The Fillyfoolers 3,490 members · 3,948 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16
Fillyfooler
Group Admin

That's right give reasons, purpose or just plain fact on your favorite shipping or pairing of female characters. And please no raging, flaming or being nasty. They are pastel colored ponies after all. So go crazy:yay::pinkiehappy::heart::heart::heart::heart::yay:

well, it depends on which group of ponies we're talking about.
Mane6:
twidashpie
rarijackshy
for threesomes
twidash
rarijack and shypie

As for other ponies:
Lyrabon is a must
LunaTwi is a nice one as well
throw in some Twilestia
and some dash spitfire.

wow most of my OTP's all in a row.

One of thing I love about the ponies is that most of them (the mane cast at least) are fully realized thinking/feeling beings, and because of that I could pretty much any pairing of them to be valid (though perhaps not 'idea' in my own mind).

My personal favourites are:
Vinyl Scratch and Octavia (just for the shared love of music, and the opposing personality types)
Applejack and Rainbow Dash (because ... I mean come on! Those two couldn't be more made for each other if they'd been born with each other's name stamped on their flanks)
Rarity and Fluttershy (I think one's confidence would nicely balance out the others timidity)
Twilight and Luna (Just because I think they'd look awesome together. Shallow ... yes!)

(though secretly, my very favourite pairing is Twilight and Fly_by_Night ... everyone needs to dream don't they? :pinkiesad2:)

Gabriel LaVedier
Group Contributor

Ahh yes. The eternal question. I have a list that is very long so explanations are out (Maybe I'll write a blog about it) but I can do a list.

Twilight and Pinkie; Dash and AJ; Rarity and Fluttershy; Scoots and Sweetie; Applebloom and Zecora; Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon; Berry Punch and Colgate; Lyra and Bon Bon; Carrot Top and Derpy; Dinky Doo and Pinchy; Trixie and Gilda; Vinyl and Octavia; I used to pair two of the three Flower Trio but it's been so long I've forgotten which; Cheerilee and Toola Roola (inspired by Kipakuta's "Dames of the Tea Table: Silver Sabbatical).

there are so many.
but to pick one, i am very fond of twilestia.
i just find it to be this perfect combonation between motherdaughter and romantic, i love its dynamic. o ya, and all the dawww

I think one of my all time favourites would be Twilight and Rainbow Dash myself.

At first I think it was the 'opposites attract' thing that made me think they made a great couple,. they were so different and yet seemed to work so well in every fic/fanart I saw.

And then Season 2 hit and started actively pushing them closer together...:heart: I like to think they will wind up together by the time the show ends :rainbowkiss:

Mane Six:
- Rarijack = OTP. Cuter and more adorable than toe socks, baby alligators, and Ellen Page. On a roller coaster. Yeah, I don't know where I'm going with this analogy either.
- Pinkiedash, or Rainbowpie, or whatever I'm supposed to call it, was one of the first shippings I encountered in this crazy fandom. Started with butterscotchsundae's "The Party Hasn't Ended" and I've loved it ever since.
- Twidash is starting to grow on me. And I normally don't like Twilight pairings.

- Twilestia.
...Okay, I like some of them.
- Twiluna.
...Shut up.

I ship Discord with everypony. (But he isn't female!)

Fix'd. :moustache:

Fillyfooler
Group Admin

My favorite ships mostly involve Fluttershy.

So it's Appleshy or Lunashy as my OTP, in the mane six (Their just so perfect).
Then FluttershyXRarity (If done right, this can be beautiful. Though it can be very,very stupid and wrong if done badly).
And despite how much I hate Rainbow Dash, Rainbowpie (It just seems to make sense).

None mane six would be Octascratch and LyraBon for OTP (Their background ponies, no one knows what their really like) .
Then gildatrix, which has a devastating low number of fics and pics (It's soooooo right though).
GildaXZacora, is one I made and love (Fics of it don't exist:fluttercry:, curses :facehoof::flutterrage:) .
Crank ship is Gildashy:pinkiecrazy:.
I use to like Twiluna but dropped it since finding Lunashy.
But I do enjoy Twilestia (Cause it properly, in all honesty, is the one true ship that isn't obvious)
I do enjoy random Gilda shipping (She doesn't get :heart:)
Also CheerlieeXAloe is a another one of mine that I like.
AloeXlotus incest:pinkiecrazy: (Just cause).

Favorite hetro ship would be Dr WhoovesXDerpy (But I don't enjoy the fics, just the art).
And yeah do enjoy the odd ship that isn't mainstream, also I like Zecora shipping (She doesn't get enough:heart: either :fluttershysad::fluttershysad:).

