Christian Bronies 982 members · 235 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Great stuff... but that's enough. Otherwise it takes all the fun away.

What do these lines mean? Is Henk implying that too much religion "takes all the fun" out of life, or is he merely practicing the Biblical principle of moderation in all things, including worship?

Not familiar with this comic or what country it is from. Who wrote it and what is the audience?

without having read anything else from this, I would say it means he wants just enough religion to feel like a good guy, but not enough to take away the vices he wants to keep

Based on this alone . . .
What 2475233 said.

I don't know the intent of the writers, so I'll say what it made me think of.

Some Christians I've heard some ministers call "checklist Christians" have a very ritualistic view of Christianity.

They sort of check off a to-do list, such as going to church on Sunday, and then keep their life in church compartmentalized and totally separate from how they act outside of it.

The label has been particularly directed to the types that only come to Church for the communion, or go to lunch afterwards and tip horribly and/or are rude to the waiter.

Thanks for the feedback! You explained what I was trying to express perfectly!:twilightblush:

I think you got it right; it's almost obviously a satire.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9