Equestrian Earth Hubnet 386 members · 34 stories
Comments ( 77 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 77
Chaotic Note
Group Admin

This thread is meant for those who have great ideas on how the world of Equestrian Earth could be added too. Have an expansion idea? If I like it, I'll include it as a new sub-Arc to the main story. Wanna see something crazy like a new boss monster for the Mane 6 to go up against? Bring it on. And when I say bring it on. I mean

BRING IT ON.

Something to do with this game. A battle with both sides playing games with causality would be epic. Particularly if it turned out that they, at some later point, were the other side.

I have an idea for at least a small side-story. A human mod, featuring everyone's favorite human-obsessed pony.

If that idea is taken, it actually gives me an idea for a small side-story/fanfic... It most likely wouldn't work, but hey, it's good enough to entertain the idea.

I spent thirty minutes trying to figure that game out using the wiki. My head now hurts.

You think that's bad, try juggling between multiple different timelines at multiple points along them. This game is impossible to play while sane. :pinkiecrazy:

Fortunate I'm, you know, me...

i think a good idea would be to check out D&D adventures or adding some of their monsters like orcus or lolth.

since it is a MMO it should have Guilds or factions. the Mane 6 should have one of their own.

Well, what about class growth and character progression? Have you thought about that so far?

Since its an online game, you should add some elements from the .hack series. Not the jrpg elements (unless it fits) but the idea that there are holes in the games programming that are fatal to some who are playing. Also you sould probably avoid the manga because it doesn't really have much material the that is useful.

GuyInTheCorner
Group Contributor

Well, when you think, "Virtual World," the first kind of villain that comes to mind is hackers. Lot's of em'. Or some rouge AI. Just a few suggestions.

I highly doubt that this counts as an expansion pack but something I find annoying in MMOs is that the armor is usually gender specific and/or class specific. Just thought I should make a suggestion.

Also: Derpy/Ditzy, I have an idea for her class/proffession. Healer and Blacksmith sticks true to MMORPG, but I think she would make a perfect thief, always 'bumping' into ponies, able to fly away...:derpytongue2:

434182 like the New Lunar Republic vs. The Solar Something? Split them up in PvP and have Dashie remain neutral? Is that what your thinking?:trixieshiftright:

Interesting, but Twilight only just became a lvl 2, lets keep the Diablo rule of 8+ only for PvP.

Expansion packs?

Ponn vs. Machine

Keys, Crates and Unusual Hats :applejackconfused:

435489 YES, that is sexactly what im talking about! and i have to say i think the same about classes and armors for each one. And I can just imagine RD being an Assassins type later in the game, and pinkey being a Gunner having he party cannon as a weapon XD

Hmm, what about a situation where due to a maintenance mishap involving magic the EE servers are connected to the Guild Wars 2 servers (yes that means humans and WoW is overused). Now pony and human avatars must work together in order to prevent a sistemwide crash of both worlds internets.

Also: EVE Online. That is all.

Nxegex
Group Contributor

Expansions? Oh dear... I've got one... The Tomb of Horrors

Any Dungeons and Dragons player that has been around might realize what I've said. Players of Dungeons and Dragons will hate me for it. Dungeon Masters will give me all of the brohoofs.

In case you are not aware, the Tomb of Horrors is one of the classic D&D campaign/dungeons. It is infamous for being one o the most devious and impossibly difficult dungeons ever thought up by the mind of man. Not only is it full of deadly monsters and traps, but these encounters and traps are often triggered for no apparent reason, and cannot reasonably be avoided even by players who are exercising extreme caution. One would think that this would make the Tomb of Horrors unpopular. On the contrary, it is widely regarded as one of the greatest adventures ever thought up... Which just goes to show you the mentality of the DM's who ran it.

Let me tell you what I told my Cucumber gem:

Feature: Game starts
As a programmer
I want to make Equestrian Earth
So that writers have some coherency when writing

Equestrian Earth is a fictitious MMORPG played by Twilight Sparkle and
friends in a story of the same name. The writer expressed an interest in
universe-building, so, as a programmer first, I felt this would be my
contribution: a character and monster builder, as well as a mock interface.

