Doctor Whooves 1,805 members · 553 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, turns out that once the specials are over, and we have Ncuti Gatwa as the Doctor, over on Disney+... that's going to be called Series 1. So, basically "New Who" is effectively over, and no longer the newest era.

Seems to me like we might need to reshuffle how we refer to the eras. I'll probably call the new season 1 Disney Who unless anything else catches on, though I'm still wondering if we should start calling "New Who" something else..

Just not something I totally expected. We'll see how this goes.

--Sweetie Belle

Just as long as Disney never gets a chance to work on Doctor Who beyond just broadcasting, I'm meh on the whole thing to be honest until we see Ncuti properly in action as the Doctor.

I get why they're doing it. It's emphasis on this being a new era, a point for new viewers to come in and start without worrying about the old days. RTD did it well back in 2005, and he should be able to do it again.

Me, I'm not gonna fuss over it too much. I tend to divide up the run based on the incumbent Doctor rather than the seasons/series/whatever anyway.

Also we got Tales From the TARDIS

Sixes_And_Sevens
Group Admin

As far as 'new ways to refer to episodes' goes, this tumblr post offers an interesting possibility.

Thank G-d. I hate what New Who became after Russle left. Let's start from scratch

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6