Doctor Whooves 1,806 members · 553 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Okay, I've been avoiding posting anything with rumours about David Tennant for a while, because, you know, they were just rumours. This one isn't.

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news-and-features/david-tennant-catherine-tate-return

Russell T Davies, Showrunner says: “They're back! And it looks impossible - first, we announce a new Doctor, and then an old Doctor, along with the wonderful Donna, what on earth is happening? Maybe this is a missing story. Or a parallel world. Or a dream, or a trick, or a flashback. The only thing I can confirm is that it’s going to be spectacular, as two of our greatest stars reunite for the battle of a lifetime.”

I have questions. Though, at least RTD seems to know what some of them are...

--Sweetie Belle

No comment until we have more to go on. But it should be awesome.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, I'm certainly intrigued, anyways.

It's nice to know that RTD remembers one of my favorite 2nd Doctor stories...

--Sweetie Belle

Huzzah! Donna was always my favorite of the companions, so I'm down for...pretty much anything that gets her back in the thick of things, even if briefly. :raritystarry:

And of course, I'll never say no to 10 popping in to say hello either. :twilightsmile:

Well, next year is the sixtieth anniversary. Makes sense to bring back Tennant for that. Catherine Tate's return is just a delightful bonus.

Sixes_And_Sevens
Group Admin

While I'm interested to see Tennant return (and over the MOON about Tate, please please PLEASE undo the memory wipe RTD give us back Donna PLEASE), I really hope that they don't make Gatwa's first story a multi-Doctor thing. I want him to be able to make a good first impression, and I think that it would be a shame for his first episode to be overshadowed by Tennant's return.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

So, there have been updates, so I thought I'd post them in the same thread.

They were filming today, which is probably why they did the reveal yesterday.

Bernard Cribbins was seen on set! I heard that he was on a wheelchair going into the Tardis. Yay, Wilf!

Rachel Talalay was seen on set. This is notable because she directed Dark Water, Death in Heaven, Heaven Sent, Hell Bent, World Enough and Time, The Doctor Falls, and Twice Upon a Time.

Yasmin Finney from Heartstopper was announced to be playing a character named Rose. (Some speculation she might be Donna's daughter?)

Funny thing is that the one I'm really excited for on this is Donna. Tennant himself, I could take or leave as the Doctor, but he's great with Donna. (Otherwise, my favorite role of Tennant's is as Crowley on Good Omens, playing opposite Michael Sheen. Michael Sheen would make a great Doctor, too...)

I am rather hoping this, well, isn't Gatwa's story. Ideally, I'd like to have about as much Gatwa in this one as Whittaker in "Twice Upon A Time"...

I'll admit I'd like to see Donna able to remember the Doctor by the end of this, too.

--Sweetie Belle

Unless RTD has a serious brain malfunction, I can't see how they could, and Donna live. Remember how Ten hammered it home to Wilf and her wanker of a mother to not mention him or anything connected to what they did.

Now, of course, there might be something that comes as a twist that would allow Donna to remember it all. We can only hope.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'm assuming no brain malfunctions, I'd just like him to add in some sort of twist that allows her to keep her memories. If a problem can be technobabbled into existence, it can usually be technobabbled out of existence...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Incidentally, this leak is looking more and more likely to be legitimate, since more and more of it matches what we know:

--Sweetie Belle

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10