That said, the "game" should include a single and multi-player environment,
although an XBuck Live connection or a FeatherStation Network account
should be required to play--so as to roll out updates in a timely and
meaningful fashion, as well as to prevent "cheating".

Scenario: Start game
Given I am not playing
When I start the game
Then I should see "Welcome to Equestrian Earth!"
And I should see "New User"
And I should see "Login"
And I should see "Play offline"
And "Login" should be selected

:twilightblush: Is it any wonder that TSparx is my favorite poni?:pinkiehappy: This should be up on github soon, btw; I'm actually doing it, but reconsidering whether or not ruby provides the best interface for such a task. What I would need is a basic stat set; might I recommend S.P.E.C.I.A.L. (from the Fallout series) or using this system?

435678 hey, its been awhile. I assume you mean Diablo II

435564 I reallyhope you can fix that typo, but seriously. He is basing this on MMORPGs, it will come.

I just don't want to see them get their flanks hoofed to them because they found it too early.:rainbowlaugh:

Oooh brainstorm. Trixie:scootangel::twilightsmile::raritywink::pinkiehappy::yay::trollestia::moustache:
:trixieshiftleft:

Sound Wave
Group Contributor

Ooh i got a couple of stuff in mind, how about a special expansion called 'Realm of Chaos' or maybe "Discord's Entropy' or something like that lol, where the MMORPG game is updated with new monsters, locations and bosses all involved with Chaos! Woot! The monsters would be chaos versions of the choice monsters only tougher and harder to beat and the big boss would be, wait for it.... YOU GUESSED IT! DISCORD!!! And he's NOT alone! He';s got mini-bosses protecting and who better than Discorded Doppelgangers of the Mane 6 themselves!?

Ooh ooh~ and new items, armor and all sorts of stuff will be available even classes!! Oh and I think there should be Special Event moments in the game, Either Holiday Related or not~!

You should add ffdd discord! That'd be soo cool! Or add a buster sword as a heavy weapon! i also am developing a pen and papaer rpg for mpl and with a few quick edits (quite a lot actually) it could be used for this fic... or the system could be used for any future plans in the terms of an actual game...

Like a Discorded world, you should add a world similar to a lava realm. Such...
as Super Mario Bros., there is always the final boss... I'm too early, aren't I?

Anyways, the bosses of that realm should be ALL the enemies the group have fought through out, but in an upgraded manner, such as Discord, but stronger and smarter!

Hyperion
Group Contributor

how about a city falls from space and it has advance techology like steam power or something and players can visit it and where a great legend lies hidden. like a powerful weapon that shape the world or the heavens it self and its protected by 7 forgetting heroes from the past? :fluttershysad:

wow so many discord suggestions... I was thinking for them being sucked into a "random event" (Bonus point for Runescape refrence) where they could end up on a "quiz show" where every correct answer gives you a prize, and every wrong answer well.... Lets just say its very funny to watch ponies get turned into mushrooms until they're killed by noobs.

(Maybe have pinkie answer something outrageously hard, like particle physics.)

Talen
Group Contributor

Hmm here are some Ideas that I just had for Features or later game add-on that could be implemented to E.E later on.

This one is just a feature that could be added that builds on the idea of owning homes and businesses. So basically if you are able to gather enough players together you are able to create your own cities, and after these cities have as some would say increased in rank or fame as it may be. They are able to wage wars on opposing cities to plunder them of their riches and adding the losing cities power to their own, and if they conquer a big enough area the leader of the first city that started the wars will become a warlord of the area. They are able to impose tax's and laws for their area and approve or disapprove of possible business ventures or new cities to be built.

