LessWrong 316 members · 64 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

I have written a peculiar story quite different from my ponies-and-economics oeuvre. It is called "...Long Lived Sonata Dusk," based on the story "Long Live Sonata Dusk." It is a story about death and an effort to seek an alternative. I do not know that it fits in well with the popular subject matter here, but I do not know that it does not, either. I recall HJPEV being rather displeased with the actuality of death, and I probably would not have thought to do ponies-and-economics without that inspiration--that is, the inspiration of education fanfiction, not his particular attitude toward death. So perhaps someone here will enjoy it.

I also seem to be having some trouble using the illusion of transparency to my advantage. I am sure I recall it being mentioned as an important tool in the crafting of HPMOR. So perhaps some of you will have some suggestions in that regard.

book_burner
Group Contributor

The Illusion of Transparency is actually a terrible disadvantage in writing. You think you've given the readers enough evidence to work something out on their own, but you can never quite tell.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2