Ponies in the Real World 1,686 members · 1,107 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

What is the worst ponies on earth story you have ever read? It can be completed or incomplete, long or short. The only requirement is that the characters from the story are in our world, in pony form.

2580044 Out of a sense of self-deprecation, mine.

2580088 Odd. While by the description it does not seem to be my cup of tea, it has a decent like/dislike ratio.

2580116 Other than that, any of the two and a half thousand MLD spinoffs, fan sequels, origin stories, and re-imaginings.

2580132 Oh. I never read MLD (I presume you mean My Little Dashie) .

2580155 That I do. And while the story itself it rather well written and a fine example of dramatic story arc, it's pretty much all wish fulfillment. Back in the day (old man voice), it was the flavor, and people wrote spinoffs with every pony conceivable in situations that were all just so repetitious, not to mention poorly written. Heck, I ran into one that was a word-for-word plagiarism of My Little Dashie, with the only real difference being that the author took a few minutes to change the word "Dashie" to "Derpy". Hell, he even had the cross-eyed mare do a sonic rainboom, it was literally word for word.

2580189 Wow, that is crappy. And they got away with it? That's odd.

Thankfully I don't think mine comes across like that. Admittedly the main plot has only been partly revealed, as I prefer to have it be shown bits at a time than all in a chapter that is pretty much exposition exposition exposition.

I haven't read any flat out bad POE stories myself. Though to be fair I haven't read many at all.

2580205 Oh, by no means did they get away with it. I personally saw to it that their story and their entire account were permanently banned from Fimfiction. And I remember seeing something about your PoE, and I thought it was a pretty unique and untapped concept.

2580858 Good, glad to hear that they got banned. I hate plagiarists like that.

And thanks for the comment. I try to always choose things that are different. That's why I decided to make everypony in it tiny. It is either not done, or done very rarely.

Can we get some links to some bad stories.

My earliest stories were a mix. It was a PoE crossover with something nobody had really done a crossover on. The premise was good, but my writing was crap. Thankfully, I have gotten much better than having three An-225s (there is only one in existence) show up and be blown apart.

2583773 What was it a crossover with?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13