But if you are looking for a more enemy based expansion I would suggest using the changelings. The changelings have attacked the world of E.E. With the capabilities to take on the forms of actual players they have begun to replace npc's of the many cities around the world. Now it is up to the remaining players to repel the advancing changelings and rescue the Npc's and players that have been abducted by the changeling hoard. It could be called The Ever Changing Evil or something like that if it was a expansion they had to buy in their real lives.

Now the last one that is clinging to my mind involves Tartarus. For Centuries the gates have held back the horrors of the ages. Now the demons and beasts have finally broken through the mighty gates that have held them back for so long. Now it is up to you the players to push them back and reclaim the land that they have taken before all is lost. Ahem, sorry about that don't know why I did that, but anyway the Gates of tartarus have finally broken through and the creatures within have begun to conquer the lands of E.E. Demolishing cities and leaving once grand monuments as smoking husks. The creatures that have escaped have a tendency to randomly attack a city, and when this happens a notification is sent to all players within a radius around the city as a call to arms to defend it. This one could be called......Ancient Evils..?

Well there are my ideas. Just had to get those off my chest....hehe.....sorry for so many ideas...I get a little cooky and obsessed when I get ideas in my head and cant stop thinking about them. :pinkiecrazy:

What about some great and massive army forms almost overnight and destroys many major citys (including that city the mane 6 start in) and the mane 6 have to do a LOTR thing and come up with their own army along with making a fellowship of them and other PCs/NPCs.

and maybe the NPC gods are corrupt and were the ones who made the army so the mane 6 have to go on a god killing quest and assume power.

How about the mane six investigate mysterious account deletions that will eventually take them to the heart of the game's system itself?

level cap of 100

D&P... best thing ever

... Conspiracy that keeps them trapped in the game? I know that is not anexpansion pack but still. Can I makea thread for spin off ideas/group projects?

Hyperion
Group Contributor

k. here my new idea for a expansion called "Harmony as One"

the creators of the game scan the elements of harmony, so they can create in game version of them but in doing so, it made the elements take form of ponies. the mane6 learn that these six ponies can't meet up or they will fuse into a demigod called Harmony, but a evil pony or whoever want this and search them out and so on.

Shadow dimension, basically it has a large chance of random encounters, and occasionally shadowy clones of the player will appear and challenge the player to a match, with all the same abilities, and the player health will be restored at the start of said battle... Also the expansion pack's final boss will be a large black glob that sends out shadow clones! The name of the pack will be:
A. Shadow Dimension
B. Dark Realm
C. Evil of the Dark Unknown or
D. Any mixture of the first three

Chaotic Note
Group Admin

1st Set of Expansions 9/25/12

444884 Hmm How about The Abyssal Mirrors? Abyssal for the dark and grim atmosphere and Mirrors that could make up the realm that produces the clones?

444824 Got that handled already. Somewhat.

437714 Idea #1 is pretty good. I'll try to integrate that into the story. Idea #2 is well meh. I already planned for Changlings. Idea #3 is something I'll need to think about.

437196>>437104>>437094 For all the people that suggested Discord, I can't really add him directly into the game as the timeline is stretched back after the time of his reign. I can however add a place where his chaos still spreads like wildfire. In fact I was thinking of a monster for it. Have you ever seen a multi colored Slime where it has mushroom caps for feet and a cape that says "Chaos is Best Muffian" and every time you kill one you either get a random amount of exp from 1 - 10,000 or you loose a certain percentage of your exp from 1% - 10%? Because I certainly don't.

Talen
Group Contributor

Well I am glad you like my idea. I originally got it from a manga I read a long time ago and thought it would fit into your story well since it was based on a online game as well. >_> Although I am really curious to see what this will lead to with these expansions.

Nxegex
Group Contributor

Not taking mine then? At least not at first? That's okay, because it just means that I can use it.

