Star Wars 1,561 members · 289 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

I've been looking into the weapons of the Star Wars universe and the lightsaber like is the one that interests me the most. My question is, is it a worthwhile weapon? My strategy with it would be to use it as a Bo Staff of sorts and not ignite the blade unless I'm going for the final blow.

4500704 4500725 it would be called a force pike or staff.

Are you thinking of the staffs the Magna guards used?

4500817 That's what I'm talking about.

4500704 It would be a difficult weapon to use but a good one. The idea of using it as a staff before igniting the blade for a killing blow does sound good, but there are other weapons to look into as ideas for fighting styles. Pole arm weapons like spears, halberds, and one and these.

An Asian pole arm used mainly by the Chinese and Japanese (I think) I don't know the name but I do believe there are a few variations.

A quick article for some more info

So yes. It is worthwhile. Just probably not known as well as other weapons.

4500725 That is true, but lightsaber pike is just the name of the weapon. More like a spear or halberd in reality.

Yeah, that's why I was thinking he was talking about the Magnaguards weapons. What you want is a lightsaber on a stick!

4500704 the Lightsaber Pike is primarily a guards weapon, it is much more user friendly then the other weapons of the Jedi/Sith and gives the advantage of range, you're concept is admirable but in the ling run will only get you kill as most who have tried this strategy have only gotten themselves kill, vodo siosk baas and Siolo'urmanka who used pure staff combat and held up well only to be slain later, I'm not saying it's a bad idea but what I a saying if it's a bo staff style you want, why not one of the magnaguards shock staffs

4500704 if you know how to use it and if the staff bit is made out of lightsaber resistant metal (it most likely will be tho) it's great for attacking not defending and its large size may hinder your movement so you will end up getting shot in the face trying to dodge unless your Jedi

4500704 I'd go with something like this.

-W.S.

4691634 That is a Light Pike.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14