Toku Ponies! 324 members · 405 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

That's right, the Hurricanegers aren't the only team getting a 20th anniversary film, as now we have one for Bakuryu Sentai Abaranger! And what makes this even more special is that Aiko Ito, the actress for Ranru Itsuki (Abare Yellow), will be reprising her role for the first time since Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger vs. Abaranger in 2005.

Now this I'm excited for (in the "remember, they could still blow it" way."

I wonder what sort of tribute, if any, Ryuunosuke will get? And will there be a Mai appearance, with her original actress or otherwise? And what of Yatsudenwani, and the Bakuryuu?

Maya Banno officially confirmed to reprise her role as Mai Hakua!

What, it's still not out?!

(That powerup seems kind of janky, but I'll wait to see it in action.)

Nope, the movie is set to premiere on September 1st.

As for the new power-up, it's called Cho Abare Max.

Hey, guess what? It's officially been 10 years since the premiere of Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters!

And to mark the occasion, I thought I'd share a bit of news that came out around the time of Abaranger 20 Years After which contradicts something I mentioned above. So you know how I said that Abaranger 20 Years After was the first time since Dekaranger vs. Abaranger in which Ranru Itsuki (Abare Yellow) was played by her original actress, Aiko Ito, and how many have speculated that Arisa Komiya, the actress for Yoko Usami (Yellow Buster), provided her speaking lines in Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters? Well according to a Twitter post three days after Abaranger 20 Years After premiered in theaters, turns out that wasn't a sound-alike at all; Aiko Ito did in fact reprise her role as Abare Yellow in Kyoryuger vs. Go-Busters. She just chose to go uncredited in that movie.

So because of this, I guess you could say the real special occasion for Abaranger 20 Years After is that Kaoru Abe reprised his role as Asuka (Abare Black) for the first time since GoGo Sentai Boukenger vs. Super Sentai in 2007.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6