444976 you sir, are now my favorite author!:pinkiehappy:

444884 Better yet because I am sadistic. Spawn a clone 5 levels higher then the player meaning they have more skills ability's and stats. it's a great Idea and for what little my opinion is worth I support it! meaning Tongen's idea I obviously support my own idea. :facehoof:

and to clarify I meant actual player killing not duels/challenges

call it the assassins expansion could be handled by out right removing safe area's in the higher level towns.

maybe the admins or mods or someone handing out assassins license or some item that let's them maybe they were chosen to keep order in the game sent to kill bots hackers cheaters spammers and such.

maybe it's a game hack not not a expansion but a player made mod anyone who uses it has safe area's removed letting them kill in safe area's or be killed with out penalty.

Blame my love of TTA SAO .Hack and other video game movies flash and animation.

Hmm... I have an idea for an Expansion Pack if you'll hear it.

Expansion Pack: The Great Arcadian Eclipse
This expansion will expand on the PvP elements by allowing clans and families to be integrated into play. A family is a set of four to six players who are constantly playing together. After a certain amount of time playing together they gain the option to start the family, and a Family can be upgraded into a Clan, which will then evolve into a Guild once enough members are added. Though the limitations of this would involve playing with your intended Family for a long period of time.
I thought of the idea of calling the small group a family from the old army saying "A band of Brothers. Forged in war." Sounds very nice.
This expansion would also involve the new region The Arcadian Roosts which is a mountainous region where Griffin Player Characters start off. This would be the Expansion that would coincide with the release of the game in the Griffin Kingdom, and would also allow interaction with Gilda, plus a possible sub-plot for character interaction. Seeing as now players can choose to Side with The Roost or Eclipse. ((What I'm calling the Equestrian Faction due to an Eclipse being a merge of the Sun and Moon.))

44497i ment final fantasy discord but mlp discord would be cool too.

What about adding manicans from dissidia? Manican ponies would be cool.

OHH! And pitting changelings against the manican ponies.

Nxegex
Group Contributor

I'm just dropping this here because I don't really know where else to put it.

It's currently five in the morning. I just spent the last three and a half hours pumping out four thousand words. I am now going to go to sleep, and hand the first chapter of my Equestrian Earth spinoff to my Editors when I wake up at noon. G'night. G'morning. Whatever.

Chaotic Note
Group Admin

446525 Currently 7:34am here. It's been two hours since the time you went to sleep and I say good morning!

I thought of an idea have a boss like Discord show up at random times, or during certain event's and, also I think it would be pretty interesting if you include holiday bosses like for a nightmare night, the boss should really be a boss of nightmare moon, just throwing some idea's around will let you know if I come up with a good idea

It would be cool if the A.I. Designed the world independently, like I assume it does with class abilities. The world would expand itself and continue to create new challenges for the players. It would also be cool if players received 'utility' spells and abilities, like teleporting or underwater breathing.

Chaotic Note
Group Admin

450425 I've planned something like that. For example pegasi, gyphons, and dragons can have access to a special skill called Tempest Whirl which creates a tornado as they spin around a foe. RD can do this to her friends and it would send them up into high places they can't reach, or set them up for an attack from above. (RD sending Applejack in the air, then she uses Celestia's Hammer to give the enemy a walloping pound.)

You should definitely have advanced classes after lvl 25

Hmm... I like the idea of guilds/factions, and maybe having them have a castle or home base that can use to meet up in and such. Could even let them get NPCs like in Guild Wars 1, and a storage chest. Then later when higher levels, could add in a PvP siege feature. Have them defend the castle/base from other players, or even just special mobs for a guild/faction quest.

Thinking about this, and about members to factions... Where is shining armor? I was thinking maybe take a feature from .hack anime with the Crimson Lance, a group of players that act as guards, defending players, helping the GMs/Admins, and on the look out for hackers.

Chaotic Note
Group Admin

454396 There are pony and gryphon and dragoneer players out there that actually do jobs like that. You know like how Derpy made that tower crash in chapter 2? Well Talon included that idea in his story. (Chapter 3 of Talon's Spin Off)

I mistaked... i meant Chaos, god of discord. In other words, this guy!

(this is the first time i have attempted to post a pic on this site from a mobile device so i don't know that it would work)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 77