Octavia and DJ PON-3...Just...love these two.In different stories they have different personalities,but I just find myself liking these two together no matter what.It`s always sweet and emotional.I just think these characters are lucky.Only judging by their appearance,you can make so many stories with them,thinking about so many possible outcomes of their relationship...I love both Vinyl and Octavia.Each of them has unique flaws.
RariJack
Well..I just can see it happening.Opposites attract thing.And moreover,it is even more satisfying to see these two interacting quite nicely and warm to each other,looking back when they nearly killed each other during Twilight`s sleepover.This relationship has evolution and certain spice,seeing AJ calm,working,rough and honest being side by side with Rarity,prissy,elegant and drama queen-ish.

I like Pinkie with Twilight or Dash.Both ships are cute ^_^ Also Rarishy sometimes strikes my fancy,including Flutterdash.

You just listed my entire shiplist... with the exception of PinkieDash as OTP, of course. :derpyderp1:

Mine are Appledash, Rarishy, Twilight+OC, Octavia+Vinyl, Scootabloom, Cherilee+Big Mac, and occasionally Doctor Whooves+Twilight.
EDIT: I ship me as a pony and Dash as well
:rainbowdetermined2::ajsmug: out!

Well I'm new to this group, so I thought I'd make a post in the forums. Well here we have a favorite ships topic. So I'll just tell everypony my favorite ships. Don't have to like them, they're just my preferences.

First off, Flutterdash. This was the first ship I started reading about and I LOVE IT! They're just so adorable, and the whole backstory with Flight school really gives a good strong foundation for this ship.

Secondly, Rarijack. I decided I would ship them after I watched the "Look before you sleep" episode, where the two ponies go to Twilight's first sleepover. I love how they're complete opposites, but they balance each other well.

Course there's Rarispike/Sparity, I don't know what the official name for the ship is but these are the two names I have seen so far. This ship was actually my very first ship since I started watching MLP, but then I saw that episode with the sleepover. So I don't know which I want to ship honestly haha.

Last, but not least, Twipie/Twinkie. Again, I don't know the official ship name so far but these are the two I've seen most often used. Anyway, I just think they work. I have no explanation for this. Twipie/Twinkie just is.

For the mane 6 pairings
FlutterDash- Two best ponies, what can I say? :p Yes I know everypony is best pony I just love them and their moments.
TwiDash- After seeing their mutual love of Daring Do books I could see it enough to ship it.
RainbowPie - Too cute! Plus that pranking episode where they discovered their mutual love of Pranks.
AppleDash- They do well together in my opinion for many reasons. Love of sports, their differences as well AJ could keep RD more honest while RD is more...idk how to put it.
TwiShy- Aww <3 Can aww be an explanation?
TwiPie- They have sweet friendship moments but also interesting pair.
Rarilight- I forget what episode it was that made me see this, or episodes maybe. Interesting pair I don't really have a reason.
FlutterPie- Cuteness. Could be sweet assuming Pinkie doesn't give Fluttershy a heart attack.
AppleShy- Dragonshy, in Dragonshy AJ seems to be the only one patient with Fluttershy so that episode made me ship them.
ApplePie- OTP. So cute, no good reason.
RariJack- Very, very interesting pair. Drama, funny.

Yes I like all of those, no that isn't all of them though it may seem like it lol. However my OTP's with Twilight and Rarity are TwiLuna and Sparity. TwiLuna hmm...well Luna raises the moon and loves the night while Twilight also loves the stars. I just like them together. Sparity well that isn't fillyfooling so i'll shut up.

Non mane 6 OTP's
LyraBon- Cuteness and all their moments even if they were just a coincidence. There was that parasprite episode moment.
OctaScratch/VinylTavia- Love of music and different personalities.
ScootaBloom- Scootaloo is best CMC and I just think they make a cute pair.
Carrot Punch (Carrot top and Berry punch)- I see them together in episodes sometimes, nothing ship worthy really but I think they are cute.

SHL

So many ships, it's difficult to choose favourites ^^ So.. I will say only four of my favourites.

- AppleDash
- FlutterPie
- RariPike/Sparity
- TwiLuna

TaviScratch. Nothing else to said, just TaviScratch :derpytongue2:

I'm pretty new here, but I suppose it's about time I post.

...Even if it has been quite a long time since the last post.

The one ship I really enjoy is FlutterDerp/DerpyShy. They're just... Just... D'awww! So adorable! The bashful kind pony and the somewhat oblivious but very optimistic shy pony, they're just so cute together!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16