Military Bronies 569 members · 183 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

like the title says list your favorite ww2 tanks me my favorite would be the German king tiger i know it had some problems but it still had bigger guns and more steel on then any allied tanks it faced and the 88 was the best tank gun of the war

mine is the mause, if it had seen service it would have put all other tanks to shame in terms of protection and armament

3917476 only problem was if was operational it would have collapsed any bridges it tried to cross lol

by the end of the war the Germans were practically fighting in their own backyard so that draw back was not of there concern as long as it got its job done

3917506 yea i know lol you got to admit they did fight hard lol

My favorite tanks of WWII would be the US M4 Sherman medium tank and the Soviet T34 medium tank. Both are wonders of mass-production, fast and maneuverable for their weight. The T34 had the advantage of being designed almost 3 years after the Sherman and better technology in regards to the main gun. It should be remembered that the Sherman did very well going head-to-head with the Panzer MkIV in North Africa under GEN Montgomery's command. The Sherman wasn't outclassed until it came up against the Panzer MkV Panther medium tank (designed in 1942 vs 1938 for the Sherman) and the Tiger heavy tank (which also outclassed the T34).

3917549 the Sherman was a moving lighter and the mark 4 could touch it at 1,500 yards

3917523 the mause was useful since they could have been used as mobile pillboxes

3917605 yea but we could afford to lose 1 for every panzer we killed

The M4 was a moving lighter against more modern, heavier tanks. Against medium tanks of the late 1930s such as the Panzer IV it was more than adequate. The Panzer MkIV, for instance, was as hopelessly outclassed by the T-34 as the T-34 was by the Tiger and King Tiger. The US Army went to war with what it had and the decision was made to mass-produce what was already in production rather than wait for a more modern tank several months down the road, time we just didn't have. This was compounded by the experiences of the British in North Africa, which led the US Army General Staff to conclude that the M4 was entirely sufficient to win the war with. The advent of the Tiger heavy tank during the final battles in North Africa came as a shock to the US Army and spurred the development of the M26 Pershing medium tank.

3917712 yeah but crews are not as expendable as the tank

3917755 and the Pershing didn't see service until march of 1945 even then several were destroyed

3917861 yea i know my granddad hand 4 sherman tanks blown up under him

3917938 let me guess sent out the top like a rocket

Montgomery even during the desert campaign stated to the war department how the M4 was just barely a match for the panzer IV. the Sherman was only supposed to repel 37 mm ammo

You lot are talking about the M4 but you don't mention the Sherman Firefly at all. Shame on you

3918330 because the firefly is the same damn tank only having a 17pdr gun but even then the tank still had the same design problems

3918780 sure its the same tank but it also has a different turret then the M4 due to the 17 pdr QF gun on it which would create dust clouds of dirt and smoke when fired

Being a tanker, I'll have to go with the Panther. It suffered a lot of early war Mechanical problems, but towards the end, the bugs were finally getting worked out.

Besides, it's the basis of my all time favorite tank destroyer, the Jagdpanther.

For me it has to be the m26 super Pershing, although only one was built ever it was pretty bad ass, huge 90mm cannon and then they welded on extra armour that was salvaged from a panther they destroyed, shame it was scrapped after the war

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20