Borderlands Bronies 340 members · 40 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

Hello again fellow Borderlands loving bronies. This is a thread for those who like to think to far forward like myself. A borderlands 3 speculation thread of things we want to see and things we think we will see.

First, how do I know there is going to be a borderlands 3? I know because I know. I can't say without spoilers for Borderlands 2. So without further ado, feel free to present things you would like to see, and things you think we will see. If this thread gets enough response, I will share my ideas.

2810401 I'm looking forward to it my fellow brit

Same here. Predicted dates I've seen range between late next year and early 2016. I'll probably be preordering it and going to the midnight launch, if there is one.

Much better scaling for weapons. In the second one, weapons would become ineffective in a startlingly low period of time. I make would weapon scaling for guns still be exponential, but mske the value be noticeably lower.

Much better scaling for player skills. A large chunk of Gaige, Maya's skills (Helios, Shock storm, Blight Phoenix, etc...) do little to no damage or are ineffective in other ways, quadruply so in UVHM. To a lesser extent this applies to the other characters too.

Equippable melee weapons or at the very least more variation with guns with blade attachments. Perhaps different manufacturers would make different kinds.

Make each manufacturer make more kinds of weapons. I want my Maliwan shotguns dammit!

Make shock weapons not suck as much. With a few uniques and legendaries aside, shock weapons were terrible compared to their fire, corrosive and non-elemental counterparts, and shielded enemies weren't common or strong enough to make using them worth it. Also, make the shock DoT do much more damage or last longer. Gaige is really the only exception to sucky shock weapons, and even then Wires Don't Talk provides too small of a boost.

Better skills for all characters. Way too many of the skills were just never useful enough to make an investment, if not outright broken as mentioned before.

More flexible action skills for characters like Krieg, Axton, or Gaige.

Much better scaling for Damage Over Time effects.

Minor weapon customization, like for scopes or blades. Make it have a cost though.

Much, much better drop rate for rare weapons overall, especially for Legendaries and Pearlescents.

And of course, MORE AND BETTER GUNS. More manufacturer balance would be great too, seeing how much Tediore and Bandit weapons suck.

2810579 I totally agree that all the points you mentioned. Might I also mention Torgue snipers? Seing as how the original had blast snipers. I think bandit is technically S&S munitions from the original since both of their main features are larger ammo capacity magazines.

I also might like to see new vault hunters as playable characters, but the problem is, if they keep doing that, there are going to be another four characters for every game (if they make any after 3)

As an expansion to your "better skills" suggestion, I thought of what it might be like if there were maybe 2 or 3 different initial skills to choose from. Think about this. Zer0 is best used with long range and melee. So perhaps he could have had a skill that involving something that could get far range enemies, such as Mordecai's bloodwing, but different for the sake of originality (although Axton and Roland have pretty much the same skill), as well as keeping his deception skill. There has to be a way to make it repayable with the same character several times over, right from the first playthrough.

Thirdly, this is something that annoyed me. I got nearly all the legendary gear at Level 50, then they released an increased level cap. With an increase coming with General Knoxx's secret armory in the original, I should have expected them to put the cap to 61, so I didn't mind. But then I farmed nearly all the legendaries again, as well as all the Pearlescents, only for them to raise the cap to 72. So I have to do it all over again now. They should consider either doing one big cap, or giving us an estimate for how many caps they are going to include

One thing I see in a lot of speculation threads is weapon customizability. The original featured a bazillion guns, number two featured a bazillioner guns (according to the trailer) so why not have the third installment feature a bazillionest guns, just by adding minor customization, as well as the new stuff they put in.

Finally, just a small thing I wasn't to see is a legendary pistol called the slaya. You may have heard of Yoteslaya, he's synonymous with the borderlands community. He helped me with a lot of legendaries. Unfortunately, he died late last year. A lot of his subscribers are making a poll for gearbox to include a legendary weapon called the slaya in his honor. I'm among them.

We all know NPCs like Scooter, Marcus, Claptrap and possibly Moxxi will be returning, but I'd also like to see Mister Torgue, Tiny Tina, Ellie and Hammerlock return. I have a good feeling they will.

There's a lot more I could go into, like better vehicle choice, (bring the lancer, monster and racer back) as well as more back story. While Borderlands had no back story of the vault hunters at all, borderlands 2 had only very little, with 4 echo logs a piece, and that didn't include Gaige and Krieg who got no back story. Ok Krieg's trailer was a little bit of a back story, in how he joined the vault hunters, but there needs to be a good, solid way in which the players (us) can find out a lot more about the characters we play as. It would make for a more immersive game, as well as maybe helping us connect with the characters more.

The biggest thing i want to see is a more original ability for whatever they call the commando. Like a LDR or something mobile

2810704 I'd like to see them expand on the character's personality and make the commando better.
Expansion on the character's personality because we only ever saw the character act in a way they would through trailers and/or minor cut scenes.
As for the commando, I rarely ever saw anyone play as him just for the fact off how bad he is in the beginning, only ever being good when he get's the right abilities unlocked.
Also, I want my damn Torge Sniper damnit!:flutterrage:

I want my Maliwan shotguns dammit!

Might I also mention Torgue snipers?

I'm sold

2812681 It's just that I wonder why they didn't add them in number 2. By the way, from my last thread, I did hit you up on Steam, but since my xbox live runs out soon, figure I may as well make the most of it. When it goes, I'm moving to steam for a bit

Something I've wanted to see from the beginning was the ability to take parts from guns, such as the elemental components of a Maliwan weapon or the gigantic magazines of a Bandit weapon, and use them to make your own guns.

The demand for better skill trees is all well and good, but in a game that's all about guns and how many different ones you can find it seems almost like a necessity to have some kind of customization.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10