, possibility of insert random bullshit here task or maneuvers, that kinda happy horse shit. (no pun intended)

Also, I'd just like to meet some fellow military servicemen and women who enjoy the hobby of fimfiction. If you like, just send me a message to chat or whatnot. And for any marines here, I apologize for the name. I know I'm in the army, but MEPS was being a shithead and wouldn't let me join the corps. I made it while I was trying to join up.

My best advice is if your story isnt getting attention, start a new story. :x Just make sure to explain to your few current readers why you're stopping it.

All YALL chill the fuck out, the Marines are here to kill all the bad guys, don't worry you three..

You guys are awesome. Didn't expect to get this many replies so fast. I hope you all take a look at my stories, (all two of em, lol) and I hope you enjoy them. One's a sad one shot. Only one chapter, and under 1000 words, and it's my gut wrencher. The other one is in the works, and I hope by reading it you can get a feel of what it's going to be like. I'm trying to keep it original, but since Sci-fi has been done so much I know I'm going to run into things that sound a lot like other movies, stories, books and such.

Thanks though, for replying and joking.

Also, to MerlosTheMad, I'm afraid I can't simply quit this story. I have too much invested as far a pre writing and such to do that. But I do appreciate the advice. Plus, I know I have a few people who read it who want me to keep it going, and it wouldn't be fair to my friend MechWolf if I stopped since he gave me a few ideas and helped me when I was stuck. Unfortunately, most of my friends who would help me on this are back home in Kentucky, so my normal support structure is a bit far away at present. I miss them a lot. But, the Army whistled, and I had to come running.

But yeah, give the stories a read. The big one, Harmony and Strife, has it's own overview chapter that gives a back story, history, and overall plot to it. It's around 2000 words or so, so it's a short read. Plus, it shows the nice twist I'm giving to the actual MLP story line so that it will fit well into a sci-fi medium.

So yeah, go ahead and try them.

Forget that marine stuff. You're riding the Beast now, embrace it!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8